The Effects Of Brexit On Channel Racing

BIGPETE

If this whole Brexit thing goes ahead what are the implications for Channel racing? What was it like back in the day before we joined the Euro, can any older chaps share their thoughts and experience? If there saying it’s going to take cargo a lot longer to reach and depart, would that potentially mean more paperwork and more time delays and pigeons in the baskets for longer? Could this potentially re ignite North Road racing within the UK?

If this whole Brexit thing goes ahead what are the implications for Channel racing? What was it like back in the day before we joined the Euro, can any older chaps share their thoughts and experience? If there saying it’s going to take cargo a lot longer to reach and depart, would that potentially mean more paperwork and more time delays and pigeons in the baskets for longer? Could this potentially re ignite North Road racing within the UK?

During the sixties/seventies when I flew in Liverpool with the Northwest Combine I can't recall any problems with channel races I think the earliest marking was Wednesday but will stand corrected on that.

Only know if you were a truck owner and had to deliver goods, you have to drive all the way to Russia as you are not allowed to sell in any part of Europe think all them lorry drivers loosing there jobs for rail freight or boat