The Joe Murphy Column 29/5/19

THE FIFER

The Joe Murphy Column

By the time this article appears in the pigeon press we in Scotland will be getting ready for the Scottish National races with the first being flown on Saturday 1st June. One of my ex SNFC committee members and dedicated Scottish national fancier is Derek Hay of Kirkintilloch who had an exception season last year. I will be watching out for his performances again this year as he has an exception team of pigeons about him just now. Derek won 15 SNFC diplomas in 2018 winning from races ranging from 300 to 580 miles. He won 5 x 1st,4 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd and 2 x 4th in section F which covers Ayrshire, Renfrewshire and Glasgow federations. What is very impressive is he won 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 4th in the West Region which covers the above areas plus Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Midland, Forth and Clyde Federations which is a vast amount of Scotland and has some ‘cracking fanciers’ in its boundaries. What makes this more outstanding is Derek is flying into one of the furthest north west position inhis Region. I’m informed that Derek was the only fancier in the whole of Scotland to return his clock at EVERY RACE in the last 2 years racing with the SNFC. As many of you know I study the national results and I’m certain Derek is the only fancier in SNFC section F history to have won the SNFC West Region Averages and he has achieved this accomplishment twice and been very close many other times. Although Derek’s is like me in that we both share the passion forlong distance racing. However Derek also competes well at most club and federation races although he has mainly distance based pigeons, they also win in races such is the good condition of his pigeons. He had 12 x 1st; 12x 2nd in the club and 40 positions in the top 10 in his federation section.He won 7 Scottish National Flying Club trophies, 22 club trophies and a Scottish Homing Union Award for best performance into Scotland by a yearling. To be honest, in 2017 his performances were just as good, maybe even better. I’ve asked Derek to send me some photographs of his winners to add to the column and I wish him well in the forthcoming national races and I will be watching out for his name on the results. Request; Can anyone help me out with a 2019 SNFC Year Book as when I do my write ups on ‘Good SNFC Birds’ I have to double check the positions won by these birds. I’ve lost the phone number of the lad who used tosend me a book, I don’t know if he is no longer a member but know you have to become a member of the club to obtain a rule book (which I am not). The sad thing is it is the pigeons and fanciers plus the national who will suffer if I do not continue with this feature, as I often receive phone calls from all over the UK commenting on these wonderful birds performance.

Andrew Brown winner see tex Bo'ness report

Andrew Brown winner see tex Bo'ness report.jpg

G Campbell of Gourdon Club see Angus Fed text

G Campbell of Gourdon Club see Angus Fed text (1).jpg

John Bird Preston Pans see text

John Bird Preston Pans see text.JPG

Tom McEwen who reports on Preston Pans Club see text

Tom McEwen who reports on Preston Pans Club  see text.jpg

Winner of 1st & 2nd section F for Derek Hay see text (

Winner of 1st & 2nd section F for Derek Hay see text (1).jpg

Two nest mates 1st & 3rd sect F Buckingham 300 miles for Derek Hay see text

Two nest mates 1st & 3rd sect F Buckingham 300 miles for Derek Hay see text (1).jpg

Race Results

Angus Federation

Result of the Wakefield race flown on Friday 17th May with the convoy of 672 birds liberated at 09- 15 am into a light north east wind. First spot goes to David J Liddle of Forfar club with Kenny Droog &son in 2nd place. Davie Glen is 3rd 7th &12th with Bob Baldie in 4th 5th 9th 10th 11th 18th 19th &20th places. Ian Scott is 6th 8th 15th 16th & 17th with Macaulay, Ferguson and Curran in 13th& 14th open. The East Section first 5 plus 7th positions are won by Charlie & Glen Cameron of Arbroath club with Kevin J Murphy in 6th 8th & 10th places. Les McKayof the same club is in 9th section with D & D Hay of Gourdonclub in 3rd & 8th places, their club mate W Dorward is 4th 5th 9th & 10th with G Campbell of Montrose winning 6th place. Club winners areas follows; Forfar 516 birds winner D J Liddle; Gourdon 33 birds winner W Dorward; Arbroath123 birds winner Charlie & Glen Cameron.

Arbroath Racing Pigeon Club

From this week’s race from Wakefield a distance of 205 miles we have a clean sweep from Charlie and Glen Cameron 1st, 2nd & 3rd club. Their winner is a 2 year old blue hen who was 1st club the previous week. As a yearling she was 11th open SNRPC Arras.She is bred from the ‘Duracell Dorrie’ who is one of the main breeders in the loft. ‘Duracell’ was times at 23-05 pm from SNFC Reims on the night when paired to ‘Little Dorrie’ who won 3rd open SNFC Reims. The dam ofthe blue hen is a direct daughter of ‘The Perpignan ‘of Leon Messiaen; the ‘Perpignan’ won 4 times at Barcelona and is the base pigeon of Leon’s current race team.The partners 2nd bird is a 3 year old hen that in the previous two seasons has had her season cut short due to injuries; she is bred from a pairof pigeons that scored at SNFC Alencon. The bloodline being a mixture of Malfait, Mark Gilbert and Len Downie bloodlines; their 3rd club is a grand daughter of Leon Messiaen’s ‘Perpignan’ being from a direct son obtained from Leon when paired to an inbred daughter of ‘Aurora’ of Schreurs-Haubens who won the Primus Inter Paris in 2010. (This is for the best results over a 5 year period from the Barcelona International race).

Almond Valleys Federation

News from Lynne Stewart whow rites; ‘Hi Joe, the Almond Valley Federation raced from Wetherby on Thursday 16th May with a 11- 00 hours liberation with 886 birds in the convoy. Taking the first 2 places is Colin Bain & W Fairley of Balerno club with a yard splittingt he first 2 birds. Dougie Bald of the same club is 3rd 4th17th & 19th federation with Colin Ross of the same club in 5th position. Freddie Jamieson & son of East Calder are 6th open with Vic Couper of Bonnybridge club in 7th place. I McLelland ofthe same club wins 8th & 15th open with John Bird of West Calder winning from 9th to 13th places. Geordie Harris of Bonnybridge club is 14th 20th & 21st open with Jimmy Young of East Calder is in 16th place 2 places ahead of club mate John Jamieson who wins 18th place.

Club Winners are as follows;

Balerno 147 birds; 1st2nd & 4th C Bain & W Fairley 3rd DBald

Bonnybridge 282 birds; 1st J Loney; 2nd Wells & Scott 3rd & 4th DStewart.

Carnwath 135 birds; 1st Thomson Bros; 2nd McArdle & Thompson 3rd B Campbell 4thW Watson

East Calder 141 birds; 1st& 2nd F Jamieson & Son; 3rd & 4th JM Young

West Calder 145 birds; 1stto 4th John Bird.

Balerno Club news from Colin Bain who writes; Hello Joe, Balerno were at Catterick on 11th May with 8 members sending 222 birds liberated into a north east wind at 07-30 hours. Taking the 1st & 2ns prizes is Ian Jamieson with his winner a 2 year old chequer pied cock on 1270; his 2nd bird wasa 3 year old blue cock on 1231. 3rd club is Colin Ross with a 3 year old blue Staff Van Reet cock on 1225 He is a Colin Bain crossed Mr Toft of Lancaster and was on the roundabout system. In 4th place is Ian Jamieson with a 2 year old blue hen. The next week we were at Wetherby this race was on Thursday 16th May 2019 with the members sending 129 birds liberated into a south east wind at 11-00 hours. Taking the 1st x 2 places is Colin Bainand W Fairley with their winner a Staff Van Reet blue cock feeding a 7 day old young bird doing a velocity of 1668. Their 2nd bird is a 2 year old blue checker cock sitting 7 days on eggs. His breeding is Hession crossedwith David Atkin on 1667 just heard we are 1st and 2nd federation from Wetherby. Dougie Bald was 3rd and 4th witha 4 year old black cock on 1658. The 4th club winner was a yearling chequer pied cock on 1658: the black cock is an Andre Clermont sitting on eggs the yearling is a Vandenabeele flying to the perch that’s me Joe best wishes Colin Bain’.

Central Federation

Broxburn HS

News from Bernie Britton with the result of the Ripon race flown on 11th May with 6 members sending 304 birds,the convoy were liberated at 07-30 with no wind at the race point. 1st& 2nd positions go to Gordon Mackenzie with his winner a bluebar cock on roundabout who also wins the federation. Gordon is also 2nd club and fed with another blue cock on roundabout. 3rd club is John McNeillflying a red chequer cock on roundabout. Other club members on the federation result are John McNeill in 6th 8th & 13th open, with Pat Rafferty & sons in 14th & 17th places. Hamish Ferguson is 16th & 19th federation.From the Wakefield race flown on the 17th May 6 members sent 276 birds, liberated at 07-30 am 1st & 2nd club and Federation is Gordon Mackenzie with the winner a blue cock onr oundabout. Gordon’s 2nd bird won the club and federation last week.3rd place goes to Pat Rafferty & sons with a blue hen on roundabout she is a Gabby from D & J Hawkins. Sorry for the lack of information Joe but I misplaced my notes, once again many thanks for all your help Bernie’.

Bo’ness RPC

News from Martyn Brown whowr ites ‘Hi Joe, please find attached report for the Bo’ness homing society flown on Saturday the 11th of May. The 416 Bo’ness club birds were liberated amongst a convoy of 1285 Central Fed birds from Ripon approximately155 miles to Bo’ness. The birds were liberated into clear blue skies with little to no wind. A fast race was expected and the fastest velocity in the federation was recorded by Gordon MacKenzie of Broxburn doing 1333ypm. Gordon took 1st and 2nd fed well done to him. 1st club Bo’ness for the 2nd week running was Andrew Brown, he recorded a velocity of 1320ypm to win 1st club 11th federation his winning pigeon is a yearling chequer cock flown on the roundabout and the same family as last week’s winner being Janssen based. 2nd club 18th federation was yours truly MartynBrown timing in a 2 year old hen doing 1314ypm. She was flying on the roundabout system, her sire is a cock from Colin Crowe and her mother is a retired racer of mine known as ‘81’ she was a winner of 1st club 1stfed herself she is a Willy Thass crossed Van Reet that was gifted to me from George Appleton of Denton Manchester. 3rd club and taking the final federation spot goes to Jim Smith of Polmont, Jim timed a 3 year old roundabout hen, that is a full sister to ‘Birthday Boy’ winner of 4th SNFCBuckingham, her breeding is 50% is own blood and 50% his good friend John Bosworth’s. Once again well done to both Gordon MacKenzie and Andrew Brown on this week’s success with their birds; yours Martyn’.

East ofScotland Federation

News from Tom McEwen who has taken up this post once again after he and his son Scott have re-joined the Preston Pans homing society; Tom informs us that the federation were racing from Wakefield on Friday 17th May with the convoy liberated at 11-00 hours into an east to north east wind. Having a fantastic race finishing up 1st2nd 3rd 4th 6th & 7th open is Jim McNeil of Tranent (great result well done Jim from Tom) In 4th open place is former SNFC Gold Cup winner George Veitch from East Saltoun. With another great race being flown by John Bird of Preston Pans who finished up taking 8th 9th & 10th positions in the federation:

Preston Pans HS taking the 1stx 3 places is John Bird with the winner a 2 year old Vandenabeele blue cock.This cock is having a fantastic season finishing 2nd club 4th federation Weatherby last week and 1st club 5th fed from Sedgefield the week before. The blue cock was purchased direct from Woodside Loft. John’s 2nd bird was a 3 year old blue cock sire a Vandenabeele from Woodside Lofts. Dam is an Eaglesham Busschaert from Jim Smith of Polmont; this cock is a multi-card winner in the club and federation. John’s 3rdc lub winner was a 2 year old Vandenabeele blue hen direct from Woodside Lofts.She won 6th club 10th federation from Wetherby last week.Hope this result is OK Joe wishing you all the best Tom’. Good to have you backon board Tom and glad to hear that you have re-joined the club fed etc.

Fife Federation

The federation of homing pigeon societies sent 1885 birds to the Ripon race flown on Friday 17th May with the liberation taking place at 10-10am into a north east wind. Starting with the federation top 10 open positions; the number one spot is won by Frank Mitchell of Dunfermline club with a yearling doing a velocity of 1251.93. K Cochrane of Crossgates is 2nd with Kennoway’s Brian Chalmers is 3rd & 4th Walker & David Kennedy of Dunfermline are 5th with Sean Diamond of Kennoway club in 6th place he is followed by Willie Pratt of Crossgates club in 7th spot. McCord & Turpie of Perth club are 8th with Methilhaven club partnership of Jim & Gary Peggie in 9th spot and making up the top 10 are Erskine & son of Novar club.

West Section clubs and birdage; Crossgates 343 birds; Lochgelly 192 birds; Dunfermline 221 birds and Perth 180 birds: 1st & 7th section is Frank Mitchell of Dunfermline club with K Cochrane of Crossgates in 2nd place Walker & David Kennedy of Dunfermline are 3rd with Willie Pratt of Crossgates in 4th & 6th spot. McCord & Turpie of Perth club are 5th with J Hynd & son of Crossgates in 8th place and George Anderson of Perth club takes the last 2 places in the section.

East Section clubs and birdage; Tayport 66 birds; Methilhaven 170 birds; Kennoway 290 birds; Leven 141 birds and St Andrews 157 birds.

1st 2nd & 8th Brian Chalmers of Kennoway, with Jim & Gary Peggie of Methilhaven club in 3rd 4th & 6th places. Tam Cook of Kennoway is 5th with club mate Tam Laing in 7th place and another Kennoway member Jim Honeyman is 9th & 10th places.

Centre Section clubs and birdage; Glenrothes & Leslie 95 birds; Novar 170 birds

1st 5th 6th & 7th Sean Diamond of Kennoway, 2nd 9th & 10th Erskine & son Novar; R Cunningham of Tayport is 3rd & 4th with Brian Kinnear of Glenrothes & Leslie winning 8th spot.

Glenrothes & Leslie Pigeon Club

News from Rosie Armit who writes ‘Hi Joe, Glenrothes & Leslie club had 4 members sending 130 birds to Catterick. With 1st 2nd & 3rd places going to Brian Kinnear with his winner a 2 year old chequer hen doing a velocity of 1252, this hen was 2nd club last week from Alnwick. Brian’s 2nd bird is a blue yearling hen doing 1251, her sire is a grandson of ‘Stitchy’ while her dam won 43rd open Bedhampton and is a granddaughter of ‘Stitchy’. These two hens have now paired together Brian’s 3rd bird is a blue pied yearling hen, doing a velocity of 1241. Her sire is a son of ‘Stitchy’ and her dam was bred by Austin Whittaker being a daughter of his champion ‘Betty’.

Dunfermline LRPS

News from David Kennedy who writes ‘Hi Joe from our Ripon old bird race 11 members sent 221 birds. Taking first position this week is Frank Mitchell with a velocity of 1251 ypm. Frank timed a late bred flying spare; it was bred by ex-club mate Wattie Sharp and its bloodlines being Andrew Lawley of Elson from his M & D Evans Vandenabeele family of birds. This bird has been 5th club Berwick and 4th club 5th federation Alnwick this year already. A big well done to Frank as he tops the Federation with this bird which is the 2md time this year he has topped the federation. 2nd club this week is my dad Walker and yours truly David (Loft No 2) with a velocity of 1226 ypm. We timed a home bred yearling widowhood cock, the bloodlines being Jan Aarden from a Massarella cock paired with a Jacob Van Alphen hen. 3rd place goes to Frank Mitchell with a velocity of 1211 ypm this bird is a 3 year old roundabout cock, bred from a grandson of the late Jock Trails 1st open SNFC Nantes winner when paired to the 1st open SNFC Niort winner. This week clubs nomination is won by O’Reilly and Park, and the 2 bird is won by Frank Mitchell. Well that’s another week away Joe, keep up the good work in your column yours David.

Traprain HomingSociety

John Baillie writes, ‘Hi Joe, Tony Youngbrought forward the basketting to Thursday for a race from Wakefield on the Friday 17th May due to the poor weather forecast for the weekend. Wehad 11 members sending 474 birds from the Traprain club and they were liberated at 11-00am into an east to north east wind. Winning this week is Jimmy Mark with a yearling which won the Arniston Breeder/Buyer last year and is bred froma pair from Gregg Bros and Candles from Belfast. Jimmy also takes 3rdposition with the same hen that won the 1st race from Ridsdale; she is bred down from Wade Brother’s. In 2nd place is Sinclair Thomson and son Sinclair; this bird is bred from the Maidstone SNFCwinner last year when paired to a chequer of hen that has won Traprain and is the nest mate to 7th open SNFC Ypres. So you will see Joe ‘bred in the purple!’ Going by the feedback it seems s few birds are still missing from the race’ many thanks once again yours John B’. Thanks John b

Pentland Hills Federation

News from Andy Miller who writes;‘Hi Joe, the New Lothian RPC with the Pentland Hills Federation had their 4thrace of the 2019 season from Wetherby, a distance of 138 to 150 miles for the members. Race controller Tony Young gave the go ahead to liberate with No wind.With 14 clubs sending 2819 birds, winning 1st 2nd &10th open New Lothian and 1st federation is the consistently in-form loft of Willie Pryde & Son John, a.k.a. Bubba! Their timer was a yearling cock was a batch of 14 which were given to John from his cousin Alan Power, who finished with the pigeons at the end of last season.John subsequently broke these birds to his loft during the winter months and is flying them all on a celibate system. Breeding of this one is a Koopman. 3rdis Steve Lapinski of Woodburn club with Willie Kinnear & son of Danderhall in 4th & 5th places. Stuart Gilchrist of Edinburgh Premieris 6th with L Mitchell of Castlebrae in 7th spot andJimmy Pryde Arniston is 8th followed by club mates Owenson Brotherwith a Belge rung 2 year old.

Club Winners

Arniston 339 birds; W Pryde &Son 1364 W Pryde & Son 1357 J Pryde 1348 Woodburn 197 birds; Lapinski 1356Brown & Black 1342 Brown & Black 1341 Danderhall 684 birds; Kinnear 1352.2Kinnear 1352.1 W. Hume 1342

EdinburghPremier 226 birds;Gilchrist 1350 Gilchrist 1334 Dick 1328

Castlebrae 83 birds; L. Mitchell1349 A Mitchell 1338 L. Mitchell 1337

Sighthill 137 birds; 1stSummer’s 1335 Girdwood 1313 Girdwood 1311

Edinburgh West 94 birds; Lamb 1308 Lamb1296 Lamb 1260

Bonnyrigg 193 birds; Massey 1302.9Smith 1302 Massey 1301

Easthouses 167 birds; Lang 1276Thomas 1247 Bertram 1240

Rosewell 97 birds; Mackie 1261.9G. Tytler 1261.8 Cunningham & Ness 1231

Loanhead 51 birds; Murray 1232Williamson 1228 Murray 1208

Peebles 29 birds;

New Lothian 32 birds;

Traprain 490 birds; Thomson 1362Thomson 1361 Newcombe Black 1343

Pentland HillsFederation old bird race from Wakefield was flown on Friday 17th May the 2406 birds entered by 59 lofts. 1st & 2nd are T Nolan & Son of Danderhallwith their winner winning over £450 for its efforts. 3rd place goesto Stevie Girdwood of Sighthill club with Aniston’s Willie Pryde & son winning 4th & 5th places The Stark & Benson partnership of Bonnyrigg are 6th with F Robertson of Danderhall takes the next 3 places to fill up the top 10 positions.

Club Winners asfollows;

Danderhall 561 birds; Nolan 1256 Nolan 1250 F.Robertson 1242

Sighthill 127 birds; Girdwood 1249 Girdwood1221 Miller 1207

Arniston 292 birds; 1st 2nd3rd W Pryde & Son 1246 1245 1236

Bonnyrigg 163 birds; Stark & Benson1243 Smith 1210 Smith 1205

Castlebrae 87 birds; L. Mitchell 1237L. Mitchell 1222 L. Mitchell 1196

EdinburghPremier 212 birds; Gilchrist1234 Gilchrist 1231 Gilchrist 1225

Woodburn 153 birds; Allen 1232Brown & Black 1226 Brown & Black 1224 Edinburgh West 36 birds; Lamb 1197 Lamb1186 Lamb 1130

Rosewell 65 birds; Mackie 1186 W.Tytler 1155 Cunningham & Ness 1123

Loanhead 47 birds; Murray 1109Williamson 1100 Murray 1052

Easthouses 152 birds;

Peebles 9 birds;

New Lothian 28 birds;

Traprain 474 birds; Mark 1256Thomson 1255 Mark 1247

Pentland Hills Federation Yearling Open

The race was flown on Wednesday 22nd May with 35 lofts prepaying 122 birds with 32 actual lofts sending 82 birds, these were liberated at 06-45am into a light north west wind. Prize money was £2,220 – Paid in 20 Prizes of £1,000 - £400 - £220 - £150 - £100 - £60 - £30 - 13 x £20 with the total pay-out being £5465.00 Super Ally Robertson of Danderhall is the winner winning£1255.00 with the sire bred by John Bird of Preston Pans being a Herman Ceuster, dam is a Busschaert crossed Janssen it was sent flying widowhood. Afurther food for thought was this bird was timed from the Danderhall Christmas race in December. Ally is also 6th & 7th winning another £395 for his efforts. Jim McNeil of East of Scotland is 2nd winning £465 with Willie Pryde & son John of Arniston in 3rd& 4th spots winning £1330. A Young of Danderhall club is 5th& 14th winning £700; Sinclair Thompson & son of Traprain club are 9th 17th & 18th winning £95.Stewart Gilchrist of Edinburgh Premier is 10th 15th & 20th winning £60. With John Bird of East of Scotland in 11th place winning £645 for his efforts, J Dewar of Arniston is 12th& 16th winning a total of £105. J Mark of Traprain club is 13thopen winning £195. J F Bosworth of Traprain is 19th winning £20 and21st are Willie Kinnear & son of Danderhall who win £20 prizemoney and £190 in the last share of the pools. Many thanks to John Jamieson for convoying the pigeons, to Gordon Verth for race marking/checking and to Danderhall RPC for allowing the federation to use their premises. Signed A Young president and R Graham secretary

North of Scotland Federation

News from George Duthie who informs us of the Dunfermline 2 old bird’s raceflown on the 12th May 2019, with 80 members sending 2143 birds liberated into a light south east wind. 1st open and 1st westsection (44 members 1110 birds) is A Milne of Devern Valley club with club mates Fulton & Ritchie loft 2 in 2nd & 4thsection places and 2nd & 5th open. J Reid of Keithclub is 3rd section and open. Stewart Maskame of Peterhead &District club is 1st 5th & 6th east section (36 members sent 1033 birds) 4th 9th & 13th open. G Findlay of Peterhead & District is 2nd 3rd& 4th east section 6th 7th & 8thopen. With G Wilson of Devern Valley club in 5th & 6thwest section 10th & 11th open Fulton & Ritchieloft 1 of Devern Valley are 7th west section 12th open. AW Buchan of Fraserburgh & District club is 7th 8th& 9th east section 14th 15th & 16thopen with Gordon Willox of Peterhead club making the 10th east section place winning 17th open. 8th & 9thwest section 27th & 28th open is A Wilson of DevernValley club with his club mate J Abel is 10th west section 30thopen. Clubs First Bird; - A Milne Devern Valley 1525.764;A J Reid Keith 1506.210; S Maskame Peterhead & District 1501.663; A W Buchan Fraserburgh & District 1466.878; Eric & Nicky Yule of Inverurie 1462.686; Robbie Higgins of Fraserburgh West End 1440.132; R Bain of Buckie & District 1435.132; M Stephen of Elgin & District 1399.927; B Stewartof Forres, Nairn & Inverurie 763.939; Welldone to A Milne of topping the federation and to S Maskame on winning the eastsection.

From the Forfar 2 old bird race flown on 19th May the federation had 69 members sending 1512 birds liberated into a light south east wind. The east section had 34 members sending 802 birds and they took the first 20 places in the section and open. D Ward ofFraserburgh West End club is 1st 8th 15thsection and open. R Barclay of the same club is 2nd 3rd 4th section and open. Robbie Higgins of the Fraserburgh west end is 5th with Colin McRae in 6th &11th A B Geddes is 7th & 14th with A WBuchan of Fraserburgh & District is in 9th & 11th places. Stewart Maskame of Peterhead & District is 10th sectionand open. J (Ian) Gibb of Fraserburgh & District is 13th &18th with Craig Donaldson of Peterhead & District winning 16th& 17th with club mates Jim & Ann Donaldson in 19th& 20th section and open positions.

West Section had 35 members sending 710 birds with G Wilson of Devern Valley is 1st & 9th section 23rd & 39th open. Fulton & Ritchie loft 2 is 2nd section 32nd open with P Sherman also of Devern Valley club in 3rd section 33rd open. Fulton & Ritchie loft 1 are 4th& 5th section 34th & 35th open. NRaymond is 6th section 36th open with A Wilson in 7th section 37th open J Abel is 8th section 38thopen and G Wilson is 8th section and 39th open with AMilne making up the top 10 west section and also being 40th open.

Clubs FirstBird

D Ward Fraserburgh WestEnd; C McRae Fraserburgh & District; S Maskame Peterhead & District; G Wilson Devern Valley; R McKenzie Inverurie; A J Reid Keith; J Thomson Elgin& District; R Bain Buckie & District: Well done to D Ward on topping the federation and to G Wilson on winning the west section, George Duthie.

Joe’s Joke

A man was driving down the road, passed a traffic camera and saw it flash. Astounded that he had been caught speeding when he was within the speed limit, he turned round and, going even slower, he passed by the camera. Again he saw it flash. He could not believe it so he turned and going at a snail’s pace, he passed the camera. Again he saw the camera flash.He surmised it must have a fault and home he went. Four weeks later he received 3 traffic fines in the post, all for not wearing a seat belt.

Please continue tokeep the news flowing; to Joe Murphy Mystical Rose Cottage 2 Flutorum AvenueThornton by Kirkcaldy KY1 4BD or phone 01592 770331 or Email tojoejmurphy1@gmail.com REMEMBER THE J IN THE MIDDLE or you can also view onlineeditions on: www.elimarpigeons.com www.fancierchat.co.ukwww.pigeon-chat.co.uk - www.Pigeonbasics.com - Pigeon Racing theBasics! - thecanadianpigeoninternational.com www.internationalracingpigeon.com or

https://sites.google...alracingpigeon/

Who wish my weekly contribution portfolio on pigeon topicsfrom Scotland

© Compiled by Joe Murphy