Doos Killed Pinemartin Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   VAGIN Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationElgin Moray
  • Club:Buckie

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:34 PM

I got a phone call from friend and clubmate asking me if I could pop round and see him problem was when he open up doos were lying all over the loft dead some with no heads others piled up a bloody mess . When I arrived and saw the mess it was heart breaking . As we were talking outside the loft what came running out the door a big pine martin It was off like a bullet . We know how it got in .I gave him a hand to clean up the mess 50 birds kept 28 dead. Heart breaking many of the y/b birds were purchased for good money this was his future stock mostly all gone So sad he is going to think it over the next few days to see if there is any future for him in the sport. In the last year this same loft was broken into twice and had birds removed . I do hope he keeps the birds going but I cant blame hime for leaving the sport
<b><font size="14"><font color="blue">Doos are for life /Not just for saturday racing</font></font></b>

#2 User is offline   Ryan Hay Icon

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBanff
  • Club:Deveron valley

Posted 16 November 2019 - 13:48 PM

Aye gavin nae good, I had 10 hens killed a few weeks ago, also had their heads taken off. Alot more pine Martin's on the go than people relise. Remember a few years ago in builders knocked down a chimney down by Duff house and there was baby pine Martins in it. Hopefully your mate carrys on

#3 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN Icon

• High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 November 2019 - 15:55 PM

If animals as big as pine Martins can get in the loft, it's going to be over run with vermin causing illness in your birds, you need 1/4" mesh everywhere, behind vents and covering any gaps for ventilation - and use the brushvdraught excluders on the sides of outer sliding doors if you have them

#4 User is offline   Pigeonbob Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationDalgety bay
  • Club:Rosyth pigeon club

Posted 16 November 2019 - 17:17 PM

View PostREDCHEQHEN, on 16 November 2019 - 15:55 PM, said:

If animals as big as pine Martins can get in the loft, it's going to be over run with vermin causing illness in your birds, you need 1/4" mesh everywhere, behind vents and covering any gaps for ventilation - and use the brushvdraught excluders on the sides of outer sliding doors if you have them

Good point

#5 User is offline   Brian Stewart Icon

• In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Club:Inverness

Posted 16 November 2019 - 18:35 PM

Not a good point do gooders live to see murder's kill our birds Inverness has been inundated with pine Martins for years every loft in Ness has been hit at least once

#6 User is offline   doomaloon Icon

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationelgin

Posted 16 November 2019 - 20:13 PM

it will be back

#7 User is offline   VAGIN Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationElgin Moray
  • Club:Buckie

Posted 16 November 2019 - 20:32 PM

View PostPigeonbob, on 16 November 2019 - 18:17 PM, said:

Good point

This is a safe loft trap left half open by a mistake and was very costlyPosted Image
<b><font size="14"><font color="blue">Doos are for life /Not just for saturday racing</font></font></b>

#8 User is offline   AdamArcher Icon

• In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:59 AM

A ferret got in and killed 25 of mine once, including champ stock birds, heartbreaking.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders