Long Wait!

greenbar

Decided to replace a bed in one of my rooms.phoned the council about picking the old bed up.was told it would take up to 5weeks to pick it up.why the hell am I paying council tax

A fkn disgrace no wonder people flytip . This council mob about here no longer let transit size type vans into the coup only small vans allowed now.

Decided to replace a bed in one of my rooms.phoned the council about picking the old bed up.was told it would take up to 5weeks to pick it up.why the hell am I paying council tax

Tell them it's out on the pavement and they will pick it up.I had a similar experience about a month ago.I phoned for an uplift and was told to put it out for collection on the Thursday.The Thursday came ,but no collections I phoned next day to ask why it hadn't been lifted, to be told that I shouldn't have been told it would be lifted that Thursday as they were still catching up after Christmas and New year.However it was lifted on theFriday evening.

I would be careful putting it out unless council have agreed, me mum had a sofa n chairs to be collected and was told to put them out before 7am, at the time she worked nites so explained she wouldn't be home before 7 so would put it in the back street (with security gates the council have keys for) before she went to work. But was told if she put it out the nite before it would be classed as fly tipping and she would be fined!

Had a new boiler. I asked the fitter if it would be practical to put in the old one in the pigeon loft lol.

He said 'What ever … to store would cost nowt, to fit up a fortune lol

Any way I asked if he want it it… to take away. 'Not really' said he.

I said no problem, will leave outside on the wall and it will be gone in no time. Which we did.

He went back out to his vas 15 minutes later. Came back and said he couldn't believe it … but it had gone.

every thing here goes.

I put a large flat screen out placed against a wall. A lady knocked about 10 minutes later and asked if it worked. felt LIKE saying of course. But in the way now I've got a new one... but told the truth... has vertical lines.. But have another for that part but the engineer says be better to buy another one as the bother changing it would cost … unless I knew some one etc.

says she' Oh ok, thanks for telling me... it is a lot better than my old one. Any 20 minutes later it was gone. So I put out the other … it went before I closed the door lol.

Only thought was 'I hope that they don't bring them back lol.

Often see 'Free to any one' on stuff. Soon goes.

Edited by Roland

Went to mates garage yesterday. He was draining every drop of fluid from galleon drums into 40 galleon drums.

used to be burnt. Now illegal. Neither councils, local or county will take them. Searched high and low for help regards these drums now cluttering up valuable space in yard, where the cars need space.

Then saw last nigh on local news that 'Recycling has stayed about the same since 2010.

Places like Peterborough have huge cinerator's that burn galore at tremendous heat … You've guessed it, mate doesn't know it yet, but soon ALL will have to go there and be charged now. No wonder the Road side tips are doing so well. Cost 000's to clear away etc.

Mate - known for years and had some earlier pigeons off when I started up after moving - run a butchers shop. He also had a slaughtering licence. I used to get my tripe for the dog there in fact. then he told me it had to go to a … where ever!

Next thing to happen was that he wasn't allowed to slaughter any more and ALL slaughtering had to be done at certain places. Asking why he was told that he hadn't a license any more.

He stated he had, and that troy his son was fully qualified. Indeed he argued Troy had the highest license going!

Noy so they stated and closed it down... like every other one nigh!

6 weeks later they asked Troy to take responsibility for the slaughtering centre/// Yes you've guessed it BECAUSE he was the most qualified as could be. As the butchery was going to suffer from extra costs and time consuming acts they closed the shop and he took the job. Dad became a milkman. You couldn't make it up. It all boils down ro making money for the 'Ole Boys'!