Pigeonbasics Forum: Champion Young Bird Of 2018 - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Champion Young Bird Of 2018 Is this not the champion young bird of 2018? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   walterbmasson 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-August 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 13:49 PM

Attached File  image.jpeg (368.14K)
Number of downloads: 51

Is this not the best young bird of 2018 flying 400 mile with a gaping 2 inch hole in its side winning first north section, and finishing up 27th Scottish national flying club 1084 birds, I would like the Scottish homing Union to give the details of the pigeon that won the mr and Mrs murphies trophy for best young bird performance, every fancier that held her said that pigeon was winning the national without that injury taking nothing away from W Bilsons pigeon, thank you

#2 User is offline   bigjamie 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,603
  • Joined: 3-August 09

Posted 17 November 2018 - 13:58 PM

that bird is class walter to finnish 1st north section 27th open with a hole in it like that mate shows you what its made of mate to me thats the bird of the race

#3 User is offline   Mossgiel 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 634
  • Joined: 9-September 12

Posted 17 November 2018 - 14:25 PM

View Postwalterbmasson, on 17 November 2018 - 13:49 PM, said:

Attachment image.jpeg

Is this not the best young bird of 2018 flying 400 mile with a gaping 2 inch hole in its side winning first north section, and finishing up 27th Scottish national flying club 1084 birds, I would like the Scottish homing Union to give the details of the pigeon that won the mr and Mrs murphies trophy for best young bird performance, every fancier that held her said that pigeon was winning the national without that injury taking nothing away from W Bilsons pigeon, thank you


Game pigeon Walter :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Details of the pigeon that won the Mr & Mrs Murphy trophy are in Joe Murphy's column this week.

#4 User is offline   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,108
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 17 November 2018 - 14:44 PM

Did you nominate it Walter

#5 User is offline   walterbmasson 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-August 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 14:54 PM

View Postbigjamie, on 17 November 2018 - 14:58 PM, said:

that bird is class walter to finnish 1st north section 27th open with a hole in it like that mate shows you what its made of mate to me thats the bird of the race

Well Jamie there's about 12 fanciers at least thT has handed the pigeon , and all said what a performance , I've had some fantastic performances in my time winning every section in SNFC winning 1 st open SNFC this year 1st &4th Battle 480 miles 90th 130 th Open SNFC Ypres 511 miles 27 th & 60 Th OPEN Buckingham nearly 400 miles , without even thinking I know what bird I would pick for a champion , even 5 days when Alex Rae verified this pigeon the gaping hole looked terrible , and this was stated in the snfc notes in BHW by Mary Thompson that this bird came home with a massive hole in her side which I had a few hours getting the wound stopped bleeding the president of the North fed came down ta see her on the Sunday we tried ta stitch her but there was nothing left ta stitch so we filled it with sudocream , but ha Jamie I never claim for a throphy , but the condition this bird homed it was just showing the respect she deserved but I wait and see the brilliant performance the pigeons that did beat this champion young hen must really be worth a read

#6 User is offline   clockman 

  • Distance fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,527
  • Joined: 9-March 10
  • LocationCamperdown,Dundee
  • Club:Downfield Friendly RPC S.N.F.C.

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:00 PM

The best signal performance y/bird is the Unikon trophy ,,

Mr & Mrs Murphy is for performances (going by the shu website,)
Always wear a mask before its to late.

#7 User is offline   bigjamie 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,603
  • Joined: 3-August 09

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:16 PM

i know the bird that won the award topped the lanarkshire fed and won the section one week aswell walter and was 13th section 15th open ripon ybs 157 mls

#8 User is offline   walterbmasson 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-August 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:22 PM

View Postdal2, on 17 November 2018 - 15:44 PM, said:

Did you nominate it Walter

Yes said must be in for 30th October Stephen this bird was knocked out of the sky , Colin McRae Robert White Allan Geddes from Peterhead said the same that bird was well out in front but see the wound in picture I've been in pigeons for 50 years and hand on heart that is one bloody game bird not just ta get home but win the sec and 27 th open God only knows what she would have achieved

#9 User is offline   Dooheed 5 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,107
  • Joined: 21-July 11
  • LocationPeterhead
  • Club:Peterhead & District RPC & SNFC

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:23 PM

View Postclockman, on 17 November 2018 - 15:00 PM, said:

The best signal performance y/bird is the Unikon trophy ,,

Mr & Mrs Murphy is for performances (going by the shu website,)

Going by the report in Joes column it states the Unikon Trophy for outstanding performance by a young bird was won by a YEARLING cock of Billy McEwan Jnr of Dundee ???
"Pain is temporary but GLORY IS FOREVER"

#10 User is offline   clockman 

  • Distance fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,527
  • Joined: 9-March 10
  • LocationCamperdown,Dundee
  • Club:Downfield Friendly RPC S.N.F.C.

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:38 PM

View PostDooheed 5, on 17 November 2018 - 15:23 PM, said:

Going by the report in Joes column it states the Unikon Trophy for outstanding performance by a young bird was won by a YEARLING cock of Billy McEwan Jnr of Dundee ???


Seen that , also Ypres but that was a 2 y/old. Some mix up
Always wear a mask before its to late.

#11 User is offline   walterbmasson 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-August 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 15:38 PM

View Postbigjamie, on 17 November 2018 - 16:16 PM, said:

i know the bird that won the award topped the lanarkshire fed and won the section one week aswell walter and was 13th section 15th open ripon ybs 157 mls

I would not have entered a bird for a fed race 157 miles 13 th sec 15 th open fed Jamie I just use the fed for training not for best performance put ma wee hen away next day we crutches and would have achieved that if that is the supreme efforts of young birds time was giving up as if yer claiming that a 157 ml Lanarkshire fed race is more important than the SNFC extreme distances 400ml on the shift 1t club 1st fed 1st section 27th open SNFC thanks Jamie for that info pal .

#12 User is offline   George IV 

  • Hatchling
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 14-February 18
  • Club:None

Posted 17 November 2018 - 16:27 PM

Walter you certainly have a courageous bird but before you go off on one could you answer a few questions ?

In #5 you state you don't claim for trophies.do you ?

In #8 you state you claimed but the closing date was 30 th Oct Did you miss this date ?

Did you claim for the correct trophy ? No doubt you would have won the Unikon trophy.

GWP's pigeon won a series of prizes, 1st Fed being one of them, read the whole list.

Just like show judging the winner was only somebodies opinion.

#13 User is offline   bigjamie 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,603
  • Joined: 3-August 09

Posted 17 November 2018 - 17:07 PM

that wee bird of yours is worth its weight in gold walter the distance alone it had to fly plus a big hole in her body gosh she is a hardy one mate

#14 User is offline   Dooheed 5 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,107
  • Joined: 21-July 11
  • LocationPeterhead
  • Club:Peterhead & District RPC & SNFC

Posted 17 November 2018 - 17:37 PM

View Postwalterbmasson, on 17 November 2018 - 15:22 PM, said:

Yes said must be in for 30th October Stephen this bird was knocked out of the sky , Colin McRae Robert White Allan Geddes from Peterhead said the same that bird was well out in front but see the wound in picture I've been in pigeons for 50 years and hand on heart that is one bloody game bird not just ta get home but win the sec and 27 th open God only knows what she would have achieved

Walter yer Doo was the Best Single Performance by a Young bird in Scotland 2018 No question about it !!
"Pain is temporary but GLORY IS FOREVER"

#15 User is offline   tiger 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,332
  • Joined: 17-October 09

Posted 17 November 2018 - 17:54 PM

View PostDooheed 5, on 17 November 2018 - 16:37 PM, said:

Walter yer Doo was the Best Single Performance by a Young bird in Scotland 2018 No question about it !!



Correct

#16 User is online   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 38,283
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 17 November 2018 - 18:12 PM

View Postwalterbmasson, on 17 November 2018 - 13:49 PM, said:

Attachment image.jpeg

Is this not the best young bird of 2018 flying 400 mile with a gaping 2 inch hole in its side winning first north section, and finishing up 27th Scottish national flying club 1084 birds, I would like the Scottish homing Union to give the details of the pigeon that won the mr and Mrs murphies trophy for best young bird performance, every fancier that held her said that pigeon was winning the national without that injury taking nothing away from W Bilsons pigeon, thank you


that bird deserves a crown, a top bird,
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

forum@pigeonbasics.com




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#17 User is offline   walterbmasson 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-August 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 18:28 PM

View PostGeorge IV, on 17 November 2018 - 17:27 PM, said:

Walter you certainly have a courageous bird but before you go off on one could you answer a few questions ?

In #5 you state you don't claim for trophies.do you ?

In #8 you state you claimed but the closing date was 30 th Oct Did you miss this date ?

Did you claim for the correct trophy ? No doubt you would have won the Unikon trophy.

GWP's pigeon won a series of prizes, 1st Fed being one of them, read the whole list.

Just like show judging the winner was only somebodies opinion.

George I've over 50 trophy S in my out house not for 2&3 &4 hundred miles every one is 5 - 6 - or 7 + miles anyone can come and see in fact most fanciers in our fed has see them this is not about a trophy I've one the section 7 times 2nd 6 times and lots of others in first 10 in section open 1st open Avranches open 622 miles 29th open clairmont 601 miles 41 st open Exeter 500 miles 55th open falaise 611miles 78th open Nantes 723 miles 98thopen Nantes 723 miles 125 th open Rennes 125th open 661 miles 129th open sartilly 617 miles 139th open sartilly 617 miles and can mention many more in 2009 I clocked 16 day birds from Hastings 500 miles 1st 4th 5th fed with more on the fed list also on the same day clocked one from Ypers 511 finishing 3 or 4th sec every year these birds put up good performances and never trained due ta ill health , Well George it said best performance yb if there is ever been a yb that has put up a better performance than this I want ta hear about it , You said you state you don't claim for thropies well the only one I can think of was the DEWARS whiskey , and the OSMANS which was for winning the SNFC BY 2 hrs , but George i don't need trophy S that's why I've mentioned the above but I was very shocked that any fancier could have missed this hen out , and by the way George I can easy write out another 20 snfc positions in the fist 200 which I think was good positions but not for claiming best performances , but will leave it at that going on 76 year old now so won't be claiming any more best performance trophy S if that was in time of war and that a bird came home in that state it would have won a Dickens medal not a mr & Mrs j Murphy and I am not on here belittle ping anyone's birds far from it as I have helped more fanciers get started than most and never charge a penny thanks George hope I haven't bored you ,have a good 2019 racing

#18 User is offline   George IV 

  • Hatchling
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 14-February 18
  • Club:None

Posted 17 November 2018 - 19:41 PM

Walter yes you are probably right about the Dickens Medal !!!

No dispute about a courageous pigeon and a top class owner.

You will just have to find out who was on the judging panel.

As I said you should have won the Unikon Trophy.

#19 User is offline   tommy bhoys 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,540
  • Joined: 17-September 13
  • Club:blantyre greenfield WSCC hamilton independent SNFC SNRPC

Posted 17 November 2018 - 21:47 PM

View PostGeorge IV, on 17 November 2018 - 19:41 PM, said:

Walter yes you are probably right about the Dickens Medal !!!

No dispute about a courageous pigeon and a top class owner.

You will just have to find out who was on the judging panel.

As I said you should have won the Unikon Trophy.

stopped \applying for these trophys myself after i thot my bird had better results than the winner :emoticon-0179-headbang:

#20 User is offline   novo10 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 2,977
  • Joined: 29-March 10

Posted 17 November 2018 - 21:47 PM

View Postbigjamie, on 17 November 2018 - 13:58 PM, said:

that bird is class walter to finnish 1st north section 27th open with a hole in it like that mate shows you what its made of mate to me thats the bird of the race

Jamie our young hen 3x1st 2x2nd 1x3rd 5th and 10th twice beating lanarkshire convoy last 2 races we never even entered her

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders