Thought's On Extreme Distance Racing

BobW61

Hi Folks at this moment in time I don't keep or race pigeons hoping to re-start again....I originally started keeping pigeons in the early 70s...packed up for a short while in the 80s until I bought my first house about 86ish and raced them reasonable success right through to about 2003/4ish but unsociable working hours and losing interest I packed up...two attempts at re-starting recently but with the neighbours from hell both sides things didn't go to plan, but fingers crossed hoping to re-start again in the future, fancy a bash at the Nationals and maybe Extreme Distance what's your thoughts...distances between 500 and 800 plus miles...am I been a bit crazy or is this were the future of racing is?

Welcome back to the sport Bob. Which part of the U.K. are you racing to?

Plenty of racing up to 5-600mls in most regions. The extreme distance might be a bit more difficult to find and do.

When I eventually re-start I would be racing into Grimsby on the north east coast of Lincolnshire

You will get distance racing from Grimsby , Paul wooliss will keep you right .

Aye Paul had some great results at the distance, dunno if he still races mind, I've been out the scene a long time and lost touch these days.