Is This Possible To Do?

paul1

Long story short i have adopted a year bird that the owner did not want after it got lost in a race, at the minute it is in a aviary with a large rabbit hutch for accomadation. My aim is to get it a mate and eventually let them fly out, i am not planning on racing them. So is this feasible if it is what is the best way to go about it. any help appreachiated.

Hi Paul, best bet is to mate it and when they are sitting their second round of young birds, let them out one at a time. They should not desert their mate or their young birds.

Alternatively, wait until their young birds are flying out and try them then. At least you will have the young birds.

Hi Paul, best bet is to mate it and when they are sitting their second round of young birds, let them out one at a time. They should not desert their mate or their young birds.

Alternatively, wait until their young birds are flying out and try them then. At least you will have the young birds.

thanks mate, so it might not be as easy as i first thought,i guess the first thing is to find out if its a cock or hen i have.

thanks mate, so it might not be as easy as i first thought,i guess the first thing is to find out if its a cock or hen i have.

If you only have the one it could be more difficult than if you had others flying out. The method I've outlined would ensure you had pigeons flying out when you tried to home it. The main thing is to ensure it is happy where it is living. If it has a mate and has raised young birds, that goes a long way to providing that happiness. :)

• 2 months later...

Long story short i have adopted a year bird that the owner did not want after it got lost in a race, at the minute it is in a aviary with a large rabbit hutch for accomadation. My aim is to get it a mate and eventually let them fly out, i am not planning on racing them. So is this feasible if it is what is the best way to go about it. any help appreachiated.

Let it have big youngsters and driving the hen again let him in front out so he can see the hen . Wet him down and allow him to walk in the loft for 4 or 5 days

Then have him out on a dull day but keep the hen in with the big youngsters