Pigeon Life Rings 2019

cemetary

Why is the certain pigeon organisations charging members different price for life rings, not naming any organisation's but hell, half the price or less than.

What's your views on this then.

As they say in life buy cheap, cost dear in the long run, is this a true statement in life.

Would be interesting to hear what the pigeon guys on the forum thinks.

Mind no arguing its xmas time, wait until the big fella has been and its all over, :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I think the problems arise when youngsters get lost, when they carry an SHU ring they can be sorted out into a stray basket according to fed initials and and be sent up to their area relatively simply .If they have an english ring on lord knows where they end up but it could be trouble to get them home'certainly name or phone rings can be fitted but there seem to be people about who are happy to steal a chip ring off a bird and for their own reasons take an address ring off as well. Many people who report birds are not fanciers and don't think to look for wing stamps.I was asked about this matter in my own club It is surprising that guys would spend hundreds on stock birds then quibble about a few coppers on the price of a ring, when the money is going to their own union or fed which would have to raise fees for all fanciers to cover shortfalls in income.

Many reasons I think.

Let's assume they all cost the same to produce.

Different sized organisations place different sized orders resulting in different cost to the organisation.

Different sized organisations can put them out cheaper because their income structure is different. More members means more income from membership, less to make up from elsewhere.

Different sized organisations have different staffing and office requirements therefore completely different income / expenditure requirements.

There will be more I am sure. :)

I think the problems arise when youngsters get lost, when they carry an SHU ring they can be sorted out into a stray basket according to fed initials and and be sent up to their area relatively simply .If they have an english ring on lord knows where they end up but it could be trouble to get them home'certainly name or phone rings can be fitted but there seem to be people about who are happy to steal a chip ring off a bird and for their own reasons take an address ring off as well. Many people who report birds are not fanciers and don't think to look for wing stamps.I was asked about this matter in my own club It is surprising that guys would spend hundreds on stock birds then quibble about a few coppers on the price of a ring, when the money is going to their own union or fed which would have to raise fees for all fanciers to cover shortfalls in income.

Surly wingstamps which are now compulsary in Scotland should overcome this .

Surly wingstamps which are now compulsary in Scotland should overcome this .

Wingstamps are no longer compulsory Charlie. It changed at this December AGM. It is now wing stamps or ID Rings that are compulsory. It was discussed and agreed that non-fanciers would be more likely to see and use info from ID rings because they may not know to look for wing stamps.

Members of all SHU Clubs must have personal or Club contact telephone details on all their young birds in the form of an ID ring or wing stamp.

This is the new rule. :)

Why is the certain pigeon organisations charging members different price for life rings, not naming any organisation's but hell, half the price or less than.

As they say in life buy cheap, cost dear in the long run, is this a true statement in life.

Mind no arguing its xmas time, wait until the big fella has been and its all over, :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

i use NWHU RINGS lot cheaper free transfers and superb service never have any probs getting them back all are wing stamped and stray centre takes all strays not just SHU

i use NWHU RINGS lot cheaper free transfers and superb service never have any probs getting them back all are wing stamped and stray centre takes all strays not just SHU

i do the same for that reason . although usually buy 10 from club/fed too . i was disapointed in 2014 when the previous years SU rings were cracking and splitting :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Wingstamps are no longer compulsory Charlie. It changed at this December AGM. It is now wing stamps or ID Rings that are compulsory. It was discussed and agreed that non-fanciers would be more likely to see and use info from ID rings because they may not know to look for wing stamps.

Members of all SHU Clubs must have personal or Club contact telephone details on all their young birds in the form of an ID ring or wing stamp.

This is

the new rule. :)

Same sceneario , wingstanp/ personalized ring / telephone ring all the same.

get the doo home is the priority not the politics of what union its ring belong too

i do the same for that reason . although usually buy 10 from club/fed too . i was disapointed in 2014 when the previous years SU rings were cracking and splitting :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Me and the wife vaccinated our doos yesterday i noticed a few splits in rings on different year birds .

If your paying a price for something and find it at least half price somewhere else, why wouldn’t you buy it cheaper? Through a false sense of some loyalty to a organisation?

This is the new rule. :)

ID or wing stamp compulsory, but you can’t put them thru National marking with either ?

Same sceneario , wingstanp/ personalized ring / telephone ring all the same.

get the doo home is the priority not the politics of what union its ring belong too

The previous rule didn't allow ID rings, but they have been added because they are more visual for the non-fancier. :)

ID or wing stamp compulsory, but you can’t put them thru National marking with either ?

YB's must have either, no matter the organisation. SNFC is a SHU Club, so must comply and SNRPC is a RPRA club. I'm sure RPRA rules state they must carry ID. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

I’m almost positive birds can’t go thru at SNFC marking with wing stamps or telephone rings..

Ive both an SHU and RPRA member

Went through all this last year.

SNFC is not a law unto itself. SNFC is a SHU club and must follow SHU rules.

If you are refused, all it requires is a complaint to SHU. The only way round for SNFC is for all marking stations to have SNFC wing stamps bearing Mary's phone number. If they use these, then they could insist that any other ID be removed. This way if someone gets a young bird in, they would be phoning Mary and not the fancier, so no chance of an early retreival and clocking at the finders premises.

If you are refused, all it requires is a complaint to SHU. The only way round for SNFC is for all marking stations to have SNFC wing stamps bearing Mary's phone number. If they use these, then they could insist that any other ID be removed. This way if someone gets a young bird in, they would be phoning Mary and not the fancier, so no chance of an early retreival and clocking at the finders premises.

I’ve never been refused as I don’t wing stamp my birds or use phone rings

A rule is a rule. Enforcement is another matter.

The rule was brought in to show that pigeon fanciers are responsible and care about their pigeons, making all attempt to ease their safe return should they become lost. There are an awful lot of "do-gooders" around and we must be sure there is no way they are able to point the finger at the racing pigeon fraternity. :)

THEY CANT STICK TO THEIR OWN RULES FACT.smile.gif

SHU only make the governing rules, they do not enforce them unless it is brought to them as a complaint. At that time they then have to step up to the plate.

Whether they do or not is a moot point to be argued by them who know.

Rules should be used as guidlines, not as battering rams. The problem is that some use them as battering rams to meet their own ends. When that happens, ill feeling ensues.

What we should be doing is interpreting the intention behind the rule and working together to meet that purpose.

However, this thread is meant to be about Life Rings, not about ID rings. :)

SNFC Race Rules (22) Birds stamped with owners name,address and telephone number will not be allowed to compete. Such birds will be Basketed without being race marked and entry fee forfeited.

This rule is contrary to SHU rules and would therefore fail at a SHU tribunal.

At one time this rule would have been OK, but last year SHU rules changed and that change over-rules this SNFC rule. This year the SHU fine tuned their rule.

The SNFC and all other SHU clubs have to update their rules to keep them in line with the SHU which are the governing body in Scotland, I use the term very loosely.

Enough about rules, what about Life Rings?

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts