Final Draft W.r.c Proposal 2020

Paul Mac 31

After taking onboard all views,opinions and Feedback from across the West Region, We have put together our final Draft, which will be proposed to the LRPF. We have tried to help and accommodate as many fanciers issues or fears all in a bid to provide the best possible organisation, program and hopefully future racing into the West Region

Presenting the , West Region Combine ( W.R.C)

Pending the Vote of the LRPF members In 2020 AGM.

The WRC is Open to all lofts Currently situated in the boundaries of West Region of either SNFC or SNRPC, boundaries that have been in place for numerous years now.

The WRC will consist of

3 inland old bird races & 1 Young bird race

The WRC will be transported by LRPF, unless over 8000 Birds where alternative Geraldy transporter will be added.

In essence the WRC will run exactly like the Lanarkshire Social Circle has done so successfully for Decades.

Marking for the WRC

The birds will be marked in their local Clubs as standard, like any other Federation Race. The plan being for Ayrshire & Glasgow members to also mark at their clubs and ship the birds to Uddingston Flying Club, where they will be loaded onto the LRPF Transporter.

Thus giving us a convoy of the WRC

Any Non member of these Federations is welcome to mark at the nearest possible club within their Section of the WRC

( Non Federation members will be placed in the closest section to their loft location)

The WRC will race under SHU rules

( those who are not SHU members can simply apply, as most now carry dual membership)

If all Federations Get on board

The WRC will consist of 3 sections

Lanarkshire Glasgow and Ayrshire

All which have existing boundaries

The WRC Open result will consist of the fastest 50 birds from each Section

Thus giving a fair display across the Combine.

Each Section having the same prize money for the 1,2,3 places

1st £250

2nd £150

3rd £100

A £5 NOM will be in place across the Combines Open result

No limit on the amount of birds that can be NOMINATED.

( 75% will go to the winners of the First NOM bird )

( 25% will be retained by the Club to help with running costs)

A £10 Loft pool will also be available for those wishing to enter.

Again paid out in a 75% -25%

We would encourage that the competing Federations also have their own Open race on these days, as they have done in the past, thus providing alternative pools for their members.

Presentation Night ( free of charge)

The Seasons 4 race Winners

- 6 major Trophies that will be the future Historical Refs for the club

The 4 WRC Races winners

1 WRC Champion Loft Cup

1 WRC Ace Bird Award

12 Section winners - Medals

WRC ACE Birds Awards

worked on points system, a Top 10 will be tallied

( each Section 50 points for 1st, 1 point for 50th etc)

Highest points Birds wins, and so on. 1-10 listed

Depending on running costs the ACE bird will the most prestigious prize, receiving in the regions of £1000.

Insuring the Multi Performance birds get true accolades.

An Annual sale will be held from the best of Britain and Europe to raise funds. Sponsorship will also be raised from various Feed companies and local businesses and Businessmen who will sponsor each individual race.

Facebook Live,,

Gone are the days of £1.50 to call a lib line, The WRC Facebook page will run live on Race Days , with members only pass ,allowing fanciers the option to record their first birds times as the race unfolds.

The Facebook Page will also deliver winning Results, reports,,updates,,lost birds etc.

Costs -£0,,, Only effort and time needed.

So What are We creating?

A footprint for the future of inland racing into the west of Scotland, with the flexibility to insure our birds have the best available care, transport and chance of performing at the highest possible level, be that in the WSC races or as prep for future Channel Races.

Our Goal is simple to deliver Quality Inland Racing with superb Competition, with all the convoy heading to the The same Area, Racing in an Open result your own environment,, with safety in numbers, also insuring the sport for generations to enjoy as our predecessors have before us.

Our 2020 LRPF Race Program Proposal

Incorporating the 4 WRC races

( remember distance you fly isn’t always what everyone flys,,etc)

Proposed LRPF 2020 program

18th April - Kelso 64 miles

25th April - hexham 97 miles

2nd May - Tow law 117 miles

9th May - Ripon 157 miles

16th May - Wetherby 170 miles

23rd May - WRC Worksop 210 - 240 miles

30th May - Tow law 117 miles

6th June - Ripon 157miles

13th June - WRC Peterborough 260- 290 miles

20th June - Kelso 64 miles

27th June - WRC Billericay 340- 370 miles

4th July - Kelso 64 miles

11th July - Ypres 450 miles

( Feds would vote to go with SNFC or their own as previous, WRC has no interest in Channel Racing, it’s sole purpose is to deliver quality inland racing and competition to the West Section)

Young Bird 2020

1st August Kelso - 64 miles

8th August Kelso - 64 miles

15th August Hexham - 97 miles

22nd August Tow law -117 miles

29th August Ripon - 157 miles

5th September Wetherby - W.S.C. 170mile - 190 miles

( the above dates are not set in stone as of yet, but will not differ much if any)

In 2020 any start up , running costs and prize money of the WRC will be funded by Macaloney Pigeons.

Their after everything going to plan the organisation should be self Funding, running as close to non profit as possible, covering overheads, giving everything back to its members, also insuring Great inland Racing for years to come.

We urge all LRPF members who are Pro the WRC to attend their AGM and Cast their vote, this is a vital moment for the future of pigeon racing in the West of Scotland, hope to see yous all there.

Any questions, I will be attending most clubs prior to the meeting, can be answered then

Yours in sport

Paul Macaloney.

• 3 months later...

Its dead in buried not happening

Wrc invited Glasgow and Ayrshire to compete in a few races...also gaining them access to the Lanarkshire transporter.......wrc states under shu rules.

Glasgow fed voted to stay rpra therefore no wrc

Lol, ye know that’s not the full story. I think you like the grief factor in the doo game lol. The WRC was going ahead before any proposals of joining the SHU were put into the Glasgow fed. Glasgow was invited to convoy with the WRC but only SHU members could compete. Don’t interpret that differently now as nothing has actually changed. The only thing we have not got now is the backing and sponsorship of the Macaloney family, which is a real shame.The WRC can still go ahead if someone is willing to run it, imo.

Lol, ye know that’s not the full story. I think you like the grief factor in the doo game lol. The WRC was going ahead before any proposals of joining the SHU were put into the Glasgow fed. Glasgow was invited to convoy with the WRC but only SHU members could compete. Don’t interpret that differently now as nothing has actually changed. The only thing we have not got now is the backing and sponsorship of the Macaloney family, which is a real shame.The WRC can still go ahead if someone is willing to run it, imo.

As the person who wrote the proposal it always stated THE WRC will race under SHU Rules

Those who are not can simply apply ( I.e you can’t race other wise)

That movement their forces all the federations together under the same set of racing rules, or what I call common sense.

Glasgow members where made aware of that even up till Friday evening.

The WRC was solely about getting everyone together , competing together, not part of a Fed and definitely not more non competing members in the convoy in my eyes making the race a mockery and killing a prestige.

To break it down for everyone, we simply were trying to lay a new carpet, free of charge, everyone welcome, all you have to do is take your shoes off, and be the same as everyone else, over 50% of Glasgow refused to do that, and voted to be different from the rest.

That instantly causes divide, which my vision of the WRC is the exact opposite of that, where we are all singing off the same song sheet.

So due to unwilling to change and bitterness of a few, who for decades now have been a strong hold in the divide of the west Region into 2 Governing bodies, we have stepped down our support and leave it to the fancy to do what they please with the situation.

I’m extremely proud that we got Lanarkshire to open up to convoy surrounding Federations in the future if and when is right, and we thank all the forward thinking members for they votes.

We will I turn sponsor a LRPF Open race in the 2020 season as our contribution to the sport in our local area.

We will no longer discuss the WRC as it’s no longer our agenda , we wish all the fanciers the best in what they decide for 2020 and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

Paul Macaloney

Your some stuff

Mr Grief himself

As the person who wrote the proposal it always stated THE WRC will race under SHU Rules

Those who are not can simply apply ( I.e you can’t race other wise)

That movement their forces all the federations together under the same set of racing rules, or what I call common sense.

Glasgow members where made aware of that even up till Friday evening.

The WRC was solely about getting everyone together , competing together, not part of a Fed and definitely not more non competing members in the convoy in my eyes making the race a mockery and killing a prestige.

To break it down for everyone, we simply were trying to lay a new carpet, free of charge, everyone welcome, all you have to do is take your shoes off, and be the same as everyone else, over 50% of Glasgow refused to do that, and voted to be different from the rest.

That instantly causes divide, which my vision of the WRC is the exact opposite of that, where we are all singing off the same song sheet.

So due to unwilling to change and bitterness of a few, who for decades now have been a strong hold in the divide of the west Region into 2 Governing bodies, we have stepped down our support and leave it to the fancy to do what they please with the situation.

I’m extremely proud that we got Lanarkshire to open up to convoy surrounding Federations in the future if and when is right, and we thank all the forward thinking members for they votes.

We will I turn sponsor a LRPF Open race in the 2020 season as our contribution to the sport in our local area.

We will no longer discuss the WRC as it’s no longer our agenda , we wish all the fanciers the best in what they decide for 2020 and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

Paul Macaloney

The WRC wasn’t mentioned at our Agm m8, the race programme meeting was delayed to February to see what other feds were doing. It was a shock that the vote went against the Shu but I didn’t think that mattered to the Shu members willing to enter the WRC. I was equally shocked with that. Anyway, have a good Xmas and fk the politics.

• 2 months later...