Sad Passing,

dunc50

Really sorry to hear this and thoughts with Irene and the girls,Andy had some right good national birds when I first met him in the 70s "quarry lad" and "quarry producer"were top Rennes birds at the time for Andrew,I had a g/son of quarry lad which was a fantastic big silver mealy cock and remember excitedly timing him from Rennes about 10.30 I think the year "festival live circuit" won for Newcombe bros.

I would drop into Andys on the way home from training at the gow or coalburn and was always welcomed by the Lockharts with an ice lolly or a can of juice,Andy always had the news and before libline he was the guy who knew where the birds were in Lanarkshire at the big races,Willie Wilson,Jackie bunch wee Norman etc.

Myself and my dad were lucky enough to win the section at the gold cup and I will always remember us getting a lovely congratulations card through the post from Andy that was the type of guy he was,he had some smashing results at the national winning the section on more than one occasion and on phoning him to offer a big well done Andy would tell you it was pooled to two fivers his usual favourite.

A real family man,a gentleman and one hundred percent doorman,Andy you will be sadly missed by so many fanciers,rest in peace Andra. John Hood and family.