Shu

Froog

Frankly I want to give my birds the best chance of returning home from racing and if breeding a couple of weeks early helps them to do so because their thought process is more mature then I’m happy to breed a few weeks early.

Forget about all the moral high ground about not racing in the year of their birth we should be thinking about the birds welfare.

Another thought on breeding early is that it gives the flexibility to bring young bird racing forward avoiding the peak peregrine killing season.

Oh and on a purely personal note it gives me a focus during the long winter months.

Robert, this is about the only valid reason for such a move and it ties in with Derek Hays thread regarding YB racing time for a change.

This is the first year I have raced YB's and it was terrible. I will find out if it was of any use to these YB's next year when I compare them to the un-raced Late-breds. Until then I shall keep my own council. :)

That is exactly what should happen. Fractionalisation is the problem. The WHU attempted this, but the RPRA have followed the NWHU. If all the Confederation members had backed the WHU then the ban on racing NWHU YB's would have happened. Maybe still not too late, but not for 2019. :)

Don't know the politics, but it appears the NWHU are the outlaws. :)

If the nwhu are outlaws and in the wrong why is the shu following suit? Surely it wouldn’t do something wrong just because some other union does? Surely it would do its best for them memebers and not just think of getting rid of more rings?

Robert, this is about the only valid reason for such a move and it ties in with Derek Hays thread regarding YB racing time for a change.

This is the first year I have raced YB's and it was terrible. I will find out if it was of any use to these YB's next year when I compare them to the un-raced Late-breds. Until then I shall keep my own council. :)

Andy, on the contrary there are many benefits to breeding early youngsters.

1 they are smarter and more able to think their way home when split from the batch by a falcon or other circumstance.

2 They will have developed a greater love of home.

3 their early birth provides more opportunities to train them for those who wish to educate them.

4 as natural darkness they will have completed a body moult and be well feathered for racing.

5 sexual maturity gives a guide to which bird should be nominated for competitions such as the Dalry H S Challenge.

6 last but by no means least they will have had the opportunity to develop an adult immune system before being subjected to the rigours of mass transportation and all the nasties that involves.

I do know that , in my own Federation, there was a proposal to bring young bird racing forward by 2 weeks in an effort to avoid peAk peregrine killing times. This was defeated because,i assume, it was contrary to how our grandfathers had raced pigeons. Enough said from me.

That is exactly what should happen. Fractionalisation is the problem. The WHU attempted this, but the RPRA have followed the NWHU. If all the Confederation members had backed the WHU then the ban on racing NWHU YB's would have happened. Maybe still not too late, but not for 2019. :)

Don't know the politics, but it appears the NWHU are the outlaws. :)

Do the SHU really believe the reason members are buying rings from NWHU is because they release rings early? Perhaps the reason might be that they are far cheaper. I know from personal experience that the cost of a ring from NWHU is almost a third of the cost against buying rings from SHU as I am an individual member, really don't know why I should have to pay supplemented price for rings just because I am not a member of a club, I would be happy to pay the same price as local flyers. Principles make me buy cheaper rings as I don't like to be taken advantage of. Perhaps SHU are shooting themselves in the foot?

Do the SHU really believe the reason members are buying rings from NWHU is because they release rings early? Perhaps the reason might be that they are far cheaper. I know from personal experience that the cost of a ring from NWHU is almost a third of the cost against buying rings from SHU as I am an individual member, really don't know why I should have to pay supplemented price for rings just because I am not a member of a club, I would be happy to pay the same price as local flyers. Principles make me buy cheaper rings as I don't like to be taken advantage of. Perhaps SHU are shooting themselves in the foot?

bottom line is its 15p a ring no fee for transfers £3.50 for membership and the NWHU service is spot on with 1 guy running it part time and a far larger membership and this is the reason they formed their own union fed up being dictated to by the RPRA that's y the RPRA have tried to persecuted them bit like EU against the UK

bottom line is its 15p a ring no fee for transfers £3.50 for membership and the NWHU service is spot on with 1 guy running it part time and a far larger membership and this is the reason they formed their own union fed up being dictated to by the RPRA that's y the RPRA have tried to persecuted them bit like EU against the UK

well i support my club and fed with buying rings from them which also supports the union so each to there own

well i support my club and fed with buying rings from them which also supports the union so each to there own

ROCK ON TOMMYBHOY. Every body pays their money and should be able to do whatever they want :drinking-coffee-200: . Too many cvnts bothered about what other peeps are doing rather than getting their own business sorted out :)

and I wont be ripped off Tommy and I don't buy them to breed in November

You could just stop printing year on rings problem solved LOL buy yer rings when you like, race young or old doos when you like within programe ofcourse,breed when you like ,hey ho everyone happy.

that's an option I suppose lol

O think we should stick the old way not issued before the 5th January .I race youngsters against yearlings most of the time .

most are like yearlings anyway Stewart with them being on darkness or light systems