Sspca

Mattydoos79

Well thanks to them for holding my pigeon that got lost off the Montrose Alfa rig and brought back to Aberdeen, now to explain that the SSPCA got a few pigeons too but they won’t tell me what their ring numbers as it’s a policy of theirs, I got mine back but if any of you guys in Aberdeen or surrounding area lost some birds contact SSPCA drumoak Aberdeen ok

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to them for holding my pigeon that got lost off the Montrose Alfa rig and brought back to Aberdeen, now to explain that the SSPCA got a few pigeons too but they won’t tell me what their ring numbers as it’s a policy of theirs, I got mine back but if any of you guys in Aberdeen or surrounding area lost some birds contact SSPCA drumoak Aberdeen ok

Animal rescue folks are often a bit funny when it comes to returning race birds - I've had a lot say "tell me what the ring says so I can return it to you". No, YOU need to tell ME the ring details so I can check the database and let the owner know!

I did call drum oak last week as I was a few short from Peterborough race .

However the lady told me there was no other SU ringed pigeons .But she did say they had a number of Gb ringed birds .Which came ashore on helicopter from various oil installations east of aberdeen .Glad to see there is some bird lovers still on the rigs.