Xmas Race 2018

Delboy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Xmas race marking will take place at Bonnybridge H.S , Dunure Crescent, BONNYBRIDGE on Saturday at 6pm. The weather forecast isn't the greatest but we will get a race on Sunday. I'll text everybody with these details, please reply with 'ok' so I know you have the info.

Cheers, Del

Ok, ladies and gents. I've been in the doos a long time and I know a wee bit about the game. Nobody needs to tell me we should've had a race today as the weather is horrendous tomorrow and not the best on Sunday BUT we couldn't race today. Why? we had 4 dates to have the race and they were the 8th, 9th, 15th or 16th December. The last chance is the 16th and that's all the options available to me. If i'd had the race today, someone would've complained that they were working and that it wasn't in the remit to have a race on this date . Flexibility is the key to success in racing pigeons but i'm afraid we haven't got this for this event. Nobody thinks that we need a hall, convoyer, trailer available for all these dates as well, never mind any other date. Anyway, as it stands just now, we are marking tomorrow night at 6pm for a race on Sunday 16th, pos lib at 10am. FINGERS CROSSED WE CAN ACHIEVE THIS. A FINAL UPDATE WILL BE ON PIGEON BASICS TOMORROW AT 12 NOON.

Del

A big well done Derek and your team. It is not an easy thing to organise and unless you have been involved in organising events, you may not appreciate all he complications that can arise.

Again, well done and good luck to all taking part. I hope you have a successful race. :)

Ok, ladies and gents. I've been in the doos a long time and I know a wee bit about the game. Nobody needs to tell me we should've had a race today as the weather is horrendous tomorrow and not the best on Sunday BUT we couldn't race today. Why? we had 4 dates to have the race and they were the 8th, 9th, 15th or 16th December. The last chance is the 16th and that's all the options available to me. If i'd had the race today, someone would've complained that they were working and that it wasn't in the remit to have a race on this date . Flexibility is the key to success in racing pigeons but i'm afraid we haven't got this for this event. Nobody thinks that we need a hall, convoyer, trailer available for all these dates as well, never mind any other date. Anyway, as it stands just now, we are marking tomorrow night at 6pm for a race on Sunday 16th, pos lib at 10am. FINGERS CROSSED WE CAN ACHIEVE THIS. A FINAL UPDATE WILL BE ON PIGEON BASICS TOMORROW AT 12 NOON.

Del

Well done Derek, hope all goes well for Sunday afternoon :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Good luck with your race

Cheers John, hope yer feeling a bit better.

Marking is at 6pm tonight as already planned. Please remember to pay by cash as this lets me pay the money out immediately after the race. Last year, most had their result and prize money in their hands a couple of days after the race and id like to do the same this year. See you tonight, cheers Del