• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell the boy to keep.it

You pick it up on the way hame fae yer holiday lol

Also heard there’s one in North Holland , from Ypres

jeez

I have a 5 year old hen that's been to Ypres twice both times she's ended up in Ireland needless to say I never sent her this year.

Aye, I don't think this hen will be back at Ypres Robbie.

3/4 here but it's been a p*ss poor race. Birds were way slower than they should have been which is usually weather related. The guys that timed early have done a great job with their birds the rest of us will need to try harder. Reims next.....looking out some sprinters and hoping for a south wind lol.

It’s been a joke tbh I’ve hardly lost a doo all year with Lanarkshire or South Lanarkshire but as soon as we go with snfc it’s terrible I’ve sent 44 Doos only 22 home and the Doos I’ve to come from Ypres has had most races and in good nick to me it’s been the band of rain that’s stopped them. Well done everyone who timed in spot on I’ve 5/20 1rst today at 4-52 I’ve been training for Reims but I’ve lost all faith in the snfc will decide tomorrow whither to send to it or arras

Also heard there’s one in North Holland , from Ypres

I had a good hen land in north Holland from reims once

Dutch distance fancier told me when they come up there in batches they work up and down the coast

Choice by that time is hundreds of miles north sea or Denmark he said .

I have a fancier friend in the ne he lost good bird from bourges this year

It's in Morocco

There are chips available that can be downloaded when birds home showing their route

National should purchase some give to some top consistent fanciers this giving us an idea of routes taken and problem areas

Well done again yesterday

Edited by yeboah

I don’t think it’s the rain that caused the losses. I think the majority of the birds didn’t cross the channel. There have been races like this before with heavy losses and very few turning up. A few years ago I got 2 birds within half an hour (1 from Ypres and 1 from Clermont) 2/3 weeks after the race. Both looked like they had been flying all day. I was convinced at the time they had either been liberated in England or had come from Holland or wherever that day.

Seems to have been a sticky race for some I see pigeons being reported in Southern Ireland expletive remove the scatter effect once again . I’ve 5 fae 9 sent I had a hen away for its silver award got it on Sunday afternoon really glad to see her unfortunately with half its wing missing she’s already got 3 nat diplomas but one of them was from Bedhampton which doesn’t count for a silver award so that’s her racing career over stuff the silver award long distance pigeons need to be really lucky these days .

0/6 here and sick as a pig ,got one reported in Scarborough that would not leave the lads loft

Just hope something turns up in the next few days in the meantime get the birds ready for the next race and the scary thought of training youngsters

Well done to everyone that timed from this race

0/6 here and sick as a pig ,got one reported in Scarborough that would not leave the lads loft

Just hope something turns up in the next few days in the meantime get the birds ready for the next race and the scary thought of training youngsters

Well done to everyone that timed from this race

Nae good Jim hope some show up for ye 🤞 I put through some o your birds at marking station and they were in cracking order (as I expected)

thing is the birds are gettin comin up the coast hard, s,aitcheson told me the crabbers ofshore watch the doos in batches comin up off eymouth and split them, some go inland, lots head out to water, the doos are being hit all the time in my opinion, all the way home,soi ask this, is your timer a good doo or jist lucky.

thing is the birds are gettin comin up the coast hard, s,aitcheson told me the crabbers ofshore watch the doos in batches comin up off eymouth and split them, some go inland, lots head out to water, the doos are being hit all the time in my opinion, all the way home,soi ask this, is your timer a good doo or jist lucky.

Davie Luck plays a part in what ever you do in life !! I’m sure everyone that timed in this race see they’re birds as decent Doo’s or they wouldn’t have had the confidence and courage to send them in the first place in what was always forecast to be a tough affair ! So hats off to them

The band of rain may well explain some of birds not getting home on the day.

I drove up from Gloucestershire on Sat to see the race. On the way up I hit the band of rain just south of Birmingham. It didn't clear up until I passed the junction for Nantwitch & north Wales.

I know this is the wrong side of the country for the birds, but if it was like this on the East side also?

The band of rain may well explain some of birds not getting home on the day.

I drove up from Gloucestershire on Sat to see the race. On the way up I hit the band of rain just south of Birmingham. It didn't clear up until I passed the junction for Nantwitch & north Wales.

I know this is the wrong side of the country for the birds, but if it was like this on the East side also?

What about the birds that would be on the west coast?

I know what you mean.I like most looked at the weather on tv Sat morning,didn't think much about it as it looked like the birds would have been well up the road and miss it by the time it came down & across England.

I didn't get to Birmingham till midday due to an accident on m-way,called my Dad when I was waiting to tell him about weather down there.

Maybe the rain came across country quicker than expected? I can't say, but it was certainly larger than the band they spoke about on tv, and quite heavy at times.

This might explain birds going over Ireland way to go around it?