• You cannot reply to this topic

Ideas For The Snfc Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   mambo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Club:Lanarkshire

Posted 23 September 2018 - 17:26 PM

Why would a nat man allow prize money to be given to a section that has the first drop of birds and there. Birds are sent on there bare a.rse if you had 20 birds in section B they can earn £200 at with prize money in the open when would the northern men have claim to this free bounty

#22 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:24 PM

I just don't understand this libline stuff....i used to sit outside the Masonic hall in Lockerbie until Percy Cameron declared the sect a winner!!!! Now you need to know minutes after you've timed or it's a shambles

#23 User is offline   Novice 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:29 PM

View Postdal2, on 23 September 2018 - 18:24 PM, said:

I just don't understand this libline stuff....i used to sit outside the Masonic hall in Lockerbie until Percy Cameron declared the sect a winner!!!! Now you need to know minutes after you've timed or it's a shambles

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.
Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

#24 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:37 PM

View PostNovice, on 23 September 2018 - 18:29 PM, said:

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.
Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

Even when it was declared it was still another week until the whole result was out....i will put mine on but not 100% in agreement

#25 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:47 PM

Ok, ive refrained from posting for a wee while and let ye all have a wee gripe lol. 1. I did not say anybody would find out yer time, I said you had to report yer pigeon, whether it is by phone or text, makes no odds.The SNFC do not need to make any times public knowledge until an hour after they are reported. That would stop any potential cheating.
2. Walter,we had central marking before and it was the most successful race we have ever had. The outlying fanciers travelling great distances were subsidised and a van was put on to collect their pigeons. ps. Colin, i'll collect yer doos for ye pal lol. 3. Bobby, I bang on about security because the SNFC had the biggest cheat in Europe at one time and certain folk sat on their holes watching it, so get a f kin grip.
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#26 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:51 PM

View PostDelboy, on 23 September 2018 - 18:47 PM, said:

Ok, ive refrained from posting for a wee while and let ye all have a wee gripe lol. 1. I did not say anybody would find out yer time, I said you had to report yer pigeon, whether it is by phone or text, makes no odds.The SNFC do not need to make any times public knowledge until an hour after they are reported. That would stop any potential cheating.
2. Walter,we had central marking before and it was the most successful race we have ever had. The outlying fanciers travelling great distances were subsidised and a van was put on to collect their pigeons. ps. Colin, i'll collect yer doos for ye pal lol. 3. Bobby, I bang on about security because the SNFC had the biggest cheat in Europe at one time and certain folk sat on their holes watching it, so get a f kin grip.

What odds does it make to your pigeon del? When mine is timed?

#27 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 18:58 PM

View Postdal2, on 23 September 2018 - 19:51 PM, said:

What odds does it make to your pigeon del? When mine is timed?

Makes no odds usually m8 but I think it is very unsporting to hold yer time when guys are thinking theyve won the section or the open.
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#28 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:04 PM

View PostDelboy, on 23 September 2018 - 18:58 PM, said:

Makes no odds usually m8 but I think it is very unsporting to hold yer time when guys are thinking theyve won the section or the open.

That's the thing del......you shouldn't be thinking you've won until told ...the libline only provides excitement but not proof

#29 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:16 PM

View Postdal2, on 23 September 2018 - 20:04 PM, said:

That's the thing del......you shouldn't be thinking you've won until told ...the libline only provides excitement but not proof

Dal, ye need members to report when they are in so folk can read the race. If nobody phoned in ye wouldnt know when to have the clocks read lol.

This post has been edited by Delboy: 23 September 2018 - 19:18 PM

Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#30 User is offline   Andrew suckle 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationcoalburn south lanarkshire

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:19 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 23 September 2018 - 14:02 PM, said:

well i cant text so id be fooked never learned how and dont want to central marking great idea but will never happen some of the members are to far away for that and would not send and also think watering is the most important part of convoyers job they can go without food but not water
but totally agree that this years officials and race control team have been the best in many years and welldone to them all hope they will all continue for years to come and bring this great club back to what it once was as for texting or phoning in your bird to help stop any cheating
cheating can only happen when someone is not doing there job properly and vigilance at marking stations should prevent this from happening in the first place but all for getting a text on lib or holdover im deff up for also paying entry and pools with chip and pin should be in place jmo
ps i thought thats the way any good race convoyer would water them anyway derek
and deff the less birds in a basket the better

Pmsl u write on here so exactly the same as a txt

#31 User is offline   Andrew suckle 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:22 PM

Bull-s-hit I think all should post 1rst doo and I think the solway guys are out off order 1rst drop but love to moan

#32 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:31 PM

View PostAndrew suckle, on 23 September 2018 - 19:22 PM, said:

Bull-s-hit I think all should post 1rst doo and I think the solway guys are out off order 1rst drop but love to moan

I like to moan about being too close to Coalburn .....shortest fliers should always be first drop.....anything else isn't a straight race just a dog leg

#33 User is offline   Andrew suckle 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:37 PM

View Postdal2, on 23 September 2018 - 19:31 PM, said:

I like to moan about being too close to Coalburn .....shortest fliers should always be first drop.....anything else isn't a straight race just a dog leg

20 Year’s our Doos have came fae the east we were racing fae ur neck and coming different direction but u won’t care as ur in the Golden mile

#34 User is online   dal2 

• High Ranking

Posted 23 September 2018 - 19:43 PM

View PostAndrew suckle, on 23 September 2018 - 19:37 PM, said:

20 Year’s our Doos have came fae the east we were racing fae ur neck and coming different direction but u won’t care as ur in the Golden mile

You have the nats in the East now.....what else do you want?......maYbe exile the solway to the NFC ??? Not a mat then tho?

#35 User is offline   Andrew suckle 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 20:11 PM

View Postdal2, on 23 September 2018 - 19:43 PM, said:

You have the nats in the East now.....what else do you want?......maYbe exile the solway to the NFC ??? Not a mat then tho?

Fair playing field but forgot u want it ur own way lol correct me if I’m wrong

#36 User is offline   Novice 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers

Posted 23 September 2018 - 20:18 PM

View PostAndrew suckle, on 23 September 2018 - 19:22 PM, said:

Just wait till you become a victim then see how you feel.
Don’t belittle comments when you don’t know the facts.

#37 User is offline   Andrew suckle 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 20:25 PM

View PostNovice, on 23 September 2018 - 20:18 PM, said:

Just wait till you become a victim then see how you feel.
Don’t belittle comments when you don’t know the facts.

State the facts then get it out in the open

#38 User is offline   STB 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:Kilsyth hs

Posted 23 September 2018 - 21:05 PM

Getting a lot of new younger fanciers in asap because if we dont they be hardly any one left in 10 years

#39 User is offline   STB 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:Kilsyth hs

Posted 23 September 2018 - 22:06 PM

i would be the same i dont want to know when any one else is and hate folk messaging to tell me before end of night and find out then . Nothing worse than birds dropping in around and youve none

#40 User is offline   Henrik 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 22:45 PM

View PostDelboy, on 23 September 2018 - 20:16 PM, said:

Dal, ye need members to report when they are in so folk can read the race. If nobody phoned in ye wouldnt know when to have the clocks read lol.

Heres my take on it, I dont know who forst decided the libline time would be put on the web for free, but I know it was never passed by the members, you wouldnt be so keen if you had to pay for the info, and by the way I wont be foning or txting any times in, no matter what, you only need to look at what happened in house and also in the NFC in England to see its a bad idea, I also will be putting a motion in for the AGM that the birds recorded on Libline are not published on to the website

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders