Ideas For The Snfc

Delboy

After a very successful SNFC season we must congratulate all the officials and workers that give up their time to look after our pigeons and make sure we get good racing. Onwards and upwards for the SNFC. However, I've thought of a few things that would help the club be even better. 1. Minimum birds to a basket/ crate. We all know the approx birdage each race will have so we should act accordingly.Every convenor should be told how many to a basket/crate prior to each race.Lets use ALL the baskets available.

2.Videos en route and at lib site.All birds feeding/watering, weather conditions etc etc should be made available to the members. Its so easy to do, a press of a button and its uploaded onto the SNFC website or Facebook .

3. Texting instead of libline.All members first pigeons should be TEXT in. Members pay £2 at start of the year and they are text when the birds are libbed, any updates, changes to marking dates , weather, hold overs etc etc .Everybody has access to a mobile phone and texting costs pennies.If your bird isnt text in , its not in the result.

4. Central marking for the Gold cup The most important race of the year should have the birds all mixed up .We did it before and had all 7 section winners in the first 10 open.

5.Getting the birds to drink I do believe this is the most important thing to insure success at any race.Id suggest giving the SNFC birds a small pick of seeds about an hour or two before the expected liberation.After they have had a pick, they will take a drink !!!!

Whats yer thoughts lads?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all except point 3 seen reasonable

not all fanciers have mobile phones

especially older ones ,

when would you have to text in by ? within an hour of clocking ?

this in itself would cause problems as what about the guys who are working

and before anyone says if they were true fanciers they would be at lofts

lots of guys cant get time off at the drop of a hat or get someone

to wait at their lofts all day in the hope of seeing a bird

remember the guys who you would probably depend on to do this

probably have their own birds at the race

ps- a lot of races are held over so you cant book time off in advance

where would you have central marking , where would be in the middle or there abouts, Solway, oban, Orkney, and the south east , all are members of snfc and send birds

After a very successful SNFC season we must congratulate all the officials and workers that give up their time to look after our pigeons and make sure we get good racing. Onwards and upwards for the SNFC. However, I've thought of a few things that would help the club be even better. 1. Minimum birds to a basket/ crate. We all know the approx birdage each race will have so we should act accordingly.Every convenor should be told how many to a basket/crate prior to each race.Lets use ALL the baskets available.

2.Videos en route and at lib site.All birds feeding/watering, weather conditions etc etc should be made available to the members. Its so easy to do, a press of a button and its uploaded onto the SNFC website or Facebook .

3. Texting instead of libline.All members first pigeons should be TEXT in. Members pay £2 at start of the year and they are text when the birds are libbed, any updates, changes to marking dates , weather, hold overs etc etc .Everybody has access to a mobile phone and texting costs pennies.If your bird isnt text in , its not in the result.

4. Central marking for the Gold cup The most important race of the year should have the birds all mixed up .We did it before and had all 7 section winners in the first 10 open.

5.Getting the birds to drink I do believe this is the most important thing to insure success at any race.Id suggest giving the SNFC birds a small pick of seeds about an hour or two before the expected liberation.After they have had a pick, they will take a drink !!!!

Whats yer thoughts lads?

Not a member but i think yer spot on with yer proposal

all except point 3 seen reasonable

not all fanciers have mobile phones

especially older ones ,

when would you have to text in by ? within an hour of clocking ?

this in itself would cause problems as what about the guys who are working

and before anyone says if they were true fanciers they would be at lofts

lots of guys cant get time off at the drop of a hat or get someone

to wait at their lofts all day in the hope of seeing a bird

remember the guys who you would probably depend on to do this

probably have their own birds at the race

ps- a lot of races are held over so you cant book time off in advance

where would you have central marking , where would be in the middle or there abouts, Solway, oban, Orkney, and the south east , all are members of snfc and send birds

think it would be a step in the right directions Del ðŸ‘

Mostly go with them Del but Central marking would be difficult for me (not driving) I already need the good lady to take me and can't see her taking me to Perth or wherever.

Texting yes ,

The lib line is a joke when nat winners don,t put their times up causing suspicion , so make it compulsory or scrap it .

Great post, I have thought for years that giving a pick of small seed before lib , even in fed races it's a great idea. But I don't believe in you must call in your first bird, if a great performance was disqualified due to not calling in but had legitamate proof through clock then it's a poor show, I understand the idea but not for me.

well i cant text so id be fooked never learned how and dont want to central marking great idea but will never happen some of the members are to far away for that and would not send and also think watering is the most important part of convoyers job they can go without food but not water

but totally agree that this years officials and race control team have been the best in many years and welldone to them all hope they will all continue for years to come and bring this great club back to what it once was as for texting or phoning in your bird to help stop any cheating

cheating can only happen when someone is not doing there job properly and vigilance at marking stations should prevent this from happening in the first place but all for getting a text on lib or holdover im deff up for also paying entry and pools with chip and pin should be in place jmo

ps i thought thats the way any good race convoyer would water them anyway derek

and deff the less birds in a basket the better

Your always banging on about security, well the biggest scandal to hit the SNFC was caused when someone could look at the libline and then time to beat those that were in, if it comes down to compulsory phoning or texting in times I wont be there, in fact I believe it would be a breach of my human rights to have to let someone else know my times, if I,m lucky enough to get one, could be an interesting day in court eh.

Your always banging on about security, well the biggest scandal to hit the SNFC was caused when someone could look at the libline and then time to beat those that were in, if it comes down to compulsory phoning or texting in times I wont be there, in fact I believe it would be a breach of my human rights to have to let someone else know my times, if I,m lucky enough to get one, could be an interesting day in court eh.

I agree won't be phoning or texting my times in

(If lucky anuff to get one would rather.leave this Club)

Am totally against people holding theyre times or putting they’re times on after they’ve seen other people’s time so a think same as England you must phone in an hour after timing only my opinion

Am totally against people holding theyre times or putting they’re times on after they’ve seen other people’s time so a think same as England you must phone in an hour after timing only my opinion

think your too nosy wanting tae know other peoples times wonder why ? personally i dont want tae know any times tae my clocks is read as i like tae think im the winner :drinking-coffee-200:

Why would a nat man allow prize money to be given to a section that has the first drop of birds and there. Birds are sent on there bare a.rse if you had 20 birds in section B they can earn £200 at with prize money in the open when would the northern men have claim to this free bounty

I just don't understand this libline stuff....i used to sit outside the Masonic hall in Lockerbie until Percy Cameron declared the sect a winner!!!! Now you need to know minutes after you've timed or it's a shambles

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.

Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

absolutely. Its a really good assist to those who would choose to cheat. There are people who would cheat in this game and the publication of arrival times helps this to happen.

Personally I like to feel I have timed a good pigeon till the result is published.

Even when it was declared it was still another week until the whole result was out....i will put mine on but not 100% in agreement

Ok, ive refrained from posting for a wee while and let ye all have a wee gripe lol. 1. I did not say anybody would find out yer time, I said you had to report yer pigeon, whether it is by phone or text, makes no odds.The SNFC do not need to make any times public knowledge until an hour after they are reported. That would stop any potential cheating.

2. Walter,we had central marking before and it was the most successful race we have ever had. The outlying fanciers travelling great distances were subsidised and a van was put on to collect their pigeons. ps. Colin, i'll collect yer doos for ye pal lol. 3. Bobby, I bang on about security because the SNFC had the biggest cheat in Europe at one time and certain folk sat on their holes watching it, so get a f kin grip.