Ideas For The Snfc

Delboy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, 18/ 22 birds per basket, no less than 18,

2, photo 15 mins before lib to sure weather good, to race control team [ as kenny young done this year for me], thanks again kenny,

3, do away with lib line,

4, dont agree with central marking, unfair on the folk who have a long distance to travel,

5, no feed for me 2 hours before lib,[ worst idea out of them all] dont want my pigeons flying with seed in them, long as they keep topping up the water all the time,

6, get a 600ml race back into central scotland,

7, nothing 2 do with nat, but all feds should have same race programme, and join up as soon as possible on one transporter rather than all going there self with half empty wagons, and this would stop most scottish feds clashing with each other,

7, get more folk to help at marking stations,

Security of all marking stations to be upped

Make the gold cup around 450-480 to the central belt......get a long race of 600 for the brave lads

What about OSLO Stephen that is a race point that will wet yer lips , tried y we this I think it was in 2009 but y all took diarrhoea , but as y say yer needing a challenge for the Gold CUP , there's one thing Stephen it will be a true champion and even the Orkeny lads will give it a go , never got much feed back the last time , hey all you guys needing a good challenge throw yer hats in at the AGM For a real GOLD CUP RACE ?

What about OSLO Stephen that is a race point that will wet yer lips , tried y we this I think it was in 2009 but y all took diarrhoea , but as y say yer needing a challenge for the Gold CUP , there's one thing Stephen it will be a true champion and even the Orkeny lads will give it a go , never got much feed back the last time , hey all you guys needing a good challenge throw yer hats in at the AGM For a real GOLD CUP RACE ?

Nah it's still no for me Walter pal. My idea to shorten the gold cup is for more entries and better returns and is deffo not to belittle distance flying

No bop to destroyed the returns great idea

On the original subject about improving, I think we could save a lot of money on postage by emailing members the result, we could ask members to provide email details and the members who don't still get a posted result, (maybe give the ones that do a discounted membership?) personally I never look at the printed result sent as I have already seen it online like 90% of the members,I do think the archived results on the web page should have page one on them, the birdage, pools, lib time and wind details on them.

I think this would save a lot on postage all correspondence except the year book and cheques could be emailed, saving the postage bill, thoughts?

No bop to destroyed the returns great idea

I think that too Bobby and y get 600 miles from OSLO , and 300 miles of water now that would be a worthy champion ,bring it on . .

And Bobby why not go ta the Faroese for the sprinters like Stephen dal Well with in his 480 miles mark that's a change 444 miles ta Edinburgh Stephen will ba chapping at the bit for that as a NATIONAL SPRINTERS DELIGHT ?

Yes a put it on here last year .as we all know our biggest problem is bop and our birds are travelling through Britain getting hammered every few miles .their is no perrigrinnes sitting on steeples an hills waiting on there dinner out in the north sea .yes its a long water distance an maybe weather an wind but no bop until we hit land.nobody has a lot off birds to go distances anymore ask yourself why.IMO it can't be any worse.

Yes a put it on here last year .as we all know our biggest problem is bop and our birds are travelling through Britain getting hammered every few miles .their is no perrigrinnes sitting on steeples an hills waiting on there dinner out in the north sea .yes its a long water distance an maybe weather an wind but no bop until we hit land.nobody has a lot off birds to go distances anymore ask yourself why.IMO it can't be any worse.

Doos up to my gaff aren’t expected to hit land until there home ??

Four SNFC races per season, O/B distances to Central Belt

1.First week in June 430 miles (Ypres, Arras).

2.3rd week in June 550 miles (Reims or Rennes alternate years).

3.1st week in July 600 plus with another organisation to assist with costs (Troyes)

4.3rd week in July 500 miles (Roye)

Forget inland Nationals!

When federations get to the 280 mile stage of their programme then the country should be split in 2. East and West with one federation from each area transporting the pigeons, also the same at 350 miles. The facilities are already in place to do this with Lanarkshire and Pentland having the capabilities to transport the pigeons. You would then have a Semi National or an Amalgamation, (call it what you want) for 2 weekends of the season. This can also apply for a young bird race too.

On the original subject about improving, I think we could save a lot of money on postage by emailing members the result, we could ask members to provide email details and the members who don't still get a posted result, (maybe give the ones that do a discounted membership?) personally I never look at the printed result sent as I have already seen it online like 90% of the members,I do think the archived results on the web page should have page one on them, the birdage, pools, lib time and wind details on them.

I think this would save a lot on postage all correspondence except the year book and cheques could be emailed, saving the postage bill, thoughts?

Good points , I brought these points up at a SNFC committee meeting many ears ago but there are so many more members have email addresses nowadays, it is deffo a goer.

Obviously up the land of Britain Where my Doos fly over also fae the channel

I was a fisherman for 26 years and never ever seen a perigan fly over the see ,and certainly never seen one on a boat , there's fisherman on this form here still at sea and be nice ta know if they have seen any , I've fished Faroe , and Iceland , at the lines in

summertime beautiful SKYS at my age now love ta ha a bash at it ?

Fly Oslo nat men, need to put there big boy pants on no advantage to no one, all doos. can starburst out and head for home if the Irish can fly 2 seas with west in the wind the nat flying ,all the same on the beak best bird on the day will have everyones recognition, is this the national or is it section racing you now call it.

Fly Oslo nat men, need to put there big boy pants on no advantage to no one, all doos. can starburst out and head for home if the Irish can fly 2 seas with west in the wind the nat flying ,all the same on the beak best bird on the day will have everyones recognition, is this the national or is it section racing you now call it.

Spot on mambo and it would be a worthy champion ?