Bit Soon.

greenlands

Stupid. Full stop. Just another nail in the coffin of our sport. Against nature and just a ridiculous ploy by some silly people trying to get a march, or stupid enough to fear being left behind or missing out eh! Enough said via me.

Me I'd still mate up Apri Have 2 rounds and fly the young bird programme with ease. J.M.O and accept every one has their own.

Yes would have a late round in Autumn if needed... or to start flying / racing 18 months old or so. Bred in the pink. Good weather for sturdy growth.

Before the moult set in! Seems now some will be breeding youngster to rear when the parents are combatting the moult which is essential to the birds and next season.

Edited by Roland

Personally I think it's a good thing getting rings as early as possible young birds have a lot of hurdles to get over for one you don't need to put on darkness get over any sickness and plenty time to school them even start training with old birds all positive forward thinking guy's

I think we should maybe breeding earlier and train with old birds and possibly race in the same transporter should settle young birds down right from world go and flying in cool wether less chance young birds getting sick and should be cheaper as transporter full it mite not be sum people cup or tea so we could set up a second race program with old and young birds later on starting maybe august

Fact is, as our Fed once did fly them together. They also passed that y/b's could fly with the old birds - raising money- The youngsters will show the older birds the way home. Though they could only enter and be counted on the last two come back races.

The big laugh is/was 'I always put some hens in with the youngsters when first training the youngsters. … to show them the way home'! Forgetting to say showing the 'Hens' lol, Hence that idea was quickly forgotten, though still available!

Edited by Roland