Glasgow Federation

It is a while since I left school but the numbers competing do not add up. The club results show Alexandria 42 birds. Barrhead 68. Johnstone 4. Bridge of weir 8. Kilbarchan 6. Clydebank 51. Kisyth 40.. Campsie 7. Total race birds 238. Why is the fed result showing 366 birds racing. A difference of 128. Strange.

It is a while since I left school but the numbers competing do not add up. The club results show Alexandria 42 birds. Barrhead 68. Johnstone 4. Bridge of weir 8. Kilbarchan 6. Clydebank 51. Kisyth 40.. Campsie 7. Total race birds 238. Why is the fed result showing 366 birds racing. A difference of 128. Strange.

You are missing out your pals at Gartcosh.. did they not send? There were also pigeons sent from non Fed members

Good to see your paying attention tho.

I do not think they sent 128 pigeons. Maybe the no layby rules have not been adhered to.

They sent 47. The rest was made up by Non Fed members as stated above.

Out of interest are you a Federation member or do you even race pigeons ? If not scuttle away back to ‘whomever’ put you up to writing this.

It would appear you do not like questions. Should I be afraid the police might arrive at my door? Oh so an open race did allow loading in a lay by. OK for everyone else but not for Gartcosh.

I’ll be at Clydebank Club in 20 mins feel free to drop in and ask all the questions you like.

And the pigeons collected at Daldowie were from a NON Fed member not competing in the race.

Unfortunately I will not be at Clydebank tonight. Although I did enjoy a blether with the members down there when I drove the transporter for five or six years. I am led to believe member or non member is not allowed to put pigeons on transporter other than official pick up points when there are pigeons on the motor going to a race. It could inadvertently lead to security issues and members questioning the validity of the race. After all there is good prize money involved. Prize money which you yourself put an excellent effort into raising.

Unfortunately I will not be at Clydebank tonight. Although I did enjoy a blether with the members down there when I drove the transporter for five or six years. I am led to believe member or non member is not allowed to put pigeons on transporter other than official pick up points when there are pigeons on the motor going to a race. It could inadvertently lead to security issues and members questioning the validity of the race. After all there is good prize money involved. Prize money which you yourself put an excellent effort into raising.

The trainers were put on the motor before the race birds so there were no security issues.

You are quite correct regarding the effort put in to raising the prize money, it was and is excellent. Having put in so much effort, were it you, would you risk that effort by allowing a security breach?

I think you may simply be "stirring the pot", so to speak.

Last post on the issue from me. I feel you have been answered and it is more important to spend our time on Federation members. If you are one, drop me a letter and use the proper channels rather than using social media from behind a pseudonym. :)

Major point made by yourself regarding pick up points previously and stating no pick ups other than those agreed by fed meeting when birds are going racing.As to stirring the pot so to speak you are wrong. I am questioning fairness and equity for all.

Major point made by yourself regarding pick up points previously and stating no pick ups other than those agreed by fed meeting when birds are going racing.As to stirring the pot so to speak you are wrong. I am questioning fairness and equity for all.

Security is a top priority in the Fed, hence why measures had to be put in place this year after years of abuse to the rules by people who should know better.

Trainers being put on a wagon by NON Fed members, prior to any pigeons entered in the race is most certainly no issue to me.

If any other questions arise from this Tuesdays coffee club do feel free to ask