Why?

REDCHEQHEN

So far so good this year, but last year had a latebred hammered by a cock that had got in the wrong box, it was the worst I had seen, my man wanted to dispose of him but I asked for a few days to see if we could get any healing, salt water bathed and then propolis applied daily, he's now a cracking young cock looking forward to training him this year. I use propolis any time we have an injury with the birds, also on a hen that pulls her own feathers at the start of the moult each year, works a treat.

I think my other half made a mistake - but I think he thought the other one was a hen - if only he'd asked, I think he paired up two cocks

The cock had gone in the wrong box and the door must have shut locking both cocks in, I had no list so didn't know what went where. List done to put on wall now, so atleast I'll know which boxes they belong to. It's an awful shock when you are confronted with an unexpected sight such as this.

Naw Andy its a stock hen. That result was of my own making I’m ashamed to admit. Decided I would put her to a new Ck this year. The day before the hen paired to the Ck last year got into the section and they re paired. I stupidly removed her one day and introduced that hen the next, Bad Management !!!

Should not have put her in with the Ck for at least a week and should have let them into the aviary first to make sure they had taken before she was even put into the box. Feckin eejit 🙈🙈