Verdict

gulkie

Mate went to his stock loft this morning found 2 cocks on the floor

Back end so badly eaten away he had to put then away can't find

An entry point any suggestions what would have done this ???

Had that experience last year, went into loft and found 7 cocks killed and some half eaten.Only possible way of access was the 2 inch gap at the back of the roof and side of the roof.Never found out what it was.It was only in the one section, but all the sections were the same design.The outside of the loft is clad with PVC boards, so whatever it was must have had a good grip in its feet.I moved the remaining 6 cocks from that end and left the dead birds for a few days, doused with of weed killer.It must have come back 2 or 3 times as the carcasses were getting less, until that stopped and I removed what remained, but never found out what it was.I stuffed the air gap around the loft with chicken wire and have had no further bother, but its always in the back of your mind when you go out in the morning, especially when the culprit was never found.

Mate went to his stock loft this morning found 2 cocks on the floor

Back end so badly eaten away he had to put then away can't find

An entry point any suggestions what would have done this ???

Rats. anything else would have killed the lot.

Would it nae be some thing bigger than a rat (pine martin ,mink size ) as i cant see a doo sitting getting its *expletive removed* chewed would it nae need some creature big enough to pln it down just my thoughts like.

Theres some BIG rats running about the North of Scotland

Must be rats would look all round the loft,behind nest boxes if can't see all around loft,most likely you have a family of them about now, about 15 to 25 of all sizes you need to find them and get them spring traps set good luck

I know its a bit out the park but ive seen a squirrel in my cousins loft and it caused a lot of mayhem, it was getting in through the 2 inch gap at the top of loft they will eat young squabs and if they can pin a bird down they could be a culprit, as they take the young of magpies and crows and usually leave the head of birds they catch so watch for one.

Must be rats would look all round the loft,behind nest boxes if can't see all around loft,most likely you have a family of them about now, about 15 to 25 of all sizes you need to find them and get them spring traps set good luck

ha ha dont ask danny tae set them easy tae sort rats just bait them 3 days and they are gone trapping them takes a lot longer clever wee cants they can be

Spoke to my mate first night not touched last night a little raw meat gone this morning trap still set

Other trap bated with chocolate trap Sprong bate gone .still can't find an entry point ??? Thanks for

ur replies lads will persevere till we get the bassa .

I've had something in the stock loft at my dads last night. Whatever it was got in a section of hens its killed 10. Taking most of their heads off and only eaten a little off one. I've had a cat in doocote before which ripped the heads off birds but ant see a cat getting in what else do you think it is?

I've had something in the stock loft at my dads last night. Whatever it was got in a section of hens its killed 10. Taking most of their heads off and only eaten a little off one. I've had a cat in doocote before which ripped the heads off birds but ant see a cat getting in what else do you think it is?

[/quo

Weasel or Martin