Thoughts On Systems

neila

Just wonder what site members feel regarding widowhood cocks and roundabout cocks or any system where both partners race

My question really is I often hear that hens beat the cocks regular on roundabout etc ,but I wonder for that was more due to the cocks not always having a hen at home on return rather than he fact that the hens are better.do the cocks not race fully in the way a widowhood cock would .

Does anyone race a team of true widowhood cocks against a team of roundabouts or any system where both partners race and if so what are your findings

Of course more than happy to here others thoughts on the subject

I always race both but do wonder what oit would be like to race 10 of my 20 cocks to stay at home hems

We raced just cocks and they were dynamite short stuff with the hens at home waiting in the box. Felt we were wasting hens so raced a roundabout system...cocks again to the fore early on then hens at the longer races. Felt that we weren't getting the most out of ALL the birds later in the season so raced celibate until the water races....then tweaked it again.....systems should suit yerself one man's way might not work for anybody else.

We raced just cocks and they were dynamite short stuff with the hens at home waiting in the box. Felt we were wasting hens so raced a roundabout system...cocks again to the fore early on then hens at the longer races. Felt that we weren't getting the most out of ALL the birds later in the season so raced celibate until the water races....then tweaked it again.....systems should suit yerself one man's way might not work for anybody else.

Thanks for the post

I race both sexes w/hood cocks and hens that fly and trap to their own loft, on race days the hens trap to the cocks loft. The hens have done most of the winning although they arrive together the hens usually beat the cocks on the trap.I usually leave one of each sex at home for the first arrivals.

I race both sexes w/hood cocks and hens that fly and trap to their own loft, on race days the hens trap to the cocks loft. The hens have done most of the winning although they arrive together the hens usually beat the cocks on the trap.I usually leave one of each sex at home for the first arrivals.

That's how I do it Alex

Just was thinking a true team of widowhood cocks would put perform the cocks where the partners race as well

neila I forgot to mention that I leave the pairs together for half an hour before basketing, the hens race better for me this way but it may put the cocks off though.

When I do that my cocks do not perform as well as when I turn the bowl and basket ,so it could be your right that brings the hens on

I race them natural to the nest and do ok with both cocks and hens.

The system will adapt to you and just as important you will adapt to the system

I would have to train 40 miles a day if I flew natural against the widowhood men here to make the fed sheet regular most of our races are sprints

Do you train a lot mate ?

Be interested in your weekly system

We prefer Widowhood either with cocks or hens but there mates don’t race they come back home to there partner every week

I’ve flown roundabout with success but we feel 1 lot spoils the other normally the hens are better than the cocks

Natural can and would still be successful aswell

Most important thing you need more than the system you flying is Good Pigeons !!

Well Neila,i am mulling over same thoughts ,up here you cant touch lads in club without a system natural is finished in club racing, any way at this present time i am going to go with cocks ,if i lose a cock the hen will go next week along with remaining cocks,thats what i am thinking just now .

Well Neila,i am mulling over same thoughts ,up here you cant touch lads in club without a system natural is finished in club racing, any way at this present time i am going to go with cocks ,if i lose a cock the hen will go next week along with remaining cocks,thats what i am thinking just now .

What's your plans weekly for the hens that are not going to races but could well be the following week , are going to loft fly or train them etc

think about iy phil if your racing cocks and you send a hen, if you get a few and the hen is among them they will land and chase her all over , no trap, stick to cocks only,

Hey Davey its Phil frae Turry yer speakin till ,and i can tell you i never get a few here the gither LOL !! :animatedpigeons: