Shu Sale 2018

Kyleakin Lofts

The winner of Lot 5, jakie, has contacted Tom Corrie direct. He has not communicated via the auction organiser. From conversation with Tom, it appears that his conversations and my received PM's, are similar enough to allow Tom to release the pigeon to jakie.

Any future auction organised by me, Kyleakin Lofts, will refuse all bids from jakie.

Just read the details in full. Tom hasn’t released any pigeon as it’s not even been rung yet. Jakie paid his money owed. It’s a good cause and the fella paid for his lot. To slander him and call him out on here for not following your desired protocol is a bit harsh. If he didn’t pay and made contact direct with the seller it would be a different matter. If you want to bit so nit picky you should have some terms and conditions on your sale.

Did he pay for his lot or has he taken the bird without paying what was owed?

Payment was made very quickly without problem and the pigeon is not available until next year.

I am absolving myself of any responsibility in the matter having spoken with the vendor, who is happy to accept that jakie and the guy phoning him are one and the same person. I have never had this problem before when organising an auction.

When I take part in an auction, I understand the organiser will require some details. I am cautious about my personal details, so understand jakie's reluctance to share them, but do not understand why he would not share them in this instance. I feel he placed me in a predicament by so doing and I am not willing to accept bids from him again for this reason. Anyone who knows me, and jakie doesn't, so I accept that I am a stranger to him, knows that I always do my best to be above board in all matters. Even in this public auction, I organised auditors before the sale. They will check and witness the posting of the cheque to Linda at the SHU office. Just the way I conduct these matters.

I won't post my trademark smile since it offends jakie.