Mould On Droppings

eastcoaster

How does mould appear on the birds droppings after a few days ?

One loft has panel heater because of dampness from the tree,s

One loft is brick built with Avery

Also found that droppings in Avery have it too

All different lofts and types but all got mould on droppings .

Birds in fantastic order but the thing is it is not on all perching area,s ?

?

Dampness causes it or if your birds have been treated with an antibiotic then their droppings, if left , will grow mould on them.

Have a humidity control heater in one loft so no damp there and never had antibiotics or any medication all year.

Hi Colin

Protein level is to high in your feeding

Cheers

Homer 49

I was thinking that as I introduced them onto beans mixed with barley and seed .

Thanks

If you google Melbourne Pigeon Vet. under latest articles there's a long article on Fungi and Pigeons.

Thanks will look it up .

Have a feeling I mentioned this once before on here , just curious as some perches had it others not but in all lofts all different types facing different directions .

Had this problem many years ago and was told it was poor ventilation due to a lack of air movement. As you know I feed quite a lot of beans and never seen mould on their droppings even when not scraping out as rigorously lately. Quite sure you will sort it out through observation and I have my heater panel set at 90% humidity.

How does mould appear on the birds droppings after a few days ?

One loft has panel heater because of dampness from the tree,s

One loft is brick built with Avery

Also found that droppings in Avery have it too

All different lofts and types but all got mould on droppings .

Birds in fantastic order but the thing is it is not on all perching area,s ?

?

clean your loft out more often in winter as its more damp and dropping dont dry out every 5 days is perfect and you wont see any mould think you would know this eastender :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I had this two years ago

I closed my bottom vents at the front of the loft just left the top , and reduced the gap at the back from 4 inch to one inch ,then I built out over the boxes by about a foot so the air flow wasn't dropping right in front of the birds and no more mould

Good post ,

Think it holds the answer that high and low humidity can cause it , it has never concerned me too much but only some perches have it !

I have 48 perching area,s and mold on 5 so have closed those 5 boxes and noted where those birds perch just to see if it's the birds or where they perch ie draft,airflow .

Good post ,

Think it holds the answer that high and low humidity can cause it , it has never concerned me too much but only some perches have it !

I have 48 perching area,s and mold on 5 so have closed those 5 boxes and noted where those birds perch just to see if it's the birds or where they perch ie draft,airflow .

yer lofts damp eastender :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: