Cat Litter

Colin8

Yes, been using it on and off for years now. Tend to use Easy Bed or wood chip during most of the year, but find that starts to smell and draw the damp during the winter if left too long. Then put down cat litter which I find dries out the droppings much better.

Find like previous posts that some have a lot of dust to watch out for,also some birds may try eating it to begin with.

I put some down in my Dad's lofts last winter for him and he seemed to like it.

Hope this helps.

I have used it in the past but found it was dusty within a few weeks , I use is under my grills in the nest box when breeding or around the bowl , I think it breaks up where you walk on it

I think sophisticat brand is good some of the cheap ones go dusty quickler ,

• 3 years later...

I've actually been using cat litter instead of sand in my lofts for quite some time now. During most of the year, I tend to use Easy Bed or wood chip, but I noticed that they can get a bit smelly and damp during the winter if left for too long. That's when I switch to cat litter, and let me tell you, it works wonders! It does a great job of drying out the droppings and keeping the loft fresh. Give it a shot, and you might just be pleasantly surprised by the results!