Feel Like Packing

Mattydoos79

This makes me so angry that I get different advice on keeping pigeons, don’t do that way and another fancier says don’t that way, I feel like packing it in. This pigeon racing game is getting too greedy with some fanciers having lots of doos and showing off while mine is bare with 18 young to race with, all I need is help along the way, all I had when I started 3 years ago was 10 pigeons and left to my own devices to learn and so far I have made mistakes and you learn from it but to get my head snapped off I don’t like that, I am slow to pick things up I admit. So from now on I’m doing it my way I’m not listening to crap advice.

So next year is my target to improve myself and my doos, if success does not come my way within the next 2 years I will sell off everything. It’s such a shame that I see some fanciers leaving and I can see why.

There’s good guys at my club yes and I’m hoping to get my new loft soon, it’s just I feel down as mostly my scores are crap, must be the way I’m feeding or tossing etc etc, lost 3 young only 10 miles from my home that is plain silly how they manage to get lost from there.

You need to stop listening to people. There are many correct and different ways of doing things, but you doing a bit of this and a bit of that won't necessarily translate into a good system. Keep it simple, clean loft, clean water, good corn and you won't go far wrong mate. Focus on getting them home, don't worry about what others are doing. I have a club mate who will send over 200 pigeons tonight, so your not alone in sending against big teams mate.

But your attitude is all wrong. You can't get angry at people for offering you advice, you need to learn to listen to everyone, but disregard most of it. People aren't leaving the sport because they get upset and angry about advice, it's because of the bloody raptor issue. Take your head out your ass, go back to basics and keep it simple. Routine is critical and don't change things just because you aren't at the top of the result sheet.

You need to stop listening to people. There are many correct and different ways of doing things, but you doing a bit of this and a bit of that won't necessarily translate into a good system. Keep it simple, clean loft, clean water, good corn and you won't go far wrong mate. Focus on getting them home, don't worry about what others are doing. I have a club mate who will send over 200 pigeons tonight, so your not alone in sending against big teams mate.

But your attitude is all wrong. You can't get angry at people for offering you advice, you need to learn to listen to everyone, but disregard most of it. People aren't leaving the sport because they get upset and angry about advice, it's because of the bloody raptor issue. Take your head out your ass, go back to basics and keep it simple. Routine is critical and don't change things just because you aren't at the top of the result sheet.

I keep them clean and fed but what’s with all this healthy things you put in their water that’s on the market, the raptor issue I understand I had sparrowhawk attack mine some days.

This makes me so angry that I get different advice on keeping pigeons, don’t do that way and another fancier says don’t that way, I feel like packing it in. This pigeon racing game is getting too greedy with some fanciers having lots of doos and showing off while mine is bare with 18 young to race with, all I need is help along the way, all I had when I started 3 years ago was 10 pigeons and left to my own devices to learn and so far I have made mistakes and you learn from it but to get my head snapped off I don’t like that, I am slow to pick things up I admit. So from now on I’m doing it my way I’m not listening to crap advice.

So next year is my target to improve myself and my doos, if success does not come my way within the next 2 years I will sell off everything. It’s such a shame that I see some fanciers leaving and I can see why.

Good advice given to you on this thread.

It takes years to learn the game and even then you have only started to learn. The above advice is gold. Listen to what you are told, discard what is not suitable to your lifestyle / aims, sort out a system then stick to it.

Most of all, just enjoy your pigeons. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Good advice given to you on this thread.

It takes years to learn the game and even then you have only started to learn. The above advice is gold. Listen to what you are told, discard what is not suitable to your lifestyle / aims, sort out a system then stick to it.

Most of all, just enjoy your pigeons. :)

:animatedpigeons:

Mathew. Since you started racing in our club, you have had loads of good honest advise.

You say you started with 10 birds and was left to it. Well, who fitted your ETS system to your old bird loft. Who erected your young bird loft using their own materials. Who made a trap for your young bird loft. Who gave you free perches, and fitted them. Who fitted the new trap to your young bird loft and installed the ETS system to it. Who modified your Sputnik to improve ETS clocking. Who gave you a free basket. Who fed your birds when you were on holiday on a few occasions.

I’m not looking for praise, but I feel you have painted a different picture in your post to the one that really is.

Yes, I’ve snapped your head off. Would you really like me to say why.

Mathew. Since you started racing in our club, you have had loads of good honest advise.

You say you started with 10 birds and was left to it. Well, who fitted your ETS system to your old bird loft. Who erected your young bird loft using their own materials. Who made a trap for your young bird loft. Who gave you free perches, and fitted them. Who fitted the new trap to your young bird loft and installed the ETS system to it. Who modified your Sputnik to improve ETS clocking. Who gave you a free basket. Who fed your birds when you were on holiday on a few occasions.

I’m not looking for praise, but I feel you have painted a different picture in your post to the one that really is.

It should be credit where credit is due. well done for helping him out with things mate. :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Sometimes fanciers expect to much you have to be your own boss and your birds it's you that they no and fly to you can only ask for advice by the sounds of it you've had that and help it's up to you if the birds are running through your blood if so you keep trying harder the pigeon game isn't easy in this day you have to accept the bad and losses etc wee face or chuck it it's up to the individual themselves but all the best of luck to all fanciers going through bad patches and hopefully things get better for our sport and ourselves

Right I appreciate what you did for me and helped me a hellva lot and I see you as a good friend and I apologise for my mistakes I did with my doos and yeah my head snapped off, I just feel thick and slow at this and hopeless and I accept if you are angry at me but if I put my hand to my heart and I really want to stick to keeping pigeons I have to listen.

Right I appreciate what you did for me and helped me a hellva lot and I see you as a good friend and I apologise for my mistakes I did with my doos and yeah my head snapped off, I just feel thick and slow at this and hopeless and I accept if you are angry at me but if I put my hand to my heart and I really want to stick to keeping pigeons I have to listen.

If I was these guys, ide never help you again....

Matthew you need to think about what you post sometimes as it dosent look good on your club mates and I know they are a good bunch who have helped you out. I'm near the bottom of the result sheet most weeks for the past 19 years, as like you am in a very strong club so When a good result comes along it makes it all worth while. Your racing against lads that have won nationals fed averages combines etc that have kept doos all their lives and are fantastic doomen. What I do is set realistic goals at start of season and try and achieve them.something to aim for. Not all about winning.

no one said pigeon racing was easy m8 you have to learn to take the knocks and get back up and get on with it learn from your mistakes its a hard place to race pigeons into with its own problems sounds as if you had a lot more help than i did when i started and keep your ears open and mouth shut and listen to the guys who are winning around you not the ones who think there winners the problem with pigeon men is everyone thinks they know best even the guys not long enough in the game to have a c p will tell how it should be done keep it simple good clean feeding clean water nothing in it just water but most important do not train youngsters that are not flying for at least an hour at home for 4 to 6 weeks or you will lose them they need that amount of time to get fit and learn where they live if they are not flying at home ask yourself why are they sick or are you letting old birds out with them that are pulling them down or are you letting very youngbirds out with them that are not strong enough on the wing to range and pull the team down all these things you have to learn and ajust by observation and if you dont know ask a good fancier no one can make you successful only point you in the right direction keep your chin up and enjoy your pigeons

Matthew these guys in the Brok have helped u no end but u have to do your part Colin has more or less done every thing for u and the other lads in both clubs stop moaning and listen and u will get on a lot better these lads are some of the most helpful fanciers u will ever meet and have nothing to prove at racing

Matthew you need to think about what you post sometimes as it dosent look good on your club mates and I know they are a good bunch who have helped you out. I'm near the bottom of the result sheet most weeks for the past 19 years, as like you am in a very strong club so When a good result comes along it makes it all worth while. Your racing against lads that have won nationals fed averages combines etc that have kept doos all their lives and are fantastic doomen. What I do is set realistic goals at start of season and try and achieve them.something to aim for. Not all about winning.

Absolutely Ryan ,i get great pleasure from my doos regardless holding up the others on result sheet in the club and i look at it this way check all clubs results more chances than not your beating some one in other clubs ,do not set your targets to high and enjoy your birds that home ,just to see them hitting the board gives me a lift ,love of keeping pigeons is not all about winning ,chin up Mathew

Matthew these guys in the Brok have helped u no end but u have to do your part Colin has more or less done every thing for u and the other lads in both clubs stop moaning and listen and u will get on a lot better these lads are some of the most helpful fanciers u will ever meet and have nothing to prove at racing

I agree and I’m apologising to them tonight

Best thing you can do is ask guys in your club, plenty good flyers up there who will keep you right

thing is Davy one thing that works for one person might not work for another. Chopping and changing from one thing to another isn't good Edited by STB

Rab what advise would you give him

same as you get help from one of the better flyers up there and give it a few seasons to try. Not chopping and changing ideas from different lads albeit there own systems might be great. Bit this bit that not the best