G And C Koopman

neila

Do any members know what the base of the Koopmans was or is , I did read that they contain some van loon blood but just interested in what other families was used to make the strain

I have 5 koopman based birds from a friend but can find a great deal of info on the base of the family most reports seem to focus on the fanciers methods etc

If you type Koopman Pigeons into your search engine you will get their history. "Koopman history 80 years" I see Mariman and Janssen are mentioned at the start. Good luck. :emoticon-0167-beer:

Thanks jake

I have had a look , fair bit of reading it does seem the van loon line is the main family in them although they do look a little different to the planet van loons as I remember them

... Amongst others crossed in Hebberecht, Van hove Uytterhoeven , Albert Marcelis , Ludo Neefs, De Rauw Sablon, Meulemans from a number of sources. Jos Maris .

The long distance lines Kuypers, Pieren, Bullens (the red bullens line will be a new big thing), Wijnants

But the base of Van Loon, Janssen , Van Dyke (golden lady) and Rijckaert . Many lines but to be fair at the core Is but a few of the birds line bred with the crosses.

... Amongst others crossed in Hebberecht, Van hove Uytterhoeven , Albert Marcelis , Ludo Neefs, De Rauw Sablon, Meulemans from a number of sources. Jos Maris .

The long distance lines Kuypers, Pieren, Bullens (the red bullens line will be a new big thing), Wijnants

But the base of Van Loon, Janssen , Van Dyke (golden lady) and Rijckaert . Many lines but to be fair at the core Is but a few of the birds line bred with the crosses.

That's great information ,thank you

Thanks lads

van loon had a few different strains and actually only had one line that really excelled as with all continental fanciers they bought the best they could obtain from different fanciers and after putting them in their loft they became whatever name the purchaser was called this practice went on for years and still goes on today