Widowhood Cocks

neila

Looking for some help or advice

If you loft fly widowhood cocks and are able to train short to say 15 miles in the evening during the week between races would you show the hens on return or just allow them to trap to seed or the like

Would seeing the hens to often put them off but without seeing hens afterntraining how would you train them to understand the hen will be waiting on the Saturday

Knew a couple of lads who early season took their birds on short tosses back to the hen on a Friday afternoon then basket them for the race, another lad trained his back to the hens on a Thursday evening with no contact(with the hens) then just showed the nest bowls on Friday.They flew well and I've done it myself when I was keener.

See your point

On my system short tosses seemed to really improve the birds ,particularly for the early season and I was thinking it would help the yearlings

Sorry I should have added this wasn't on widowhood more spare system but like ybs on the sliding door

Knew a couple of lads who early season took their birds on short tosses back to the hen on a Friday afternoon then basket them for the race, another lad trained his back to the hens on a Thursday evening with no contact(with the hens) then just showed the nest bowls on Friday.They flew well and I've done it myself when I was keener.

Maybe I could take them Tuesday to Thursday but Tuesday and Wednesday they return to seed and Thursday the hens like you mention Alex

Thank you for the advice