Snfc Agm

dal2

Ha ha propose it I've even phoned officials , I've tried ta get a race from OSLO for years , Louis McNally , tried on my behalf ta try and get a international race from Oslo , for a Masserella memorial ,international ,and take in Scotland France , Germany , Holland , Belgium , Wales , England , Ireland , just an open race ,surly the racing needs a bloody lift ta keep all interested in long distance races , but jonesy it appears all you guys take nose bleeds every time anybody mentions , a fly over a few miles of water ?

I’d race from the moon.. it makes no difference

But is a 300 mile over water race got the best interests of the birds at heart ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d race from the moon.. it makes no difference

But is a 300 mile over water race got the best interests of the birds at heart ? 💘 Jones when I was a fisherman I used ta train them from the f X f sectors 160 miles ta my loft in some horrible weather I've even let them go in snow & that was from the Bergen bank ,,,,40 miles from Norway I can't tell you if it's the best for bad doos , but I can certainly tell you it makes good doos , and Jonesy the best of a OSLO race exclude the abundance of perigan attacks , and the birds are coming from the east across water ,and when birds cross 300 miles of water there isn't any complaint of 40 + miles here and there it's a far truer race , and a far far better champion , worthy of holding the gold cup , and a good race for getting the North section birds ready for the longer races love it ?💖💖

You can count me oot for a start let’s face it who in there right mind would want there pigeons caught somewhere in the North Sea in total darkness get real expletive remove

OMG where in hell are birds , going ta be in the North Sea at night , you are bloody joking , birds released at 4 30 am ta 5 30 am 8 hrs they will be hitting land at 1200 ypm if you have done yer homework and yer birds are fit , why on earth should they be locked out over the North Sea , do Ye think that Stuart Maskame from Peterheads bird that won the yepres race dog legged or the second bird in the north section ,these 2 birds crossed the sea in a straight line , that's what birds do when in fantastic form , and should not be sent if yer in any doubt of getting them , but hey as Ye know its a national race if Ye have a bird that can only fly for a few hrs it should not be entered thanks , enjoy yer racing whatever ?🍻

You can count me oot for a start let’s face it who in there right mind would want there pigeons caught somewhere in the North Sea in total darkness get real expletive remove

. Why on earth are there going ta be birds caught in the North Sea , birds are no use if liberated as early as possible 4 30 am ta 5 30 ,from Oslo 3 30 PM is giving them 11 hrs and what we get of hrs of darkness in the NORTH SEC for our doos is 5 1/2 hrs , which is giving yer doos 18 1/2 hrs ta cross app 450 miles and it was a Edinburgh fancier that reduced the hour of darkness for the north section from 6 ta 5 1/2 hrs of darkness cruifying the long distance birds ,which I always said was the worst bloody decision ever made against pigeons & fanciers in the life time of pigeon racing , when knowing that birds being let up at France at 5, 6 ,7 am etc was adding on time that birds was absolutely criminaly stopped from homing by loss of day light , And this Oslo race would even that rule up as well giving yous yer own rule for yer , birds being forced ta fly in dark but hey thats fair , as we have been forced ta accept , so anyway we know there's not going ta be a OSLO LANARKSHIRE ,LAD ,GOLD CUP WINNER ,widna like ta see yer birds flying roon & roon a rig in the NORTH SEA enjoy yer 2019 racing 🌞

Our biggest problem is perrigrine attack coming up the road from france if they didn't make it from Oslo .there's more chance they didn't have it to begin with atb would love to see it go ahead .we will just go back down the same road an get half eaten birds home atb

Have the Irish been having successful racing across the sea the past few years ?

The new doos must like traveling in the geraldys now, rather that the old cattle trucks give them comfort next the don't want to come home, that is the same problem we have, they too have to change there flight path, but they still fly 500 mile over water

I live on Orkney and have worked in the artic circle in Norway, in summertime late June and July it does not get dark up here its the land of the midnight sun. We have all night barbies, as the sun goes down in the west its already rising in the east I would not mind a crack at an Oslo race. What ever race point there will all ways be people who lose out by position but the north fanciers are really humped by the Liege point, Broughty ferry same dist as Falkirk dearie me. The fine pigeon that scored into Dundee from this point surely flew a lot of north sea to do the velocity it did. At some point liege birds will be released in a wind that forces them to cross at Den Helder or up into Denmark and the northern fanciers will clean up the central belt will get hammered and the gold cup will be returned smartly to France.

I live on Orkney and have worked in the artic circle in Norway, in summertime late June and July it does not get dark up here its the land of the midnight sun. We have all night barbies, as the sun goes down in the west its already rising in the east I would not mind a crack at an Oslo race. What ever race point there will all ways be people who lose out by position but the north fanciers are really humped by the Liege point, Broughty ferry same dist as Falkirk dearie me. The fine pigeon that scored into Dundee from this point surely flew a lot of north sea to do the velocity it did. At some point liege birds will be released in a wind that forces them to cross at Den Helder or up into Denmark and the northern fanciers will clean up the central belt will get hammered and the gold cup will be returned smartly to France.

. Yer right john no one in the north section complained about racing Averanches 622 mls Rennes ,661mls Nantes, 723 mls what we had ta de was use Hastings 500 MPs as a trainer , for the extreme races , don't get me wrong Hastings was a great race for our yearlings for our blue ribbon fed race, and was the race everybody liked ta get a good bird , but I can't say how many, 500 mile birds you time and send them ta 600 + miles and there none starters , but john I know there's a few in Orkney would like a bash at OSLO , and I bet y would time them on the day as once there over water there is only one thing in a fit pigeons head is its home , what they don't understand is there's too many fanciers breeding off that great sprinters , that's the demise of distance pigeons happy new year John X

John only the deluded would disagree that the lads up North are up against it from Liege, the section C winner St Finnan Grace was the pigeon you refer to and was actually flying into the west of Fife.

Yes pigeon racing is not a fair sport and yes some lads pat themselves on the back and blow their trumpet even when they are aware they live in an area with a great advantage. However we all love the feeling of elation in our own backyard when timing from the S.N.F.C. races regardless of distance or location that's how it should be.

These pigeons display qualities evolved over the years from recent ancestors who have raced and passed down better overall physical features etc than average, features which we are unable to see, yes the characteristics of the champion pigeon evades the human eye. Even in the hand there are certain features we are unable to grasp or agree on. This of course is a big attraction to the sport nothing is simple if it was we would lose interest.

Most would agree a superior immune system, the ability of accuracy in navigation a must have for long distance pigeons, This is where Genetics come into play, top distance racers are never ill a day in their lives, if this transpires we then should have a long hard look in the mirror.

The genetic package that these birds have is thanks to generation upon generation of pigeons raced from 500 to 775 miles.

We have had gruelling races in the past but this is the pruning of the rose as it were,pigeons have to tough it out.

A racing pigeon with the ideal body contours is described as pear shaped not too deep or shallow and should taper down gradually towards the tail attachment which looks like one tail feather whilst in flight.

When a pigeon is in motion, the air should pass over it with the least resistance possible,hence the importance of feather quality, try flicking a piece of paper along a dull table then one highly polished.

The pigeons ability to control the body during motion, through wind and rain is what helps to define the elite birds, particularly at national level. The ability to maintain postural stability and orientation while the body is in motion for long hours a test only the elite will regularly accomplish.This I think of as akin to a swimmer swimming upstream and navigating between obstacles how courageous are those who fly like this all day and then the next if need be and still do good velocities.

Year after year we see pigeons with those advantageous traits derived from genetic predisposition survive and procreate, passing along those genes, as a form of evolutionary natural selection. Within the SNFC we have these families of distance pigeons let us not endanger their progression by curtailing real distance racing in Scotland rather embrace the challenge as the greats of the past.

The Scottish National Flying Club has been a great platform to enable the creation of distance birds evolved over the years and we must not consider any trend that would endanger this. Things like advances in nutrition, environment are all to the benefit of our pigeons,if we truly want long distance racing in the future we can't afford to lose years of hard work by the stalwarts of long distance racing into Scotland. Oslo why not.

John only the deluded would disagree that the lads up North are up against it from Liege, the section C winner St Finnan Grace was the pigeon you refer to and was actually flying into the west of Fife.

Yes pigeon racing is not a fair sport and yes some lads pat themselves on the back and blow their trumpet even when they are aware they live in an area with a great advantage. However we all love the feeling of elation in our own backyard when timing from the S.N.F.C. races regardless of distance or location that's how it should be.

These pigeons display qualities evolved over the years from recent ancestors who have raced and passed down better overall physical features etc than average, features which we are unable to see, yes the characteristics of the champion pigeon evades the human eye. Even in the hand there are certain features we are unable to grasp or agree on. This of course is a big attraction to the sport nothing is simple if it was we would lose interest.

Most would agree a superior immune system, the ability of accuracy in navigation a must have for long distance pigeons, This is where Genetics come into play, top distance racers are never ill a day in their lives, if this transpires we then should have a long hard look in the mirror.

The genetic package that these birds have is thanks to generation upon generation of pigeons raced from 500 to 775 miles.

We have had gruelling races in the past but this is the pruning of the rose as it were,pigeons have to tough it out.

A racing pigeon with the ideal body contours is described as pear shaped not too deep or shallow and should taper down gradually towards the tail attachment which looks like one tail feather whilst in flight.

When a pigeon is in motion, the air should pass over it with the least resistance possible,hence the importance of feather quality, try flicking a piece of paper along a dull table then one highly polished.

The pigeons ability to control the body during motion, through wind and rain is what helps to define the elite birds, particularly at national level. The ability to maintain postural stability and orientation while the body is in motion for long hours a test only the elite will regularly accomplish.This I think of as akin to a swimmer swimming upstream and navigating between obstacles how courageous are those who fly like this all day and then the next if need be and still do good velocities.

Year after year we see pigeons with those advantageous traits derived from genetic predisposition survive and procreate, passing along those genes, as a form of evolutionary natural selection. Within the SNFC we have these families of distance pigeons let us not endanger their progression by curtailing real distance racing in Scotland rather embrace the challenge as the greats of the past.

The Scottish National Flying Club has been a great platform to enable the creation of distance birds evolved over the years and we must not consider any trend that would endanger this. Things like advances in nutrition, environment are all to the benefit of our pigeons,if we truly want long distance racing in the future we can't afford to lose years of hard work by the stalwarts of long distance racing into Scotland. Oslo why not.

Well said mate to add to a Oslo race every bird has the chance to starburst right from the liberation and head straight for its own line of flight not big masses of birds the first 150 mile of a race

Excellent post. :)

Reading this I think some are living in la la land as regards distance racing region G has sent less than 50 birds to the longest race since 2010 and timed 4 birds the good old days are over just enjoy your doos atb

No it's you that's living in co co land is 600 miles not long distance may y are flying further than that , but I can certainly yer talking rubbish

Awesome can a be your pal ðŸ‘ðŸ‘👠how much 600 mile diplomas do you want me ta post up from year 2010 will I photo stat them and I know Jim Donaldson has a lot , and Gordon willox has a good few but please don't be ridiculous in down grading the long distance birds , and there would be a lot more that was locked out by 8 & 9 am liberation S adding hrs of darkness on ta the birds , now arronview , that's why the OSLO , race would be just perfect ta see what is happening , ta our pigeons year in year out , hrs of darkness kills the chance of birds getting home and getting a fair go the next day if not libed as early as possible not having ta rise and face a lot further fly than they should as birds know how far they have ta go closer they are ta home they will rise earlier , OK pal ?

For some who don't know.5o'clock Rock,1st Open Snfc flying 622 mls beating the 2nd place bird by 135ypm,must have flown most of the 622 mls on her own.it can be done but if some are happy with a 1st from Dunbar so be it.WELL DONE WALTER.

I’d be happy with a first from Dunbar ...Infact if there was a race from the bottom of my street I’d be happy if I won it. It’s called being competitive. Dunno why distance fanciers always try and slate the sprint men. In sprint racing every fancier only really relates to the winner which is usually 1k plus birdage but in national racing ye could be 6th section and ye get folk saying that’s a cracking doo that. For me it’s all about trying to top the entire convoy and due to loft location it’s hard for me to do in national racing ... but if I send to any race that is my ambition. Nothing less.

IMO Its so damned refreshing to see a man from up this way Walter trying to come up with an idea to level the playing field between the borders and up here ,its a long time since i got a bird from Sartily even then not enough times worth mentioning but yes i remember my elation i felt when it hit the roof .Now this race from Oslo i think it would bring in a few more entrys trying this race ,as i said a man coming up with a new idea to stirr interest and thats the trouble with this game to many happy to keep things the way they are and not getting new ideas off the ground because of a few self interested fowk .Well done Walter.

IMO Its so damned refreshing to see a man from up this way Walter trying to come up with an idea to level the playing field between the borders and up here ,its a long time since i got a bird from Sartily even then not enough times worth mentioning but yes i remember my elation i felt when it hit the roof .Now this race from Oslo i think it would bring in a few more entrys trying this race ,as i said a man coming up with a new idea to stirr interest and thats the trouble with this game to many happy to keep things the way they are and not getting new ideas off the ground because of a few self interested fowk .Well done Walter.

They should put proposals in and go in the agm instead of leaving it to the self interested folk,