Wing Stamps

tyson

So what is the situation if a club secretary is a member of the SNFC and is competing in the YB national?

Trust has to start somewhere Davie.

We could rule the sport out of the game if we tried to cover every aspect. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Thanks M8 appreciated

The SHU rules have nothing to do with the SNFC! The SNFC have their own rules which would have to be adhered to if you wish to race in the club. The only thing the SHU has any connection with is the appeal procedure (for what that is worth anyway)

andy the snfc rule contradicts the shu rule so you can send with tel numbers on very simple

wrong ;)

'... Members are reminded that YB's should not be marked with personal details of fancier in accordance with SNFC Rule 22 - Club or Federation details are acceptable but birds with personal identification will not be allowed to compete...'.

So 'Cook slowly over gas' should be stamped :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

The SHU rules have nothing to do with the SNFC! The SNFC have their own rules which would have to be adhered to if you wish to race in the club. The only thing the SHU has any connection with is the appeal procedure (for what that is worth anyway)

Is the SNFC not an affiliated SHU Club? Was there not a massive stushie regarding the demand for all SNFC Members having to be SHU Members?

Sorry naedoos, you cannot have your cake and eat it.

If the SNFC is an affiliated SHU Club, it MUST adhere to SHU rules. If it is not an affiliated SHU Club, it is not entitled to the benefits of SHU membership, including the appeals procedure.

Whenever a governing body changes their rules, the affiliated members of that Governing Body must ensure their local rules comply. This process does not require the blessing of its members, it is simply incumbent upon these affiliated bodies to alter their local rules to keep themselves within the bounds of the Governing Body. If you don't like the SHU rules, join the RPRA, NWHU, NEHU, etc and follow their rules or just become a renegade society to allow yourself to play your own game. :)

Is the SNFC not an affiliated SHU Club? Was there not a massive stushie regarding the demand for all SNFC Members having to be SHU Members?

Sorry naedoos, you cannot have your cake and eat it.

If the SNFC is an affiliated SHU Club, it MUST adhere to SHU rules. If it is not an affiliated SHU Club, it is not entitled to the benefits of SHU membership, including the appeals procedure.

Whenever a governing body changes their rules, the affiliated members of that Governing Body must ensure their local rules comply. This process does not require the blessing of its members, it is simply incumbent upon these affiliated bodies to alter their local rules to keep themselves within the bounds of the Governing Body. If you don't like the SHU rules, join the RPRA, NWHU, NEHU, etc and follow their rules or just become a renegade society to allow yourself to play your own game. :)

Dinnae talk a lot o sheite!! Yes it is a SNFC rule that you must be an SHU member, not the other way around !!

The SNFC was formed in 1894 so had it's own rules well in place before the SHU came along in 1907, and when the SHU was formed it's sole reason was to verify the rings of show birds which maybe they should revert back to as they seem to be pretty sh!t at understanding and enforcing their own rules!

Go on to their site .

STRAY REPORTING

It is not unusual for racing pigeons to come down for a rest, especially during training or racing.

If you wish to do so please provide food, bird seed or uncooked rice or lentils are all suitable – please ensure water is available in a deep dish, please DO NOT feed racing pigeons bread!

Once the racing pigeon has had food and water (a bit like a “pit stopâ€) it will probably decide to continue its journey home – indeed if you remove the food and water after a maximum of 48 hours this should encourage it to complete the final leg of its journey home.

If after a few days (or if the pigeon is obviously injured or showing signs of distress) it may be necessary to contain the bird in such a way as not to injure it – so that it cannot fly away (ie cardboard box). In the first instance you will need to check that the pigeon has a ring on its leg. If the pigeon does not have a ring on its leg, it is more likely a wild or feral pigeon rather than a racing pigeon.

Should you find a stray racing pigeon and open its wing, you may find, stamped on one or more feathers, the name and address and/or telephone number of the owner. Alternatively the name and address of the owner may be found on another ring on the pigeon’s leg.

If this is not the case then please follow the instructions below.

PLEASE USE THE STRAY REPORTING SYSTEM ONCE YOU HAVE TRIED THE STEPS LISTED ABOVE.

GB rung pigeons please visit the Royal Pigeon Racing Association web site www.rpra.org or telephone: 01452 713529

SU rung pigeons please visit the Scottish Homing Union web site www.shuonline.co.uk or telephone 01698 768939

Thank You

ame='Kyleakin Lofts' date='28 August 2019 - 14:31 PM' timestamp='1566999089' post='1208977']

Dinnae talk a lot o sheite!! Yes it is a SNFC rule that you must be an SHU member, not the other way around !!

The SNFC was formed in 1894 so had it's own rules well in place before the SHU came along in 1907, and when the SHU was formed it's sole reason was to verify the rings of show birds which maybe they should revert back to as they seem to be pretty sh!t at understanding and enforcing their own rules!

No sh 1 te here.

If the SNFC wishes to remain an affiliated SHU Club, it MUST adhere to SHU rules. The formation of each entity is of no matter in this. The SHU is the Governing Body and is therefore the foremost authority.

Your opinions regarding the effectiveness of the SHU may be shared by others and you are perfectly entitled to them, however, your views are of no matter either, since the rule has been made and you have given it your consent because of your own apathy.

There are a regular few Delegates who attend SHU Council to manage its concerns and this they so do to the best of their ability. On the day of the AGM they are joined by a stalwart three or four members to decide the furtherance of the SHU. This is the meeting where rules are considered and passed.

Put your name forward as a Delegate to the SHU on behalf of your Federation. If elected, come along to the meetings and take part by expressing your members' views and as a Council Member fulfil your duty of care towards the SHU. Fresh voices and views are the requirements for a healthy organisation. They breathe life into an organisation and stimulate the incumbent members to refresh their efforts.

Be positive rather than negative and stop the sniping on social media. Use your voice and vote in the correct place and at the correct time. :)

Listen.... if the SNFC wanted to end it's affiliation with the SHU and be affiliated to any other union there is nothing the SHU or anyone else could do about it so how does that give the SHU " the foremost authority"? The SNFC have their own rules!

No apathy here, just the truth!

Wouldn't waste any more of my or anyone else's time having anything to do with SHU, in fact if I didn't have to be a member then I wouldn't.

I have had a couple of dealings with them on which not just myself but almost everyone else I have spoke to regarding these matters thought everything should have been straight forward but alas the SHU in their wisdom decided to ignore their own rules after supposedly guiding me on what I should do so no it's not "sniping" or "negative" only the truth

Listen.... if the SNFC wanted to end it's affiliation with the SHU and be affiliated to any other union there is nothing the SHU or anyone else could do about it so how does that give the SHU " the foremost authority"? The SNFC have their own rules!

No apathy here, just the truth!

Wouldn't waste any more of my or anyone else's time having anything to do with SHU, in fact if I didn't have to be a member then I wouldn't.

I have had a couple of dealings with them on which not just myself but almost everyone else I have spoke to regarding these matters thought everything should have been straight forward but alas the SHU in their wisdom decided to ignore their own rules after supposedly guiding me on what I should do so no it's not "sniping" or "negative" only the truth

I fully accept that the affiliations made by the SNFC are purely the concern of SNFC members and that the SHU has no means, nor desire to prevent this. I shall return to the highlighted part of your first paragraph. The apathy is rife throughout the whole sport from club through Federation to SHU. There is a distinct lack of attendance and a failure in many cases to conduct meetings in a proper manner. Many drop to the level of a rabble with conversations taking place throughout the hall, but not through the chair and not stated clearly in many cases. I am saddened to hear of your low opinion of the SHU and its processes, but not surprised. I retain doubts myself, however, I am vocal in this regard when attending Council. Perhaps your time would not be wasted if you applied it correctly. I do not know you, so you may just be a "blow", but so far you appear to have made salient points in a proper manner which makes me think you could be a breath of fresh air and just what is required.

Returning to the highlighted text. The sport has given the SHU the foremost authority by accepting it as its Governing Body. The SNFC is entitled to have its own rules, however, they are not allowed to contravene the rules of the SHU and any changes must be approved and ratified by the SHU or else they are worthless when it comes to the previously mentioned appeal situation. :)

Not meaning to be cheeky but going by the disagremants on here regarding rules in the snfc and Shu our sport is bad anough without different rules thank *expletive removed* I'm finished at end of year but wish everyone all the best in the future as things won't change that's for sure and at least you can have an argument and a laugh all the best yours in sport

And for the amount of losses at least young birds I'm racing have personal wing stamp information and telephone no rings on them if that is not allowed by the snfc then it's time it was *expletive removed*... changed in my oppinion as at least I'm trying to get lost birds back weather it works or not same rule should apply to all IMO

And for the amount of losses at least young birds I'm racing have personal wing stamp information and telephone no rings on them if that is not allowed by the snfc then it's time it was *expletive removed*... changed in my oppinion as at least I'm trying to get lost birds back weather it works or not same rule should apply to all IMO

We have had phone number stickers on ETS rings for years and to be honest did next to nothing regarding the return of birds. The majority either return through the stray centre or are reported through the SHU. The SNFC will not change the ruling as it is in place for security reasons same as rubbers on ETS birds.

I fully accept that the affiliations made by the SNFC are purely the concern of SNFC members and that the SHU has no means, nor desire to prevent this. I shall return to the highlighted part of your first paragraph. The apathy is rife throughout the whole sport from club through Federation to SHU. There is a distinct lack of attendance and a failure in many cases to conduct meetings in a proper manner. Many drop to the level of a rabble with conversations taking place throughout the hall, but not through the chair and not stated clearly in many cases. I am saddened to hear of your low opinion of the SHU and its processes, but not surprised. I retain doubts myself, however, I am vocal in this regard when attending Council. Perhaps your time would not be wasted if you applied it correctly. I do not know you, so you may just be a "blow", but so far you appear to have made salient points in a proper manner which makes me think you could be a breath of fresh air and just what is required.

Returning to the highlighted text. The sport has given the SHU the foremost authority by accepting it as its Governing Body. The SNFC is entitled to have its own rules, however, they are not allowed to contravene the rules of the SHU and any changes must be approved and ratified by the SHU or else they are worthless when it comes to the previously mentioned appeal situation. :)

The SNFC is NOT governed by the SHU