Inbreeding

eastcoaster

Do you think half brother to half sister is too close if not would ybs be better racers or breeders .

Also g/daughter to g/father what would be the best for those ybs ie breeding or racing.

I have followed a breeding pattern for 7/8 years mixing family's and weeding out those that don't conform but never went too close before so just interested in others thoughts .

Colin

Do you think half brother to half sister is too close if not would ybs be better racers or breeders .

Also g/daughter to g/father what would be the best for those ybs ie breeding or racing.

I have followed a breeding pattern for 7/8 years mixing family's and weeding out those that don't conform but never went too close before so just interested in others thoughts .

Colin

I paired half brother to half sister and had some promising results from them racing.At the end of the day it’s trial and error,all we can do is give them ago.

1/2 brother 1/2 sister is a popular mating here m8, i've had plenty of success with this mating. Ive also put nest mates together to produce stock birds.

Thanks del ,they are both of my young Alfie when paired to different hens and both late breds , thought both were hens but one is def a cock .

Will be interesting to see the ybs .

I8 HAVE PUT BROTHER TO SISTER WITH GREAT RESULTS THEY BRED A YB TO WIN FIRST FIFE SECOND REG YB SNFS AND 30TH OPEN YPRES 2016 170 OPEN BUCKINGHAM SNFC 2018 31 OPEN LIEGE GOLD CUP 3RD REG 2018 47 OPEN 14 REG ROYE 2018 ALSO WON SILVER AWARD 2018 BRED 19 OPEN 3REG BUCKINGHAM SNFC 2018 SO YOU CAN BRED GREAT BIRDS WITH INBREEDING

post-6279-15510056332299_thumb.jpg

Edited by WHITTY

I8 HAVE PUT BROTHER TO SISTER WITH GREAT RESULTS THEY BRED A YB TO WIN FIRST FIFE SECOND REG YB SNFS AND 30TH OPEN YPRES 2016 170 OPEN BUCKINGHAM SNFC 2018 31 OPEN LIEGE GOLD CUP 3RD REG 2018 47 OPEN 14 REG ROYE 2018 ALSO WON SILVER AWARD 2018 BRED 19 OPEN 3REG BUCKINGHAM SNFC 2018 SO YOU CAN BRED GREAT BIRDS WITH INBREEDING

Great results .

I knew inbreeding can be successful but because I am building my own team I have,nt got that far but now they are proving themselves I want to breed around them .

Thanks for the reply

The main thing with any breeding is to prove the pairing. Distance birds may take you a little longer depending on the family as to how far you can push them down the road and we also know the many perils they face whilst being proven, so it is much harder nowadays. The likes of Derek and Walter, as well as others, have the success, so I would definitely think that these pairings are feasible. :)

A big problem these days are the unpredictable returns. A Fed winner one week can be lost the week after, it does not give the fancier the chance to truly assess how good a pairings offspring are.

Happening all too often these days and not only during racing, good birds are going missing around the loft. I have a couple of half brother/half sister pairings to try out this season, looking forward to seeing the results.