North Of Scotland

At our club clock opening yesterday, we had a brief discussion about the remaining race program. It’s been a very difficult year so far with virtually every weekend so far the race controlling team have had to act as a group to find hopefully the best chance of getting a race. It’s not been easy and whilst there haven’t been any disasters, there have been continual losses.

Our club members feel that both Peterborough & Battle are races we need to complete but the two races in between need to be reassessed with alternative, probably shorter race points used.

Should we be asking our Officials to consider this?

Colin

I can only comment on my behalf and not my clubs but if the 200 and 240 mile races that we chose at the race committee meeting are too far for our old birds then I am either in the wrong hobby or the wrong federation.

I do appreciate that the weather has not been as we would want it,but being the only fed in the UK to cancel when we should been at 100 miles and then only going to 60 miles when we should have been at 120 has not helped especially as our neighbouring Fed managed 240 on the same day.

I can honestly say that our club losses are not any worse than previous seasons and if there were to be a committee meeting to discuss any changes i would be voting for the status quo.

Regards

George

ive got a feeling that the two races you are referring to colin will not be well supported due to the losses some guys have had and this will cost us money

I've been in this fed for 51 years , and in that time as far as I am aware is the come back race was used from just across the forth , for late breeds and birds that have been injured and that race was arniston , ma merry , etc , surly its yer Worksop , and Peterburgh , races that's used for Hastings, and making yer channel birds right for the long hauls , what good is these two Ripon, races , surly not for averages , Well if it's distance races y want Geo Duncan , solve the problem , at the next AGM , use the Scorrish National races for all averages , that will sort yer averages out pretty early in club just have , Ypres and Finnish up with a 600 mile race , not putting yer birds back and forth like a boomerang , that's why the Nationals are not being attended give them distance races , that's what the North Of Scotland was famous for long distance, now it's been ruined by bloody inland races ?

Just my opion, I like to start the season and then each week increase the distance up to our longest race. I'm not a fan of increasing then decreasing race points but that is just my opion. I also think you need just one come back race to give your birds that's taken a knock a chance to get back on the road. I never put last week but am looking forward to Ripon this weekend where am sure the race controller will do his best again

Yeh you do, just be thankfull you have birds left, unlike most of our fed

and your fed has about a three mile radius .ours is about 80 miles across.nightmare to control for.were lucky too have had really good race controllers in our fed

and your fed has about a three mile radius .ours is about 80 miles across.nightmare to control for.were lucky too have had really good race controllers in our fed

No 3 mile radius here pal, we have member in Kintore and one near Ellon, and a few others scattered around Banchory/ Deeside....yes you are blessed with good controllers no question of that.