Belgium Birds

KBBigman

For anyone with Belgium birds or who gets one in as a stray, our experience may help.

We got a Belgium stray in beginning of August, emailed the address on the SHU ring list for Belgium strays, undelivered, emailed the address on the RPRA website, undelivered, followed the link off the RPRA site to the Belgium union site, reported the bird on the 5th August, got email back saying owner notified, waited a week no contact so emailed the owner via her Belgium email address, still no contact after a week or so, used the contact form on the Belgium site to advise them of the situation and asked them to investigate, still no contact, so emailed the SHU advised them of the situation asked for advise/help what to do next, they replied put birds details on transfer form and they would transfer it to us.

Then got a phone call from SHU yesterday, bird registered with them owner lives in Motherwell, my man spoke with him last night and he's gonna come down and collect him on Wednesday.

So if you get a Belgium stray in report it to your own union as they keep lists of the Belgium birds, if we had known this it would have saved a lot of hassle and the bird could have been collected over a month ago.

My man been around birds all his life but wasn't aware other unions could sort out Belgium birds so perhaps unions could make their members aware?

Firstly I will say well done for your effort and good will, and intentions KBBigman. Your one that does do the so - called sport credit! Good of you.

Now his maybe another who can, just or barely, to afford them to keep and race sometimes. BUT can't afford to lose them. Costs would be horrendous!

Before anyone bothers to spout 'Shouldn't have them then' etc. etc. Remember there are very many also, indeed very many here that are in the same boat.

Personally I have over the last decade or so, never moaned or made a fuss when hearing the excuses. I just say 'If able, then I may lib near you or when that way' I ALSO STATE, WITH THEIR AGREEMENT' I AM WILLING TO send up the road ... there again If I felt, or liked the bird(s),I may offer to keep... after a few tosses.

One must also take on board, many may very well be the ones YOU beat most weeks, and they help financially the sport still with costs! The one who moan are often, or most likely the ones who BRAG about beating them. Oh for a perdect world eh!

Edited by Roland