Racing Today

hotrod

It maybe down to the heat in the transportor/ baskets and they are dehydrated as that can causeasily disorientating

This could be part of the problem

The youngsters were basketed on the warmest night of the year,the temperature must have been horrendous.

But this is jmo

This could be part of the problem

The youngsters were basketed on the warmest night of the year,the temperature must have been horrendous.

But this is jmo

Mine would hardly fly around the loft yesterday ....beaks gaping wings open

There is still a lot of electricity in the air ,I think that was a factor in the returns.

Definitely the main factor accompanied by dehydration. I tossed from 12 miles this morning at 6am & the birds were in the basket for no more than an hour, all home within 20 mins but diving for the drinker when trapping, so you can only imagine being dubbed up all night in the extreme heat we’re experiencing. Young bird racing needs to change probably to start in Late May with short races combined with old birds. If you do what you’ve always done! You know the rest!

Mine would hardly fly around the loft yesterday ....beaks gaping wings open

Correct Steven

The weather was so hot the youngsters would be totally dehydrated .

Full cloud cover with this weather we have been having is deadly for pigeons mate.

This is my opinion

Heat index is high air quality poor? 100%

Although the heat is definitely a factor there also federations like Ayrshire which has had 2 disasters of races wer the heat was not the problem I don't think the losses are unreal in all parts of the UK short races and short tosses so there's more to it than wee no and to get the answer would solve all our problems if only eh

Although the heat is definitely a factor there also federations like Ayrshire which has had 2 disasters of races wer the heat was not the problem I don't think the losses are unreal in all parts of the UK short races and short tosses so there's more to it than wee no and to get the answer would solve all our problems if only eh

Ayrshire Federation had almost full returns from their first race while the second was a disaster.

Factor in our crazy race program first race to me 82 miles next race over 100 miles and I'm not the longest flyer .could not make AGM as I was working .or i would have spoke my mind .our Fed used to start at cockenzie 65 mile to me x2 races then Dunbar x2 82 mile their 5 th race was just over 100 miles now for some mental reason some idiots decide start at Dunbar 82 then go to Berwick over 100 second race also factor in the heat youngsters not taking a drink etc disaster waiting to happen .but hey ho the race controller will get the blame.probably.

its nothing to do with the race controller stuart its this bloody weather mate the heat is too much and thunder storms in places as well the birds are drinking a lot more water because the heat is that bad and 65 mls is plenty for ybs for there first race stuart after all they are just learning they are babys

Definitely the main factor accompanied by dehydration. I tossed from 12 miles this morning at 6am & the birds were in the basket for no more than an hour, all home within 20 mins but diving for the drinker when trapping, so you can only imagine being dubbed up all night in the extreme heat we’re experiencing. Young bird racing needs to change probably to start in Late May with short races combined with old birds. If you do what you’ve always done! You know the rest!

Andy you have hit the nail on the head

Young bird racing needs to change either start earlier or later as Percy teaching young to hunt at the moment combine that with youngsters circling race point not knowing what do , ends up in a disaster , it happens every year

How many times do fanciers need to be kicked in the nuts to realise things need to change

falcons falcons falcons and until its sorted it will stay that way

Correct Walter with only 800 odd birds getting liberated a family of 3/4 percys hitting them it's race over factor in the heat with birds scattered to the 4 winds just makes for a disaster there's nothing to stop those birds heading home in 3/4 batches into Glasgow and the race being won on the trap pigeons fly in a flock especially ybs it's the natural thing for them to do but unfortunately their getting split up umpteen times from short distances hence the shocking racing and returns at this time of year

Yes the heat is a problem ,but they flew in heat years ago and were not darkness youngbirds and under a lot of stress growing and moulting and yes they homed panting and dehydrated but we got them home. Nowadays the youngbirds dont seem to handle the stress the same as in the past and alot to do with this is training raceing with very high count of Canker ,lethal in this weather. Then there is the main problem of all 99% causes of bad racing the Raptors and it doesn't matter about if there at lib or not one flap of the wings and there on them from miles away and this is all the way up the road and it will only get worse as time goes on .No one can fix this only the fancy it has gone to far and nocant wants to know.It is not weather or race controllers or flares or G4 G5 its Percy and health.When all this happens and waiting on all these birds they havent been able to get going ,and been turned .

Yes the heat is a problem ,but they flew in heat years ago and were not darkness youngbirds and under a lot of stress growing and moulting and yes they homed panting and dehydrated but we got them home. Nowadays the youngbirds dont seem to handle the stress the same as in the past and alot to do with this is training raceing with very high count of Canker ,lethal in this weather. Then there is the main problem of all 99% causes of bad racing the Raptors and it doesn't matter about if there at lib or not one flap of the wings and there on them from miles away and this is all the way up the road and it will only get worse as time goes on .No one can fix this only the fancy it has gone to far and nocant wants to know.It is not weather or race controllers or flares or G4 G5 its Percy and health.When all this happens and waiting on all these birds they havent been able to get going ,and been turned .

Well said and correct

100% correct Tam

I've watched the Raptors multiply out of control since the 90's

Been training hard

Had 44 now got 26 fit to race another 10 carrying peregrine injuries

Birds are being hit every few miles

3 peregrines followed birds into town the other night

A bloody nightmare my friend

Its bordering on cruelty what we are making our birds do

Take care

Mick

Edited by yeboah

100% correct Tam

I've watched the Raptors multiply out of control since the 90's

Been training hard

Had 44 now got 26 fit to race another 10 carrying peregrine injuries

Birds are being hit every few miles

3 peregrines followed birds into town the other night

A bloody nightmare my friend

Its bordering on cruelty what we are making our birds do

Take care

Mick

Mick, Ive said it before m8, feed these things.