Su 17 A 9710

tommy bhoys

This pigeon is a 2018 YB belonging to Ardeer club Colin Nicol 07729055643. Ayrshire clubs were forced to take 2017 rings to put on 2018 YBS as they had rings left.

We weren’t forced in Dalry Graham. We all volunteered to take our share as the outgoing Federation Secretary decided to leave us with yet another expense by ordering 2000 rings the Federation didn’t need. It was a responsible action to take a proportionate share and help the Federation financially.

Our secretary was basically told we had to take our share of old rings whether we wanted to or not.We didn’t volunteer.

Graham, I can name at least one member in my club who didn’t accept the 2017 rings. Although approved by the SHU to race as youngsters in 2018 this member was afraid that they would be ineligible for showing as youngsters in 2018. He enjoys his shows so refused the 2017 rings.

I've got 200 or 300 left over from 2016, slightly less from 2017 and less again from 2018. Perhaps I'll be allowed to use up my 2018 rings next year. Then again, that will increase my leftover 2019 rings, but I could use them in 2020. When will it end? :D

Andy , please don’t distract from the fact that this was a deliberate ploy in 2017 to further deplete the Federation funds by an outgoing office bearer.

As far as your excess rings are concerned you need to order more prudently.

There will always be rings available from the SHU for those who require them should there be none available at Federation level.

My only problem was would they have been accepted for any of the young bird nationals.

That was always a grey area. It didn’t bother me as I had no intention of entering the Young Bird National.

However, I found that I had to check all ring numbers when training to avoid sending genuine yearlings.

By the way I hope the stray arrives ho:e safely.

Andy , please don’t distract from the fact that this was a deliberate ploy in 2017 to further deplete the Federation funds by an outgoing office bearer.

As far as your excess rings are concerned you need to order more prudently.

There will always be rings available from the SHU for those who require them should there be none available at Federation level.

Tongue in cheek Robert. A big difference between 2000 and 200. I am bringing mine into order. The problem for the North Road is when we have an influx of members. They have to take rings from their previous year's organisation since they were ordered from there, but when I order more to cover them and they leave us, we seem to be left with the excess. It will not happen again on my watch. As you say, the SHU has plenty.

Main point, I hope the pigeon is returned home safely. :)