The Joe Murphy Column 21/3/19

THE FIFER

The Joe Murphy Column

Received an e mail from David Liddle informing me that his club presentation took place recently he wrote the following, ‘Hi Joe, I hope you are keeping well and are recovered from your illness. The Forfar club held their trophy presentation at the Canmore Bowling Club when we were honoured to have the Scottish National Flying Club Reims winner John Wiseman as our guest of honour to present the trophies to our winning members. There was no disputing the top prize winner this year when Ian Scott was called forward to receive 13 trophies which included the Old Bird Average, Young Bird Average, Combined Average, 3 longest Old Bird and Young Bird Average, 1st x 6 race Average, Best Average Roye and Wakefield YB, Young Bird Points, Combined Points, 1st club Newark, 1st club Roye, Champion Old Bird, 1st yearling from Leicester and the 2 Bird Young Bird Average. To round off an outstanding season Ian also won 1st open SNFC Roye (which I covered in the BHW Stud Book and 2019 Squills Joe M). Dave Glen was next up to collect 5 trophies comprising of the Best Average; the 3 Longest Inland races, 1st club Leicester, 1st club Maidstone, the 2 bird Old Bird Average and 2 bird Combined Average. The partnership of Macaulay, Ferguson & Curran collected 3 trophies winning The Old Bird Points Trophy, 1st club Wakefield and the Highest Winning Velocity. Next up was Willie MacKnight who won 1st club Wakefield YB and also the Champion Young Bird trophy. The final trophy winner was Kenny Droog & Son who won 1st club Ripon YB. I have included some photographs taken on the night which hopefully are good enough for publication in your article. Joe could you please also mention that our Breeder Buyer Young Bird sale will be held in the Forfar club premises on Saturday 13th April at 13.00pm. Wishing you and Kevin all the best for the fore coming season kindest regards, David Liddle’.

4 National Winners

4 National Winners.JPG

Forfar Members

Forfar Members.JPG

John Wiseman & Davie Glen.

John Wiseman & Davie Glen.JPG

John Wiseman & Ian Scott

John Wiseman & Ian Scott.JPG

John Wiseman & Ken Droog

John Wiseman & Ken Droog.JPG

John Wiseman & Willie Macknight

John Wiseman & Willie Macknight.JPG

John Wiseman & Gavin Ferguson

John Wiseman & Gavin Ferguson.JPG

Good SNFC Birds

This week I start with a bird that has 3 top prizes in the first ½ dozen in Section E in the West of Scotland plus he also won 3 open prizes in the national,this blue bar cock SU15L8154 was raced by R Clark of Motherwell. He won twice from inland nationals as a 2 year old the first from Buckingham a distance of 289 miles when he won 5th section E 14th open competing against a convoy of 4170 birds entered by 495 members. He was then sent to the Bedhampton race point a distance of 363 miles to his home loft and he was again to the fore being 3rd section E 25th open flying against 6065 birds sent by 634 fanciers. Then in 2018 he was again in the topmost section prizes being 6th section E 111th open from Ypres a distance of 445 miles back to Motherwell competing against 2541 birds sent by 433 members.We now move a short distance to the town of Hamilton to the loft of Davie Allison who has a chequer cock SU16L5365 who has won 3 inland diplomas. As a yearling he won 36th section E 353rd open from Bedhampton a distance of 363 miles flying against 6065 birds sent by 634 fanciers. In 2018 he was entered into the Buckingham race a distance of 289 miles flying against 2941 birds sent by 441 members. He was then sent to the Maidstone race a distance of 369 miles and won 32nd section E but no open diploma flying against 3001 birds entered by 444 members. We now come to one of the top lofts in Pentlandhill federation Willie Kinnear & son who have a blue cock SU16P2517that won 3 times in the national in 2018. From the Buckingham race a distance of 284 miles competing against 2941 birds entered by 441 members and he won 28th section B 200th open. He then went to Maidstone a distance of 359 miles with a convoy of 3001 birds sent by 444 members and he won 17th section B 32nd open he was then sent over the channel to the Roye national with 186 members sending 747 birds and the blue cock was 8th section B 34th open flying a distance of 494 miles; another bird to lookout for on the national results during the 2019 season.

Joe’sJoke

A Scotsman lies dying; his wife is by his bedside. He says in a weakened voice "There is something I must confess." “Shhhh" said the wife,"there is nothing to confess.” She holds his hand and caresses his head. "Everything is all right" she whispers. "NO!!"the husband replied "I must die in peace... I had sex with your sister, your best friend, her best friend and your best friend's mum!" “I know," she whispered, "That's why I poisoned you. Now close your eyes.”

Pleasecontinue to keep the news flowing; to Joe Murphy Mystical Rose Cottage 2Flutorum Avenue Thornton by Kirkcaldy KY1 4BD or phone 01592 770331 or Email tojoejmurphy1@gmail.com REMEMBER THE J IN THE MIDDLE or you can also view onlineeditions on: www.elimarpigeons.com www.fancierchat.co.ukwww.pigeon-chat.co.uk - www.Pigeonbasics.com - Pigeon Racing theBasics! - thecanadianpigeoninternational.comwww.internationalracingpigeon.com or

https://sites.google...alracingpigeon/

Who wish my weekly contribution portfolio on pigeontopics from Scotland

©Compiled by Joe Murphy