Moult

neila

Mine are on 3 parts VL moulting 1 part barley 1 part mix of all I had left ( mostly dupurative ) 25 grams in the morning and then a few beans in the evening to they leave a few and round 5 to 7 grams

Although very wet down here it's pretty mild

Sedochol and poultry spice twice a week

Garlic oil and yeast twice week

Avidress every day

Small amount amount of matrix / clay blocks in the evening

Warm bath twice a week

One year I will feed beans barley and a bit of oil seed as I'm sure that's all they need

Feeding at the moment is 50% V/L Super Star plus, 50% moulting mix with some seeds which I have left over ie hemp,sunflower hearts,conditioner. In the water on alternate days Sedochol, Avidressplus, Naturaline and multivits all of which I use during the season at some stage.I'm exercising the birds when weather permits and they are fed 15oz-12 cocks, 12oz-12 hens but I may give a little more if it gets a lot colder.

I also dust the corn with a grit/mineral mix.

Bag breed &wean X bag all round mixed together with 25%depurative 10%trapping seed , sedichol on feed 3 days , b pure (Brewers yeast) on Tuesday .

Naturaline 2days, avidress 2 days in water.

Not sure if any of it makes a difference but makes me happy lol.

They get as much as they want once a day.ybs out every couple of days.

Edited by eastcoaster

My methods have completely changed 50/50 barley and beans

I agree Ryan I feed about 40 per cent beans and barley just didn't have to confidence to go 100 per cent

Where you getting your beans ? They are more expensive than a good moulting mix here , I have been using souths barley from st Lawrence's at nazeing think it's £7.50 the last lot I got at £5 from the farm seemed to have what looked like small sharp seeds a bit like flint in it

But the beans are good just not cheap £14 for 25 kg was £10 2 years ago

I agree Ryan I feed about 40 per cent beans and barley just didn't have to confidence to go 100 per cent

Where you getting your beans ? They are more expensive than a good moulting mix here , I have been using souths barley from st Lawrence's at nazeing think it's £7.50 the last lot I got at £5 from the farm seemed to have what looked like small sharp seeds a bit like flint in it

If you want good barley Neil you won't beat Gem,got some last week at £5:50 a bag,small plump and very clean.

Hi mate

I wish I could get it but they only stock,VL,Bamfords and souths here

I emailed Gem and I think I had to get 40 bags to get delivery of a mixture and no one here was interested at the time otherwise I would try a few of the mixtures out

Neila

I get mine in Maidstone Kent, Beans/maple mix for £8 a bag and barley at £4 a bag, all farmed by pigeon fanciers, so the barley is top quality and cut and clipped correctly

Cheers Ryan

That's a bit of a trot for me mate , very good prices though

I only winter 60 birds so wouldn't be worth the juice and time

I guess now your south road it's ideal

Yes a good toss and only takes 40 minutes, I do go and buy enough to last me till February so next time I have to go I'm ready for breeding

Edited by Wiley

• 2 weeks later...

they say all the top men feed the same all year im on 100% barley sedechol in water every day

As I have been on YB Darkness for the 1st time, I was told to get them though the moult quick, feed Wheat & Barley only, Only let them out to bath.

• 11 months later...

Im feeding pretty much the same as last year any fanciers feeding different to before ?

Using south feeds moulting instead of VL though

4 parts moulting 1 part dupurative 1 part barley 1/2 part seed

Hanfull hormoform

Naturaline in the water 3 days

Garlic oil on the grub 2 days wheatgerm oil 2 days dried with yeast and provite this year

I put a ounce down in the morning and feed to they leave barley at night which isn't much as they normally still have a bit of food in the tray mid afternoon

I know some good fanciers just moult out on dupurative , barley and a bit if seed there birds always moult great , I will have the courage to try it one year

Much the same as last year but they had no Mutine plus so I'm using Multi Task instead.Mixing 50/50 with V/L Super star and a handful of a high fat mix.Feeding just 1 ounce a day to the cocks and slightly less to the hens and they are exercising daily as the weather has been good here.

Much the same as last year but they had no Mutine plus so I'm using Multi Task instead.Mixing 50/50 with V/L Super star and a handful of a high fat mix.Feeding just 1 ounce a day to the cocks and slightly less to the hens and they are exercising daily as the weather has been good here.

They didn't have Mutine in when I went they had traditional moulting but I though I may as welll use Souths and save £3 a bag

I bred onn Souths and farm beans and used there dupurative and barley all year so it's decent corn in my view