Ideas For The Snfc

Delboy

Ok, ive refrained from posting for a wee while and let ye all have a wee gripe lol. 1. I did not say anybody would find out yer time, I said you had to report yer pigeon, whether it is by phone or text, makes no odds.The SNFC do not need to make any times public knowledge until an hour after they are reported. That would stop any potential cheating.

2. Walter,we had central marking before and it was the most successful race we have ever had. The outlying fanciers travelling great distances were subsidised and a van was put on to collect their pigeons. ps. Colin, i'll collect yer doos for ye pal lol. 3. Bobby, I bang on about security because the SNFC had the biggest cheat in Europe at one time and certain folk sat on their holes watching it, so get a f kin grip.

What odds does it make to your pigeon del? When mine is timed?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no odds usually m8 but I think it is very unsporting to hold yer time when guys are thinking theyve won the section or the open.

That's the thing del......you shouldn't be thinking you've won until told ...the libline only provides excitement but not proof

That's the thing del......you shouldn't be thinking you've won until told ...the libline only provides excitement but not proof

Dal, ye need members to report when they are in so folk can read the race. If nobody phoned in ye wouldnt know when to have the clocks read lol.

Edited by Delboy

well i cant text so id be fooked never learned how and dont want to central marking great idea but will never happen some of the members are to far away for that and would not send and also think watering is the most important part of convoyers job they can go without food but not water

but totally agree that this years officials and race control team have been the best in many years and welldone to them all hope they will all continue for years to come and bring this great club back to what it once was as for texting or phoning in your bird to help stop any cheating

cheating can only happen when someone is not doing there job properly and vigilance at marking stations should prevent this from happening in the first place but all for getting a text on lib or holdover im deff up for also paying entry and pools with chip and pin should be in place jmo

ps i thought thats the way any good race convoyer would water them anyway derek

and deff the less birds in a basket the better

Pmsl u write on here so exactly the same as a txt

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.

Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

Bull-s-hit I think all should post 1rst doo and I think the solway guys are out off order 1rst drop but love to moan

Bull-s-hit I think all should post 1rst doo and I think the solway guys are out off order 1rst drop but love to moan

I like to moan about being too close to Coalburn .....shortest fliers should always be first drop.....anything else isn't a straight race just a dog leg

I like to moan about being too close to Coalburn .....shortest fliers should always be first drop.....anything else isn't a straight race just a dog leg

20 Year’s our Doos have came fae the east we were racing fae ur neck and coming different direction but u won’t care as ur in the Golden mile

20 Year’s our Doos have came fae the east we were racing fae ur neck and coming different direction but u won’t care as ur in the Golden mile

You have the nats in the East now.....what else do you want?......maYbe exile the solway to the NFC ??? Not a mat then tho?

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.

Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

i would be the same i dont want to know when any one else is and hate folk messaging to tell me before end of night and find out then . Nothing worse than birds dropping in around and youve none

Dal, ye need members to report when they are in so folk can read the race. If nobody phoned in ye wouldnt know when to have the clocks read lol.

Heres my take on it, I dont know who forst decided the libline time would be put on the web for free, but I know it was never passed by the members, you wouldnt be so keen if you had to pay for the info, and by the way I wont be foning or txting any times in, no matter what, you only need to look at what happened in house and also in the NFC in England to see its a bad idea, I also will be putting a motion in for the AGM that the birds recorded on Libline are not published on to the website

Ok, ive refrained from posting for a wee while and let ye all have a wee gripe lol. 1. I did not say anybody would find out yer time, I said you had to report yer pigeon, whether it is by phone or text, makes no odds.The SNFC do not need to make any times public knowledge until an hour after they are reported. That would stop any potential cheating.

2. Walter,we had central marking before and it was the most successful race we have ever had. The outlying fanciers travelling great distances were subsidised and a van was put on to collect their pigeons. ps. Colin, i'll collect yer doos for ye pal lol. 3. Bobby, I bang on about security because the SNFC had the biggest cheat in Europe at one time and certain folk sat on their holes watching it, so get a f kin grip.

oh i can see central marking being best for a fairer race dell just cant see the guys in the north or south agreeing to having there birds ferried so far but can see how it would make a better race we have had the best returns for years in the gold cup ypres and roye wonder who will want it changed and why at this years agm

ps and an hour delay before reporting your timer if you chose would work also but should not be mandatory incase guys are working or not at the loft for some reason or other

Bring the Young Bird National 50 miles North,400 miles too far for YBs, also integrate the small sections with others, one section only sent 13 birds to YBN, or so I heard.....too many sections just to create section winners? North Section stretches from Aberdeen to Shetland. That's as far as from here to the Borders.

After a very successful SNFC season we must congratulate all the officials and workers that give up their time to look after our pigeons and make sure we get good racing. Onwards and upwards for the SNFC. However, I've thought of a few things that would help the club be even better. 1. Minimum birds to a basket/ crate. We all know the approx birdage each race will have so we should act accordingly.Every convenor should be told how many to a basket/crate prior to each race.Lets use ALL the baskets available.

2.Videos en route and at lib site.All birds feeding/watering, weather conditions etc etc should be made available to the members. Its so easy to do, a press of a button and its uploaded onto the SNFC website or Facebook .

3. Texting instead of libline.All members first pigeons should be TEXT in. Members pay £2 at start of the year and they are text when the birds are libbed, any updates, changes to marking dates , weather, hold overs etc etc .Everybody has access to a mobile phone and texting costs pennies.If your bird isnt text in , its not in the result.

4. Central marking for the Gold cup The most important race of the year should have the birds all mixed up .We did it before and had all 7 section winners in the first 10 open.

5.Getting the birds to drink I do believe this is the most important thing to insure success at any race.Id suggest giving the SNFC birds a small pick of seeds about an hour or two before the expected liberation.After they have had a pick, they will take a drink !!!!

Whats yer thoughts lads?

1, 18/ 22 birds per basket, no less than 18,

2, photo 15 mins before lib to sure weather good, to race control team [ as kenny young done this year for me], thanks again kenny,

3, do away with lib line,

4, dont agree with central marking, unfair on the folk who have a long distance to travel,

5, no feed for me 2 hours before lib,[ worst idea out of them all] dont want my pigeons flying with seed in them, long as they keep topping up the water all the time,

6, get a 600ml race back into central scotland,

7, nothing 2 do with nat, but all feds should have same race programme, and join up as soon as possible on one transporter rather than all going there self with half empty wagons, and this would stop most scottish feds clashing with each other,

7, get more folk to help at marking stations,

While on the subject of point seven, I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of Billy Gordon and myself, to thank the following people who gave up their valuable time to help out at the Section E marking station, in no particular order, apart from ladies first.

Mary Thomson our new PRO

Margaret Thomson {PRO's Mom}

Kelly Gillon

Frank Welsh

Jim Finnan

Robert Smith

Billy Ramage

Robert Clark and his young son.

Andrew Suckle

Malcolm Mathieson

Rab {the doo} Robertson

Jimmy Warwick

Andy McKee

Tommy McDonagh (our JVP}

Davy Allison

J. McPheat & Sons {clocks}

John Lawrie {clocks}

The various members of Uddingston Club, who helped, as and when required.

HOPE I HAVE NOT MISSED ANYONE.

On another subject, I don't understand why fanciers don't want to put their first bird on Lib Line, if I get one, I cant get on the phone quick enough. Just think back when you had to walk a mile to find a phone box, phone Charlie Graham, then send a telegram,in today' world these issues don't exist. JMO