Birds Slaughtered Today

REDROCKET

Unfortunately watching the racers go over and through Hartlepool power station today wasn’t as enjoyable as a few weeks ago watched for an hr between 12 and 1pm 9 young racers taken by 3 maybe 4 falcons they were taking one at a time at their Lea sure teaching the babies how to do it I think one was just north of the site directing them towards the site for the other 3 it also looked like the one catching the pigeons was mature as the other 2 were acting excited trying to get dinner from the catcher this might have went on all afternoon as the pigeons were still travelling through at 5 pm what a unlucky line of flight these birds have heading in the Middlesbrough direction.

Unfortunately watching the racers go over and through Hartlepool power station today wasn’t as enjoyable as a few weeks ago watched for an hr between 12 and 1pm 9 young racers taken by 3 maybe 4 falcons they were taking one at a time at their Lea sure teaching the babies how to do it I think one was just north of the site directing them towards the site for the other 3 it also looked like the one catching the pigeons was mature as the other 2 were acting excited trying to get dinner from the catcher this might have went on all afternoon as the pigeons were still travelling through at 5 pm what a unlucky line of flight these birds have heading in the Middlesbrough direction.

This is what people don't see so don't believe .this is happening every few miles up the road .total carnage

Yes and any races from over the water or right down south have four sites I know of that have falcons sizewell , Hartlepool , Torrness and Dunbar cement works the further north the more tired the birds are more than 300 mile on the wing and burnt out when they get to Dunbar imo.

Yes and any races from over the water or right down south have four sites I know of that have falcons sizewell , Hartlepool , Torrness and Dunbar cement works the further north the more tired the birds are more than 300 mile on the wing and burnt out when they get to Dunbar imo.

The ones at Torness and cement works will get dinner the mora 😜😜😜

Unless there is a change in the law regarding the protection of BOP it will never get better, the problem is multiplying by the year as there is no halt to the increase in population of raptors or a cull, the BOPs all have their place but with no control on numbers and continous breeding programmes and reintroductions of all sorts of raptors our hobby/sport will be in decline every year like it has been for years now, and also your small garden birds ect will almost all decline as it is now

The answer is plain to see but getting the change is difficult to get i think

John

I’ve been reading a few other posts on the site tonight about changing programs ect and racing 2 YB teams ect I think the first thing we have to consider for the sake of our birds is race points I know most people disagree on west / east ect and someone mentioned Berwick as a race point that’s a big no for me that would mean 15 mile up the road is obstacle one torness power station another 2 mile Dunbar cement works then about 20 miles up the flight path is the 3 bridges each of these 3 places has a falcon nest site and that’s not to mention any that might be nesting in the cliff edge at the sea front. What I saw yesterday was horrendous

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've been reading the BOP threads and can see that there are some very strong opinions. I would love to include these in my dissertation. So far, most of the responses to my questionnaire I've received have been supporting birds of prey, and I think it would be really interesting and useful to gain some negative opinions of BOP. If you could spare a few minutes of your time to fill in my questionnaire (on public perceptions of BOP) I would be extremely grateful. All responses are completely anonymous. Here is the link: https://ntusurvey.on...k/pagfrpug6h-11

Kindest regards,

Amy.

It seems odd that any one doing a survey would deliberately ask for negative opinions rather than just opinions. Fishing for negative views

that could be collated and used in articles to cast bad light on the fancy could result from this. I smell a rat about this,

It seems odd that any one doing a survey would deliberately ask for negative opinions rather than just opinions. Fishing for negative views

that could be collated and used in articles to cast bad light on the fancy could result from this. I smell a rat about this,

I'm only "fishing" for negative opinions because I have 1400 responses, of which ~95% are positive. I want to have something to talk about in my dissertation.

I understand that. Perhaps, this one may be different. We can only live in hope. I would hope that the person comes back on and gives a reply to Greenlands post regarding man-made un-natural nesting sites.

Where is this?

• 2 months later...

I'm only "fishing" for negative opinions because I have 1400 responses, of which ~95% are positive. I want to have something to talk about in my dissertation.

Hi Amy,

To avoid researcher bias you have to seek generic opinions on BOP and racing pigeons.

Regards,

Jonnyboy1

Where is this?

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders