She Suggest A Holiday In Belgium..............

Upsndoons

So the 'boss' was debating holidays next year and out of the blue suggested we could go to Belgium for a week, cos it looks interesting. She is very supportive of my hobby but not an ardent fancier. So, the question is I might be able to sneak in a 'day out' to a loft to learn a bit more about Belgium flyer, their birds and the clubs, but who would have us and would they be happy to see us for a visit ?

The breeding station and commercial lofts are not what I am interested in, something smaller and local with maybe distance birds and method would be interesting.

I am thinking someone who friendly and hopefully English speaking.

Any thoughts or suggestions lol .

(Or I will have to take her round all the good shops and historic towns and sites)

Cheers

Dave

Where you are going would dictate although Belgium is a small country and you have time to plan.

Brugge would be my choice. it’s a beautiful small town (Leuven a university town is also nice)

Ghent is underrated most people know Antwerp !

If you tell me what town you are thinking and what you mean by long distance (I know it sounds strange but up to 500 miles or say the Internationals) I will try to put you in touch with a local fancier to these towns who speaks English.

I have found The best loft visits don’t come from the most famous lofts.

Where you are going would dictate although Belgium is a small country and you have time to plan.

Brugge would be my choice. it’s a beautiful small town (Leuven a university town is also nice)

Ghent is underrated most people know Antwerp !

If you tell me what town you are thinking and what you mean by long distance (I know it sounds strange but up to 500 miles or say the Internationals) I will try to put you in touch with a local fancier to these towns who speaks English.

I have found The best loft visits don’t come from the most famous lofts.

Can I PM you

Cheers

Dave

Lucky man! Mine refused to go with me when I suggested it. Lol

It's a lovely country, I suppose it depends on where you want to go and are based from. If you are near Ypres I would try asking some of the SNFC committee who their contacts are over there as the birds are very well looked after I'm told.

If you go and you have time nothing to do with pigeons. Try and visit the town of Ypres where the Flanders museum and Menin gate are situated. Museum visit during the day and the service at the gate are something worth seeing.It really hits home what these guys went through during WW1.

If you go and you have time nothing to do with pigeons. Try and visit the town of Ypres where the Flanders museum and Menin gate are situated. Museum visit during the day and the service at the gate are something worth seeing.It really hits home what these guys went through during WW1.

Yes, the Menin Gate is something to experience, 100 years on and everything still stops in the road till the last post has been played. There is also a shop in the town now run by the CWGC to give advice to people wishing information on the wargraves.

Poperinge is also lovely, and if your into your history, it's where our army shot the poor buggers for desertion. The post is still there I believe.

If your wife likes the coast La Panne is nice, as is Knokke Heist.

Anyways, enjoy the break.