Training

Colin8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will work there way through for you it's hapning all over the country definitely something interfering wae there homing ability my first toss was only 5 MLS and had 1 on 35 minutes the other 21 took between an hour and 3 hours but got them home hopefully yours will make it through good luck

my first toss 26 birds, got 20 home 2.3 hrs then another next morning still 5 missing ,took the 21 for a toss to the same place today with full returns all together, the first toss just after I let go another batch ob birds came over so probably took mine away off

I start mine at only a few miles , 3 as the crow flys and gradually increase to 25 miles and don’t go any further, it worked last season so doing exactly the same this year . Hope you get your young ones back 🤞

I'm sure they will work there way through for you it's hapning all over the country definitely something interfering wae there homing ability my first toss was only 5 MLS and had 1 on 35 minutes the other 21 took between an hour and 3 hours but got them home hopefully yours will make it through good luck

Your right there BOPs ours got slottered at Carstairs on a first toss last week end still waiting on some yet.

Your right there BOPs ours got slottered at Carstairs on a first toss last week end still waiting on some yet.

Now 16\35 they didn't get a good start this morning the weather was lousy till about 2.30 but am hopeful more will turn up thanks for your input guys

Started with 39 lost 3 so far

Plus three injured 2 wings so I would think they are finished 1 with a broken leg ,

Had 6 tosses 9 to 15 miles then 6 at about 22 miles for them

Will try to get as many as I can it this week at 22 miles then drop them back to 15 miles and get as many in as I can next week

Can't complain, I do think It's vital they roam well and are 100 per cent in good health prior to training , you can't stop the bop though

Took my youngsters to Strathclyde park first toss 27 out of 46, libbed at 4 40, 6 15 for the first 1 then singles all day, finished with 15 on the night and 12 yesterday and nothing so far today, gutted first ever team of youngsters so what to do next, is it worth training

As I've said before our birds homing ability is getting affected badly wae something it's happening to to many all over the UK it's not the birds or the faciers faults it's gut wrenching went you try to build a team of young and this happens I just hope the ones that's waiting on doos that some manage to get through to yous and the very best of luck as wee need it the way things are going

I've always believed in the last few years that all these new masts windfarms etc are something to do with the birds homing ability being affected they all cause static electricity in the air and ground and affect the magnetic fields but everyone has their reasons but definitely something in it this didn't happen years ago you couldn't loss a lot of birds even racing never mind training wen there wasn't as much masts etc I suppose the reasons will go on but the losses will get worse I've no doubt about that

Took my youngsters to Strathclyde park first toss 27 out of 46, libbed at 4 40, 6 15 for the first 1 then singles all day, finished with 15 on the night and 12 yesterday and nothing so far today, gutted first ever team of youngsters so what to do next, is it worth training

why did you go tae strathy way them ?? thot newmains would be a better line for you

Now that's conundrum?

It opens up a whole new discussion.

Why does it only affect some?

Same feeding same loft? Some of the later bred ones got back?

Know this i won't be racing young birds

This season that's a Fact!! $wine !! **

Just like me too mine to carluke couple mile fae newmains lib 57 birds 3 weeks ago an still only 30 back slaughtered

kevin it was a dodgy day you took them ive been training 109 birds 8 tosses and two still short from first toss carluke has been a black spot for years better just taking them tae the quarry on the m8. never let my birds up in one batch keep them at same spot tae they head straight hame then they are ready for first race

Day was perfect for training not the next day as was totally shut out boys in Lanark an kirkfieldbank had ma doos in said weather was bang on but they would not leave the valley .were seen flying with another 100 doos