Gerdon 1

Colin8

Having lost 3ybs to dreaded young bird sickness,thankfully there have been no more,for the last 2weeks,I have got a bottle of gerdon 1to use as a preventative,does any one else use it for the same reason

Is there such a thing as preventive ,after being treated maybe some thing in water to save cross contamination would be important IMO

Having lost 3ybs to dreaded young bird sickness,thankfully there have been no more,for the last 2weeks,I have got a bottle of gerdon 1to use as a preventative,does any one else use it for the same reason

Would think its more than young bird sickness killing your birds I would say salmonella typhus dieing quick

According to the bottle,it sterilizes the water

That would be imo important ,I think if you get it you get it nothing to prevent it ( cross fingers i had it once ) cleaned out section ,withdrew feed for 48 hrs ,put potasium permanganate in drinking water ,disposed of a couple ,and then weaned them back onto condtioner then ordinary feed ,i would say it took 3 weeks to be flying properly again .