Fair Play

Should we and is it fair to be sending unlimited number of pigeons to every race.Its certainly discouraging a lot of fanciers and it’s time to set a maximum number that can compete for the 1st Position s and the Silverware.In football we play 11against 11 or race the Coe efficient system for all the Championships simaler to the Golden Duif.

Should we and is it fair to be sending unlimited number of pigeons to every race.Its certainly discouraging a lot of fanciers and it’s time to set a maximum number that can compete for the 1st Position s and the Silverware.In football we play 11against 11 or race the Coe efficient system for all the Championships simaler to the Golden Duif.

I raced in Liverpool last year and had a bird limit of 32, you could send as many extras you liked, at a price per bird and the extras wouldn’t count on the result.

We had up to 15 members sending each week and had good birdcage and enjoyable racing, some clubs now only have a few members so would be sendin small birdage, if there was a limit, smaller clubs joining together and having a bird limit would be a good move.

25 birds per member due to basket space in Fecham....you can get more away depending on what other members send

I raced in Liverpool last year and had a bird limit of 32, you could send as many extras you liked, at a price per bird and the extras wouldn’t count on the result.

We had up to 15 members sending each week and had good birdcage and enjoyable racing, some clubs now only have a few members so would be sendin small birdage, if there was a limit, smaller clubs joining together and having a bird limit would be a good move.

Thanks for your response but Sending extra is unfair and gives unfair advantage with the Drag!!!!!

so if everyone was to send smaller amount or number the amount u can send to keep it fair then who's going to cover the transport money wen there is not enough money there to cover the costs then it going to put the price up to race ur birds up ie birdage go's up or membership fee go up or my be both in the danderhall club u can send as many as u want but u need to nominate 10 pigeon every wk u can change them ever wk witch we call them the starry pigeon they r the only birds that win trophy's

Thanks for your response but Sending extra is unfair and gives unfair advantage with the Drag!!!!!

There was only 2 members in the club that sent extras, maximum 15 each, majority sent 25-30 each week, I sent the limit once, The ones who did send extras, didn’t win most of the races.

all these mob flyers wont want it cut down to that number andy or the feds they will want to rake the birdage money in so they will

jamie all these mob flyers keep the price down of birdage if less birds more money will go on birdage think andy is winding people up with fair play only way this will happen is in one loft races so go put yer birds intae wan andy :drinking-coffee-200:

Would fair play not involve everyone paying their fair share of expenses and taking their fair share of duties.

Those that only fly a handful of birds expect to send their birds hundreds of miles for a couple of quid, try taking them that distance yourself.

Others vote vociferously for a Fed programme and never send, leaving others to burden the costs.

With dwindling membership numbers is it not time to share the main expense, ie transport costs.

Limiting birdage will only increase the individual cost overall, unless transporter space dictates otherwise.

Some progressive Feds work out their running costs annually and charge each member accordingly, this happens in most sporting organisations where all members burden the costs.

“Fair play†is usually in the mind of the individual and normally reflects their own circumstances. It takes a more holistic viewpoint to

separate needs from wants and to look objectively, whilst not biting the hand that feeds them.

Don't hamper others who want to keep more than yourself, remember they keep the costs down and in some cases provide most of the winners, not because

they send more but because some of them are actually better than others.

Would fair play not involve everyone paying their fair share of expenses and taking their fair share of duties.

Those that only fly a handful of birds expect to send their birds hundreds of miles for a couple of quid, try taking them that distance yourself.

Others vote vociferously for a Fed programme and never send, leaving others to burden the costs.

With dwindling membership numbers is it not time to share the main expense, ie transport costs.

Limiting birdage will only increase the individual cost overall, unless transporter space dictates otherwise.

Some progressive Feds work out their running costs annually and charge each member accordingly, this happens in most sporting organisations where all members burden the costs.

“Fair play†is usually in the mind of the individual and normally reflects their own circumstances. It takes a more holistic viewpoint to

separate needs from wants and to look objectively, whilst not biting the hand that feeds them.

Don't hamper others who want to keep more than yourself, remember they keep the costs down and in some cases provide most of the winners, not because

they send more but because some of them are actually better than others.

Good post.

This is what I try to do with my Fed and I expect most treasurers endeavour to do, however, sometimes the members don't like to hear or pay what is required. My Fed actively fundraises to subsidise member costs, as do others, but again, not all support our efforts whilst all benefit from them. :)

jamie all these mob flyers keep the price down of birdage if less birds more money will go on birdage think andy is winding people up with fair play only way this will happen is in one loft races so go put yer birds intae wan andy

Fair comment but why not in the case of our Federation off load one of our transporters and as you are commercially aware would go a long way to reducing overheads and get back to the level playing field 11V11.

jamie all these mob flyers keep the price down of birdage if less birds more money will go on birdage think andy is winding people up with fair play only way this will happen is in one loft races so go put yer birds intae wan andy

Fair comment but why not in the case of our Federation off load one of our transporters and as you are commercially aware would go a long way to reducing overheads and get back to the level playing field 11V11.

as i said only way for a level playing field is one loft racing andy pigeon racing is so unfair it depends on location as you KNOW :animatedpigeons:

Mr T I’m not winding anyone up it’s only my opinion and it’s one of the main reason,s for the decline in members.Its sad that in most clubs only a handful are able to compete for the majors.Unfortunately many are getting less and less motivated to the detriment of our sport .Its all about quality pigeons not quantity and playing on a level playing field and without the new blood our sport is slowing dying.👎

Mr T I’m not winding anyone up it’s only my opinion and it’s one of the main reason,s for the decline in members.Its sad that in most clubs only a handful are able to compete for the majors.Unfortunately many are getting less and less motivated to the detriment of our sport .Its all about quality pigeons not quantity and playing on a level playing field and without the new blood our sport is slowing dying.👎

andy the top guys will still win its easy tae sort you can only time two birds thats it sorted in yer club :drinking-coffee-200:

andy the top guys will still win its easy tae sort you can only time two birds thats it sorted in yer club :drinking-coffee-200:

Ok but thats not the answer, its about the pigeons nominated on a race sheet ,eg, All members should send how many they like but just nominate 5 say each to count for race ,and then yes clock in yer first two birds ,thats fair playing field ,not racing with odds say 4to1 against ,but hey you know and you know that a lot of guys dont want it fair ,As for me i accept what it is because if you dont theres no point in entering a club etc.

yes and in some organisations all paying the same entry fee no matter how much birds entered, (good post m8)

so if everyone was to send smaller amount or number the amount u can send to keep it fair then who's going to cover the transport money wen there is not enough money there to cover the costs then it going to put the price up to race ur birds up ie birdage go's up or membership fee go up or my be both in the danderhall club u can send as many as u want but u need to nominate 10 pigeon every wk u can change them ever wk witch we call them the starry pigeon they r the only birds that win trophy's

some feds like my one. pay up front for the cost of the transporter, so no problem all members are paying whether they fly or not, but this also includes unlimited birdage, my thoughts are there should be a limit on the birdage under this , then pay for anymore,( every one pays for every race up front whether they go or not) by all means pay for the transporter, but bird entries paid for per bird, (this is just my veiw not getting into arguments and its a majority desission which i always acept, )