clockman

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fly in UNC and wouldn't like a mid day lib from over the channel.😞

Be interesting to see how the longest fliers fare.

It wont be any different for section G birds longest flyers ,they are accustomed to these night out races .

It wont be any different for section G birds longest flyers ,they are accustomed to these night out races .

I've been a member of SNFC for 49 years and never been a early lib , and rule 1 states birds will be liberated as early as possible weather permitting , and the hrs of darkness was changed from 10 - 45 to 4 - 45 Stealing 30 min off the longest flying birds , why was this rule never been ad eared too , it's definately not being sportsmen take a look in the mirror and be honest it's criminal please post all yer times ye have timed in after 10 - 30 pm put the rightfull hrs of darkness back ta what it was , and give all the convoy a bloody fair chance ,

I've been a member of SNFC for 49 years and never been a early lib , and rule 1 states birds will be liberated as early as possible weather permitting , and the hrs of darkness was changed from 10 - 45 to 4 - 45 Stealing 30 min off the longest flying birds , why was this rule never been ad eared too , it's definately not being sportsmen take a look in the mirror and be honest it's criminal please post all yer times ye have timed in after 10 - 30 pm put the rightfull hrs of darkness back ta what it was , and give all the convoy a bloody fair chance ,

This is what i mean they dinna ken fit fairness is down near the borders ,they dinna want fair.I hinna done next tae nithing in National racing i admit that ,but the unfair disadvantages for lads up here are hard to miss.

This is what i mean they dinna ken fit fairness is down near the borders ,they dinna want fair.I hinna done next tae nithing in National racing i admit that ,but the unfair disadvantages for lads up here are hard to miss.

Do you set yer birds up to fly 400 miles from Roye?

Do you set yer birds up to fly 400 miles from Roye?

I am nae at Roye but saying i was if i set them up for 400 miles i would only get 2 thirds of the way home I think the distance up here is 580 odd miles .

I am nae at Roye but saying i was if i set them up for 400 miles i would only get 2 thirds of the way home I think the distance up here is 580 odd miles .

Exactly...why would anybody in the south want to set them for 580miles?

I am sorry but i am losing your point here ,what i was on about was the birds up here or a lot of them are clocked the next morning the pigeons down with you have more chance of day birds ,but if the race was libbed after noon you might find your pigeons might have to rise in the morning and make the rest of their journey home would they do that ? ,but any way i think wires crossed here .

. But Stephen were all doo men and we can only send a bird that is capable of competing against the short or longest flyers , but for god sake why is the very first rule in the rules is this is the National F/ C and birds (will ) be liberated as early as possible weather permitting , and this so called rule is never been USED , nobody is trying ta stop you or anyone else from conditioning yer birds , but have you ever been working all day and then start another shift are you not fatigued , I know I was , these birds are being forced doon by darkness every National , by letting them up for the shorter flyers ta get home as I said how much times have you or anyone else timed in a bird flying 5 ta 600 miles after 10 30 PM , it's a bloody disgrace that the hrs of darkness is 11 pm ta 4 - 30 and I must add Stephen , why was this ever changed from 10 - 45 ta 4 - 45 and has this never been taken up at the AGM as I've reported it in different occasions , and never taken up otherwise wheelie bin job ?

Guys....I'm only trying to point out that diffo areas have diffo ideas on racing. I f I lived in the north east of Scotland I would no doubt have to change the way I think....but I dont ..a two day race from 450 miles doesn't float my boat.

pigeon racing is never fair due to location, most probably why I don't set a clock for club races, however once the national races come around the distance element comes in, and better performances begin to count, due to weather conditions the race may not suit your area, however if you can have the best performance in your region, then that should be your goal, if by chance you get a good open position happy days.

Holdover again. Six days in a basket now and all could've been avoided. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Lets see your ideas for avoiding this for the AGM then Derek, remember to take into account that not every area has a pigeon club hut capable of taking the National marking, and in these areas halls etc have to be booked in advance.

Lets see your ideas for avoiding this for the AGM then Derek, remember to take into account that not every area has a pigeon club hut capable of taking the National marking, and in these areas halls etc have to be booked in advance.

HOW MANY YOU GOT AWAY

Edited by Delboy

I,ve none away Derek, but thats irrelevant,my point is how are you going to avoid it if you have to book Halls etc, not how are you gonna avoid it if I have doos away??????

Doos first at all times, never mind drivers taking days off work so the doos must get marked because of this. Never mind halls need booked, that can be changed and accommodated and is all petty pi sh. Answer for everything Bobby, doos first at all times simple as that. ps. get yer doos away to the races and then you will realise the f kin anguish we are going through.

Doos first at all times, never mind drivers taking days off work so the doos must get marked because of this. Never mind halls need booked, that can be changed and accommodated and is all petty pi sh. Answer for everything Bobby, doos first at all times simple as that. ps. get yer doos away to the races and then you will realise the f kin anguish we are going through.

Doos First you say, at all times you say? Well I had one for this race and I put him FIRST, didnt fancy the forecast so kept him at home, thats what putting your doos first means Derek, no chasing averages at all costs

Doos First you say, at all times you say? Well I had one for this race and I put him FIRST, didnt fancy the forecast so kept him at home, thats what putting your doos first means Derek, no chasing averages at all costs

haha you chasing averages haha so what yer saying is you don't trust the controllers ? lol

Edited by Delboy