Xmas Race 2019

Delboy

Whos up for this again this year ? East to West Dunbar Christmas Cracker

December 2019

• Open to all fanciers 45 or more measured miles in a westerly direction from Dunbar

• Birdage set at £5 per pigeon

• 5 bird limit

• Any age race

• Pools - £1,£2,£3,£4,£5, Nom £5 (single bird) and Bonanza £1(no limit)

All entry money will be paid out as prize money,less expenses- all expenses incurred will be itemised and publicised before the race.

All fanciers wishing to compete must pay birdage in cash by Friday the 15th of November, as well as providing their loft number and preferred timing method ( if not given before ). On receiving payment for entries you will be given a pool sheet for the race. Contacts to pay entries are -

Derek Hay - 07776444766

Vic Couper – 01324 815440

Wullie Strang (Uddingston )- 07494014915 ( Wullies on holiday for the next 2 weeks but is available after this ) or Jim Cameron ( Uddingston )- 01698323008

Total prize money and the allocation of will be announced after all entrants have paid.

Pools sheets will be available nearer the event through the contacts above.Pools to be paid in cash on night of basketting.

Marking will take place the evening before the race ,starting at 6pm,in Bonnybridge Homing Society, Dunure Crescent Bonnybridge, FK4 1EG.

December 7th is the chosen date, although conditions and weather forecasts nearer the time will be considered. Sunday the 8th, Saturday 21st and Sunday the 22nd will remain open as options. All winning pigeons will be verified.

Edited by Delboy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHU show is 14th December

The date for the Xmas race will not clash with the SHU show therefore we will go for the 7th December. If weather is really bad then the 8th, 21st or 22nd Dec will be considered. I think its best to miss the weekend of the SHU show altogether.

Also delighted to say that 'APEX GARDEN BUILDINGS' have kindly donated a 6x4 shed to raise money for prize money for this race.My plan is to sell bonus ball numbers 1-59 at £10 each . So anyone, fancier or non fancier has a chance to win a 6x4 shed for a £10 stake and then all the money brought in will be flown for in prize money. The Bonus ball will be drawn on Saturday 16th Nov 2019.

Edited by Delboy

Really enjoyed preparing our birds and all the build up to this race last year. I was hoping you guys would have went south with the birds making it more of a level playing field for everyone competing. Somewhere like Appleby for example.

fancy moving the race point a mile further down the road? am 44 :emoticon-0179-headbang:

It’s a pity m8 but that’s the rule I’m afraid and I canny change it now. Ye should start a race up yourself, I’m positive you’ll get a lot of interest.