Pigeonbasics Forum: Returned Young Bird - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Returned Young Bird No Ets Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Buff Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,388
  • Joined: 18-February 14
  • LocationForth

Posted 16 August 2019 - 20:04 PM

Young blue cock returns no ets thank you anyway for letting him return home , if you require anymore ets rings just message me I can send you some 🤬🤬

#2 User is offline   Adee1888 Icon

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 383
  • Joined: 29-March 18
  • Club:Dunfermline

Posted 16 August 2019 - 20:18 PM

What’s it coming to desperate or what

#3 User is offline   TheHigg Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 3,105
  • Joined: 15-August 09
  • Locationlanarkshire
  • Club:dalzell

Posted 16 August 2019 - 20:18 PM

Some desperados out there mate at least you got the doo back maybe the cvnt hasn't got £1.45 to ring one of his own
If at first you dont succeed, pull yer f*reskin er yer heed!

#4 User is offline   eastcoaster Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 3,416
  • Joined: 20-June 06
  • LocationGreengairs
  • Club:Airdrie

Posted 16 August 2019 - 20:26 PM

View PostBuff, on 16 August 2019 - 21:04 PM, said:

Young blue cock returns no ets thank you anyway for letting him return home , if you require anymore ets rings just message me I can send you some ������������

I can beat that lol,
Got a yearling hen back yesterday lost at Kelso early season with a ets ring on, I don't have ets .
Will sell you ring for a £1 lol

This post has been edited by eastcoaster: 16 August 2019 - 20:28 PM


#5 User is offline   Adee1888 Icon

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 383
  • Joined: 29-March 18
  • Club:Dunfermline

Posted 16 August 2019 - 21:02 PM

No wonder the sport is goosed

#6 User is offline   Dave barrie Icon

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 430
  • Joined: 28-May 15

Posted 16 August 2019 - 21:48 PM

View PostAdee1888, on 16 August 2019 - 21:02 PM, said:

No wonder the sport is goosed

i met you at pitrevie,your a good lad,its nae the odd *expletive removed* that swipes a ring , its the rspb with there protection o the predators thats killin the hobby, the funny racin and the horendous losses isna down tae weather, if it was birds would be turnin up next day or after but they arnt or not being reported,imo its percy, over populated and they are trainin young now and doo.s are being scattered, by coast some will go to water and never seen again, some inland either hiding or hittin wires, blind panic and into forest hitting branches etc,weve had birds home with twigs in chest,some with shot in crop, shootin parties are on every estate at this time of year, durris on our line o flight is one, this season so far from a 60 miler we have had doo,s reported in stirling, one at cowie frightened to leave loft, another at cove wouldnt leave but the lad tossed at bucksburn and i got it, no in my opinion its predation simple for the losses, not weather, twice a day the local perri comes over and the doo,s are away like a gunshot and that is in the toon, whats it like for them on the open road, that is what i think, you lot make yir own mind up, replies are welcome.

#7 User is offline   Doosstcombs Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 824
  • Joined: 27-April 17
  • LocationSt combs Fraserburgh
  • Club:Fraserburgh and district

Posted 16 August 2019 - 21:50 PM

I had that, got 1 young bird lost his ets ring so annoying

#8 User is offline   buster151 Icon

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,323
  • Joined: 22-August 11
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:44 AM

Not all ets ring losses are down to thieves, they do get trapped and come off sometimes

#9 User is online   Mossgiel Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 690
  • Joined: 9-September 12

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostDave barrie, on 16 August 2019 - 21:48 PM, said:

i met you at pitrevie,your a good lad,its nae the odd *expletive removed* that swipes a ring , its the rspb with there protection o the predators thats killin the hobby, the funny racin and the horendous losses isna down tae weather, if it was birds would be turnin up next day or after but they arnt or not being reported,imo its percy, over populated and they are trainin young now and doo.s are being scattered, by coast some will go to water and never seen again, some inland either hiding or hittin wires, blind panic and into forest hitting branches etc,weve had birds home with twigs in chest,some with shot in crop, shootin parties are on every estate at this time of year, durris on our line o flight is one, this season so far from a 60 miler we have had doo,s reported in stirling, one at cowie frightened to leave loft, another at cove wouldnt leave but the lad tossed at bucksburn and i got it, no in my opinion its predation simple for the losses, not weather, twice a day the local perri comes over and the doo,s are away like a gunshot and that is in the toon, whats it like for them on the open road, that is what i think, you lot make yir own mind up, replies are welcome.


Totally agree, vast majority of losses down to falcon attacks.

#10 User is offline   Buff Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,388
  • Joined: 18-February 14
  • LocationForth

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:10 AM

View Posteastcoaster, on 16 August 2019 - 20:26 PM, said:

I can beat that lol,
Got a yearling hen back yesterday lost at Kelso early season with a ets ring on, I don't have ets .
Will sell you ring for a £1 lol

Pmsl unbelievable Colin

#11 User is offline   duncow Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 703
  • Joined: 15-August 13
  • LocationCowie
  • Club:airth

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Posteastcoaster, on 16 August 2019 - 20:26 PM, said:

I can beat that lol,
Got a yearling hen back yesterday lost at Kelso early season with a ets ring on, I don't have ets .
Will sell you ring for a £1 lol

I'll give you 95p lol

#12 User is offline   Adee1888 Icon

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 383
  • Joined: 29-March 18
  • Club:Dunfermline

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

Raced Thursday from Alnwick 64 away 12 home on the day got 6 yesterday 1 reported in blyth 1 dead in Alnwick crushed on the road had enuf of this and never any answers

#13 User is offline   dunc50 Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,991
  • Joined: 2-May 15
  • Locationkhill

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

Had 3 old birds back this year with ets rings removed, rats, they need to make them that once they have been registered to a bird it cannot be re registered

#14 User is offline   walterboswell59 Icon

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,783
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 17 August 2019 - 14:00 PM

View Postdunc50, on 17 August 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Had 3 old birds back this year with ets rings removed, rats, they need to make them that once they have been registered to a bird it cannot be re registered

should be able to register them to the fanciers loft no and only re register with a transfer form

#15 User is offline   scrapman Icon

  • Hatchling
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 14-January 16
  • Locationdunfermline

Posted 17 August 2019 - 23:53 PM

reported over twenty strays this year had 1 collected,must have had every excuse possible can you keep it a few days and let it go/could you dispose of it for me being the most popular,and you"s wonder why they dont get reported??have a look at lost racing pigeons on facebook dozens of them found everyday most sent to rehoming centres cause the owners can not or will not collect them,yet they come on here and constantly moan about losses and birds not getting reported!!! i will not be reporting another wont even let them in my loft now

#16 User is online   Joe tyre Icon

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 299
  • Joined: 28-April 19
  • LocationBlantyre

Posted 18 August 2019 - 00:07 AM

View Postscrapman, on 17 August 2019 - 23:53 PM, said:

reported over twenty strays this year had 1 collected,must have had every excuse possible can you keep it a few days and let it go/could you dispose of it for me being the most popular,and you"s wonder why they dont get reported??have a look at lost racing pigeons on facebook dozens of them found everyday most sent to rehoming centres cause the owners can not or will not collect them,yet they come on here and constantly moan about losses and birds not getting reported!!! i will not be reporting another wont even let them in my loft now

If fanciers report them then they should have the decency to collect or at least say to toss them when they are fit anough to be released but as wee all no it's down to how far they are away as the costs are expensive to get by courier but that's another excuse lol your a good man for reporting them but if they have a wing stamp or Tele no it's still worth phoning but that's just me as there is good fanciers that like you will want them back and try there best to get them but others don't give a f---

#17 User is offline   Henrik Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,808
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationPrestonpans, East Lothian
  • Club:Prestonpans HS

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:30 AM

View Posteastcoaster, on 16 August 2019 - 21:26 PM, said:

I can beat that lol,
Got a yearling hen back yesterday lost at Kelso early season with a ets ring on, I don't have ets .
Will sell you ring for a £1 lol

I picked one up earlier in the year injured Colin, was from down London area, phoned the guy ans agreed to look after her till she healed, sent don on the transporter to Billericay and she made it home. She had an ETS on but the guys dont use ETS either and she had gone missing from a 20ml toss pre season

#18 User is offline   Happyflyer Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 218
  • Joined: 5-September 17
  • Club:Lanarkshie

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

Terrible, taking ETS rings from birds..shocking as someone stated above, should be registered to the one bird and need transfer to use on any other, hard up people about ..

#19 User is offline   jake12 Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 524
  • Joined: 19-March 12
  • Locationcentral scotland
  • Club:scottish national flying club

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostHenrik, on 18 August 2019 - 07:30 AM, said:

I picked one up earlier in the year injured Colin, was from down London area, phoned the guy ans agreed to look after her till she healed, sent don on the transporter to Billericay and she made it home. She had an ETS on but the guys dont use ETS either and she had gone missing from a 20ml toss pre season


#20 User is offline   jake12 Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 524
  • Joined: 19-March 12
  • Locationcentral scotland
  • Club:scottish national flying club

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

With Unikon ETS rings you can find out who it`s registered to by asking a club sec to try and register it. (It shows the loft No of the fancier it was registered before, and that has to be deleted before it can be registered to anyone else.) :emoticon-0167-beer:

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders