Shu

Froog

rings will be available from the shu office as soon as they are received and sorted this could be early december its all down to supplier delivering them yes its to keep in line with other unions :animatedpigeons:

Just keep to the shu rules and dont worry about other unions, only sheep do what others do, no ring should be giving out in december,

I agree with you we don’t agree with everything . So just stick to the Shu rules.

Its SHU who are releasing them early? are they breaking their own rules?

rings will be available from the shu office as soon as they are received and sorted this could be early december its all down to supplier delivering them yes its to keep in line with other unions :animatedpigeons:

Cheers for the reply :drinking-coffee-200:

Just keep to the shu rules and dont worry about other unions, only sheep do what others do, no ring should be giving out in december,

I agree with this Davy, but it seems the market rules. The worst culprit is NWHU. They release them really early. The other Unions have decided to follow suite and the SHU would be the "odd one out" If you add to that fact that our rings are more expensive then the decision to release them earlier becomes more understandable.

I don't know where it started, but SHU only has two income streams of any significance. Membership and Life rings. If the cost of rings was reduced, membership would have to increase to cover the deficit. It seems a balance has been struck and now a new balance is required. Market forces, pure and simple.

In reality, it probably won't be any different since we always struggle to have the rings delivered on time. :)

I agree with this Davy, but it seems the market rules. The worst culprit is NWHU. They release them really early. The other Unions have decided to follow suite and the SHU would be the "odd one out" If you add to that fact that our rings are more expensive then the decision to release them earlier becomes more understandable.

I don't know where it started, but SHU only has two income streams of any significance. Membership and Life rings. If the cost of rings was reduced, membership would have to increase to cover the deficit. It seems a balance has been struck and now a new balance is required. Market forces, pure and simple.

In reality, it probably won't be any different since we always struggle to have the rings delivered on time. :)

maybe they should look at the employee head count Andy with the way the membership has dropped in recent years

maybe they should look at the employee head count Andy with the way the membership has dropped in recent years

It has to come Alan, but it is a thorny subject. The good news is that the long awaited computer system is due for release 2019 and this will be much more user reliant. Once it is released and we see what it looks like and just what it is capable of doing, perhaps then costs may be able to be cut. :)

Surely common sense and non rule bending by every single union the length and breadth of the UK should be passed as law

How can a pigeon rung in December 2018 be classed as a 2019 youngbird

If the Shu issued rings in January for use on that years youngbirds then eligible to compete at club federation and national level , if all unions followed by the rule of law then youngsters would not be competing against birds bred the previous year

Yearlings for the use of a better word

Why have rules when they are being manipulated for personal gain or advantage

If the NWHU rings are the problem easy way to stop it is to ban NWHU rings for yb racing, problem solved

That is exactly what should happen. Fractionalisation is the problem. The WHU attempted this, but the RPRA have followed the NWHU. If all the Confederation members had backed the WHU then the ban on racing NWHU YB's would have happened. Maybe still not too late, but not for 2019. :)

or maybe feds leave shu and join nwhu that would also sort it out

Don't know the politics, but it appears the NWHU are the outlaws. :)

That is exactly what should happen. Fractionalisation is the problem. The WHU attempted this, but the RPRA have followed the NWHU. If all the Confederation members had backed the WHU then the ban on racing NWHU YB's would have happened. Maybe still not too late, but not for 2019. :)

Don't know the politics, but it appears the NWHU are the outlaws. :)

Robin Hood was was an outlaw too, outlaws are what made our modern day society

cant see wat the big issue is here if they cant get shu rings they will get English one so it makes no difference if someone is goin to breed early they will so if the shu put them out early they can start getting the money they are losing throw not put the ring out early but to be honest I don't think breeding a few weeks earlier will make a big difference with ppl on darkness & lightness systems now that just my opinion

Frankly I want to give my birds the best chance of returning home from racing and if breeding a couple of weeks early helps them to do so because their thought process is more mature then I’m happy to breed a few weeks early.

Forget about all the moral high ground about not racing in the year of their birth we should be thinking about the birds welfare.

Another thought on breeding early is that it gives the flexibility to bring young bird racing forward avoiding the peak peregrine killing season.

Oh and on a purely personal note it gives me a focus during the long winter months.