Race Results For 2018 Season

REDCHEQHEN

For me (and my other half) - they were good (for us!)

Young birds - well we haven't won a young bird race since around 2012 when we topped the fed

and we haven't improved this year either - we had a 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and a 10th, all different races - with a fed card or two which is better than last year! We did have good returns though (so I suppose you can't have it all)

But old birds - we're picking up 4 cups!

Admittedly all surrounding the two wins we had - in the first channel race and the last channel race

So we were 1st Burbure (winning club by 13 minutes) and 1st Ypres ( also winning club by 13 minutes) with a yearling hen

so we get the yearling cup, and the best average from the two shortest channel races cup

We didn't get ANY cups last year

We were 2nd club Chelmsford

Eastbourne we were 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th & 11th club - 8th fed, 138th combine 18,545 Birds

Burbure - 1st & 4th club

Then we had a quiet spell and took the birds to the vet, bouncing back for the last two old bird races!

2nd club Oakham - 8th fed (same 2 year old hen who took 8th fed Eastbourne)

and the following week 1st club Ypres with a yearling hen who was 11th fed, 186th combine 8,775 Birds

One of the best seasons we have had in the last ten years!

How has everybody else done?

Well done.

My results are crap as usual, but for me the only way is up. :D

On the positive, I have the start of a team with some little experience to race south. After a disastrous season north two years ago, possibly due to a loft change, both new loft and slightly different position, I also have the start of a new north team. :)

For me (and my other half) - they were good (for us!)

Young birds - well we haven't won a young bird race since around 2012 when we topped the fed

and we haven't improved this year either - we had a 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and a 10th, all different races - with a fed card or two which is better than last year! We did have good returns though (so I suppose you can't have it all)

But old birds - we're picking up 4 cups!

Admittedly all surrounding the two wins we had - in the first channel race and the last channel race

So we were 1st Burbure (winning club by 13 minutes) and 1st Ypres ( also winning club by 13 minutes) with a yearling hen

so we get the yearling cup, and the best average from the two shortest channel races cup

We didn't get ANY cups last year

We were 2nd club Chelmsford

Eastbourne we were 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th & 11th club - 8th fed, 138th combine 18,545 Birds

Burbure - 1st & 4th club

Then we had a quiet spell and took the birds to the vet, bouncing back for the last two old bird races!

2nd club Oakham - 8th fed (same 2 year old hen who took 8th fed Eastbourne)

and the following week 1st club Ypres with a yearling hen who was 11th fed, 186th combine 8,775 Birds

One of the best seasons we have had in the last ten years!

How has everybody else done?

well done , good to hear reports like this, interesting