Ash Blue /ash Check.

BANDIT

• 3 weeks later...

When you say "silver", are you talking about dilute blue, like my attachment here?

Pigeons have three base colours - Ash Red, Blue, Brown, so it is a little confusing when you say "Ash Blue".

Silver like I've posted is a blue pigeon plus the "dilute" gene, the same gene that turns red pigeons into yellows.

post-33100-15739564021457_thumb.jpg

The 1981 Homing World stud book has an excellent article by Matt White of Paisley on breeding barless and dilutes, he explains it in layman,s terms and it is relatively easy to understand . It is the best article I have read on the subject. Maybe one of the computer boffins on site could dig it out as surely the article has been copied elsewhere .

I bred a cracker with very pale blue colouring from a barless mealy X blue pied will try and get a photo ,

What would I get from 2 barless mealys ?.

When you say "barless mealy" do you mean the red version of a genuine barless blue, or do you mean "ash red spread", which is commonly called barless mealy but does not have the barless gene?

When you say "barless mealy" do you mean the red version of a genuine barless blue, or do you mean "ash red spread", which is commonly called barless mealy but does not have the barless gene?

That's too complicated for me lol

The cock post-155-15740858053535_thumb.jpeg

The hen is from a blood red cock X black hen

This cock breeds a barless in every nest , although I think he is more a mealy ,

Interested what colour I will get .

That's too complicated for me lol

The cock post-155-15740858053535_thumb.jpeg

The hen is from a blood red cock X black hen

This cock breeds a barless in every nest , although I think he is more a mealy ,

Interested what colour I will get .

I thought this would be what you meant. This bird is what genetics guys call "Ash Red Spread" - like this video:

Although he looks barless, genetically he is most likely to be "red bar", modified by the "spread" gene (same gene that causes black pigeons). You wont breed true barless birds from him unfortunately.

I thought this would be what you meant. This bird is what genetics guys call "Ash Red Spread" - like this video:

Although he looks barless, genetically he is most likely to be "red bar", modified by the "spread" gene (same gene that causes black pigeons). You wont breed true barless birds from him unfortunately.

Thanks .

You seem very knowledgable on the subject so can I ask where do I start trying to breed a barless blue made famous here by Matt White of Paisley .

When you say "silver", are you talking about dilute blue, like my attachment here?

Pigeons have three base colours - Ash Red, Blue, Brown, so it is a little confusing when you say "Ash Blue".

Silver like I've posted is a blue pigeon plus the "dilute" gene, the same gene that turns red pigeons into yellows.

Yes Adam dilute blue or dilute blue check.

Anyone wish a good reas during these dark nights try this website. Most of any colour variation is described and photographed too.

http://www.angelfire.com/ga/huntleyloft/

Mjb

Thanks Michael.